Horror Films

Guest Mistress

I love horror movies, Mistress. :lol:

But I like the ones that are fun and silly and not scary.

Dead Heat with Treat Williams is great. Plus Treat is sexy which is awesome, too.

I don't like slasher movies though. Boooring. :)

But I love monsters and aliens. They are cool.

:lol:

bye!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You should watch Resurrection for the comedy value :D If possible it was even more predictable than H20 D: Jason X > Halloween Resurrection.

Good heavens....I might watch it one day for a laugh :) I also want to get around to seeing Jason X for the chuckle value....

I actually really liked Jason X. I mean, yeah it was cheese but the effects were alright, Uber-Jason looked really cool and, it was liek, IN SPACE! I just liked that they chucked out the old formula of omg, kids camping, they have sex and die and change it to omg, people in space, they have sex and die. Fantastic.

Guest Mistress
13 Ghosts was kinda funny ;)

I like the way they made the ghosts look in that movie.

I liked some of the effects and the look of that film - but thought it was pretty poor overall.

I am working on a great horror film, "the board that wouldn't die!"

I don't think these boards will die anytime soon, but it's getting boring already. We've been through,,.. music?.. horror movies, name and origin of avatar, 20 threads on what Project X could or couldn't be. Soon people have nothing better to do than test the mods' patience,..

well... ;)

I recommend the film Session 9. it's an American film from 2001 with David Caruso. The creepiest film I've seen in a long time. Tragic, too. If you haven't seen this, you ought to spank yourself.

That guy's voice in Session 9 was creepy. I didn't think I get so freaked out just listening to someone getting interviewed.

I don't know if it was as creepy as the Donnie Darko voice, but still.

A friend of mine keeps telling me I have to see Donnie Darko, but I never get around to renting it - there's always something else that I get and I completely forget about Darko.

Doesn't it involve a kid with an imaginary rabbit? I've mentioned wanting to rent it to my girlfriend and she looks at me funny - and I have to admit, I can't help but think of Harvey.

newlogo.gif

Phosphor,

At least you can try to rent it ... living in a rather rural area limits you to the mainstream :? Anyone use NetFlix to rent btw ... it is an option I am thinking of to get my hands on less "Hollywood" fair ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Guest Mistress
A friend of mine keeps telling me I have to see Donnie Darko, but I never get around to renting it - there's always something else that I get and I completely forget about Darko.

Doesn't it involve a kid with an imaginary rabbit? I've mentioned wanting to rent it to my girlfriend and she looks at me funny - and I have to admit, I can't help but think of Harvey.

I keep meaning to watch it, I have a copy and never seem to get round to it ;)

Rogers ... I have a gas station that rents DVDs ... though they did bring in Brotherhood of the Wolf ... which was a most pleasant surprise ;)

They probably thought it was something else ;)

I keep meaning to see that one as well, speaking of movies on the to-see list.

newlogo.gif

What about potal rental services? My other half and I live about 15mins (walk) from a crap rental shop, 2 minutes (walk) from two newsagents who have about 5 videos to rent (two being Ransom and Phantom Menace) and 30mins walk from the nearest Blockbusters which has plenty of stuff but...well, it's so damn pricey.

(...)

But I like the ones that are fun and silly and not scary.

Dead Heat with Treat Williams is great. Plus Treat is sexy which is awesome, too.

have you ever watched army of darkness? i found it a cheap, real great fun fantasy movie. ash, what's his name again... bruce campbell looks good, too, so you might like it. :blink:

the ordered copy of the wicker man has arrived today, and i just finished watching. i didn't find it scary at all, but it's one of the best films in my (humble) collection. such beauty! the dark nature of our past hidden on a surprisingly lush island in scotland... highly recommendable!

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Okay - I watched Ginger Snaps on DVD over the weekend. I had heard that it was supposed to be quite good, and "scary". Finally got round to watching it, and it was just a gorier Buffy. Ok - some bloody canine corpses and some screaming, very good, when will you be scaring me now? <_<

To be honest, I didn't expect to be scared, and the film was mildly entertaining. It just wasn't scary, not even slightly. It didn't even have a scary moment.

Wow, spotted this late

Lemme just say this on Ginger Snaps: It is not a good horror flick, granted. It is a good movie, tho'. Some would say great. I wouldn't, but some would. It's overly well-done, well-acted and...well...funny, sadly.

Remember An American Werewolf in London? Great movie. A true classic. Is it scary, tho'? Not really. It has its moments...but then again...

Beyond Re-Animator, another example. Is it as scary as the two first? No, obviously not, but it is one entertaining piece of art, still a good movie

A very different example: Apocalypse Now. Great movie. Terrible war movie.

That said, I suggest you see Ginger Snaps 2. I snagged it from a friend of mine who got it on a promo-disc (it's not in theatres yet far as I know), and it's very different from the first. Doomy as hell.

Also, I'd like to note European horror movies have often had the tendancy to be better than American horror movies, simply because European cinema always has that extra push over the edge. Amando de Ossorio is a good example of this. Or even Dario Argento

Blablablayadayadayada

inXile line producer

Interesting thing about The Entity is that, like The Amityville Horror was based on a true story [and AFAIK doesn't have the controversy surrounding it whether it really happened or not like Amityville].

http://maxpages.com/mapit/THE_ENTITY_CASE

thanks for that link, i remember it being based on a true story but i hadn't been able to read any more about it.

I am working on a great horror film, "the board that wouldn't die!"

Geez, don't even joke about that. It reminds me of a movie I rented one very boring summer, called "The Chair" (the movie, that is, not the summer)

I think the catchphrase on the box said something like "The Chair That Wouldn't Die"

It was a horror movie, but it was also the worst movie I've ever seen. Seriously.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

the ordered copy of the wicker man has arrived today, and i just finished watching. i didn't find it scary at all, but it's one of the best films in my (humble) collection. such beauty! the dark nature of our past hidden on a surprisingly lush island in scotland... highly recommendable!

Glad you liked it! No, it's not scary but it has a very eerie feel to it. The film is more like a classic ghost story in tone and character than an outright horror film.

Apparently the role of Lord Summerisle was/is one of Christopher Lee's all-time favourites.

newlogo.gif