Future SITH LORDS expansion packs

I was wondering about KOTOR and one thing is disturbing me greatly. I have finished whole game ten times and I'm pretty bored with the same quests, same locations and same characters all the time. If KOTOR was such great hit and received over 100 awards why Bioware didn't release any expansion pack yet? I mean, other RPG hits like Morrowind, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale have variety of new missions, new locations, new adventures and monsters which enrich original game so you can finish it once again and discover something new. I am happy that we will have new chapter of KOTOR but why we don't have any expasion packs to

the first one? I would buy expansion pack with new additional quest or new planet

for KOTOR 1. Anyone knows the answer?

And second issue is if we should have hope that Obsidian will release in the future

expansion packs for Sith Lords? For now the game is a mystery but next year we'll all finish it hundred times, and again...boredom.

So: will be any additional candies for us, or will Obsidian just forget about the project like Bioware did?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Bioware has too many projects going on at this time to follow up on KoTOR. They are more interested in developing their own IP then working with a crutch that is the "licensed property."

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Bioware has too many projects going on at this time to follow up on KoTOR. They are more interested in developing their own IP then working with a crutch that is the "licensed property."

Right! Dragon Age. I'm looking forward for that one.

Oh how I wish they'd have made an expansion pack that didn't even necessarily have to do with the main game. Some kind of side mission with a different set of characters that took place concurrently to the KOTOR storyline.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh how I wish they'd have made an expansion pack that didn't even necessarily have to do with the main game. Some kind of side mission with a different set of characters that took place concurrently to the KOTOR storyline.

Exactly that I had in mind.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Hmmm...wouldn't that be a whole new game (like KotOR 2)?

Not really. They could re-use existing planets, just have different enemies spawn to reflect the different storyline. IMO, the only different part would be the voice acting, since you'd either need a few new voices, or you'd go with a completely text based dialogue.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tha add on could take action after the destruction of Star Forge. Ever played any expansion for example to Morrowind or Icewind Dale?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Tha add on could take action after the destruction of Star Forge. Ever played any expansion for example to Morrowind or Icewind Dale?

Yes I did. I own both the expansions for Morrowind. But you have to remember that Morrowind is lot more open ended thatn KotOR. Even though you could visit the planets in KotOR in any order, you still had a linear story to follow. That is not the case for Morrowind.

I haven't played IWD.

Nevetheless, they would be breaking the continuity of the story. Unless OE links the new with the KotOR 2.

Hmmm...don't know. IMO, it doesn't seem too feasible.

How would my suggestion be breaking continuity?

These worlds are supposedly quite large. I'm sure it's feasible that while the KOTOR party is doing their thing on Tatooine, the "new" party can be completing one of their missions on Manaan or on Kashyyk.

For example, you don't think there were other little battles, other little conflicts going on during that time? I highly doubt that the 10 people in your party were the ONLY ones that were battling the Sith and Malak. I'm sure that there were other little operations going on that we didn't see on-screen. One of those operations could be in an expansion pack.

YES!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Nevetheless, they would be breaking the continuity of the story. Unless OE links the new with the KotOR 2.

Hmmm...don't know. IMO, it doesn't seem too feasible.

How would my suggestion be breaking continuity?

These worlds are supposedly quite large. I'm sure it's feasible that while the KOTOR party is doing their thing on Tatooine, the "new" party can be completing one of their missions on Manaan or on Kashyyk.

For example, you don't think there were other little battles, other little conflicts going on during that time? I highly doubt that the 10 people in your party were the ONLY ones that were battling the Sith and Malak. I'm sure that there were other little operations going on that we didn't see on-screen. One of those operations could be in an expansion pack.

I see your point.

But if the were to create an expansion pack with new characters, wouldn't you like to see/control them in KotOR 2?

OE would need to include them in the sequel.

I see your point.

But if the were to create an expansion pack with new characters, wouldn't you like to see/control them in KotOR 2?

OE would need to include them in the sequel.

Not really, because they'd be "minor" characters. Their mission wouldn't be the kind where the fate of the galaxy is at stake, and thus you could pass them over without much thought.

For example, the Rebel soldiers on Hoth. They had a "mission" to complete. Some of them survived. But because they were just minor characters, there was no real worry about making sure that they appeared in RotJ.

The only characters that usually warrant a mention in any subsequent movies/games are the main ones, or the ones most responsible for the "big" moment (such as Wedge Antilles was, even though he wasn't a "main" character).

You bring up good points.

But, as we all know, this all wishful thinking. There will no be expansion packs for KotOR. Bioware is busy working on other projects, and OE is busy working on the sequel.

IMO, It doesn't make sense the develop an expansion pack, when you have a sequel coming out in less than seven months.

Very well then. In that case we should poison minds of the devs quickly so they'll

made expansion for Sith Lords...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

You bring up good points.

But, as we all know, this all wishful thinking. There will no be expansion packs for KotOR. Bioware is busy working on other projects, and OE is busy working on the sequel.

IMO, It doesn't make sense the develop an expansion pack, when you have a sequel coming out in less than seven months.

I know. And I never meant to imply that Bioware should or was going to do one. Since they've pretty much washed their hands of KOTOR, I know they won't.

My suggestion was to show that it was actually feasible to do, had Bioware a)had the time and b)chosen to do so far before TSL was scheduled.

Yes I did. I own both the expansions for Morrowind. But you have to remember that Morrowind is lot more open ended thatn KotOR. Even though you could visit the planets in KotOR in any order, you still had a linear story to follow. That is not the case for Morrowind.

I haven't played IWD.

As far as I can tell, Morrowind's story is just as linear.

I haven't played IWD.

As far as I can tell, Morrowind's story is just as linear.

Not necesarily. Sure you still had to complete a main quest, but after you completed it, you were free to explore the rest of the world.

After you defeated Malak, the only thing you could do is start a new game.

That is what I meant when I said that Morrowind was more open ended than KotOR

WEll the reason the didn't release an expansion pack because of X-Box, you can't download it and that is why the xbox version has so many bugs(we hav no patches)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

WEll the reason the didn't release an expansion pack because of X-Box, you can't download it and that is why the xbox version has so many bugs(we hav no patches)

stupid xbox people always ruining our fun. :rolleyes: