Alexia

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/k,2/j,771/?o=100a101

some good.

some bad.

absent from list are the following:

Torn

BG3

FO3

it is sad that black isle will be remembered by many crpg fans for the games it cancelled as much as for the games it developed.

most of the obsidian developers was once employees of black isle.

some good.

some bad.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/k,2/j,771/?o=100a101

some good.

some bad.

absent from list are the following:

Torn

BG3

FO3

it is sad that black isle will be remembered by many crpg fans for the games it cancelled as much as for the games it developed.

most of the obsidian developers was once employees of black isle.

some good.

some bad.

HA! Good Fun!

Like I said, some wannabe Bioware company. We ALL know that Bioware made the Baldur's gate series, not Black Isle. They just tried to steal some of Bioware's glory.

Some wannabe Bioware company that tanked because all their games sucked.

How could they be a BioWare wannabe when they were BioWare's publisher? BioWare wouldn't be where they are today without Black Isle. :blink:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Throne of Bhaal were published by Black Isle and Neverwinter Nights would have been as well if not for Interplay's management.

And don't forget here that they did Fallout 2 and comprised most of the staff that worked on Fallout 1. You are really playing down Black Isle's accomplishments with statements like these.

It's not my fault Bioware had more success than Black Isle. I mean, we all KNOW that the Baldur's Gate games were better than Planescape or the Fallouts. And I personally think that the Devs have a whole lot more to do with a game than the publishers. Hence why Black Isle published the games, and said "Ooooh, look at us, we MADE Bioware what they are today....too bad that we f*cked up and made all these bad games, and now we have to pick up on what Bioware was too good for. (KotOR 2)

It's not my fault Bioware had more success than Black Isle. I mean, we all KNOW that the Baldur's Gate games were better than Planescape or the Fallouts. And I personally think that the Devs have a whole lot more to do with a game than the publishers. Hence why Black Isle published the games, and said "Ooooh, look at us, we MADE Bioware what they are today....too bad that we f*cked up and made all these bad games, and now we have to pick up on what Bioware was too good for. (KotOR 2)

Since when do we all know that the Baldur's Gate games were better than Planescape Torment and the Fallouts? I was never under that delusion.

Anyway, a small developer needs a publisher to provide money, sales, marketing, audio voice overs/music, QA, and overall support. Black Isle provided that to BioWare. They never would have got off the ground or past that Shattered Steel game they did without Black Isle and Interplay's support.

Eru, you can die know if you wish or do you want help. Grrr... :(

No I'm quite alive thank you. I can't wait for FOOL that'll probably top Brotherhood of Steel what with all the cool items and stuff that's bound to be in it. But Bioware will always be better than Black Isle, you guys just won't admit it.

Especially Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance!

With the multiplayer that game roxXor3d!

Total pwnage on P:T!

True dat! The only good Fallout game was Brotherhood of Steel, and that wasn't even made by them, just based on their universe. :(

Which one?

Eru, you can die know if you wish or do you want help.  Grrr...  :(

No I'm quite alive thank you. I can't wait for FOOL that'll probably top Brotherhood of Steel what with all the cool items and stuff that's bound to be in it. But Bioware will always be better than Black Isle, you guys just won't admit it.

First of all the odds of FOOL (and by the way I love the acronym choice and feel it definately reflects Caen and current Interplay properly) are very slim. BioWare never was better than Black Isle. On the other hand, Black Isle suffered gravely because of the financial difficulties/poor management of its parent company Interplay. Something BioWare never had to worry about being independent.

BIS had its day in the sun. It ultimately failed, and has crashed. Now, BIO and others have taken its please. Eventually, BIo will die and another will take their place. It is called the Development Cycle.

As for BIO needing BIS to do as well as they have. That's balony. The success of both NWN, and KOTOR prove that. The fact that BIS is virtually dead, and BIO is still growing proves that. the fact that most (if not all) of BIO's games have been more successful than BIS' games kinda disproves that theory.

Still I will miss BIS. Afterall, they did make the FO series. :)

P.S. Eru: :blink:;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Okay, how about Obsidian, the reborn Black Isle Studios is a bunch of Bioware wannabes....would that make more sense? :blink:

Was Luke Skywalker a Darth Vader wannabe when he overthrew the evil Empire?

Was Leif Ericsson an Eric the Red wannabe when he discovered the Americas and claimed it in Viking glory?

Was the yellow teletubby a Big Bird wannabe when he mesmerized children of our generation with his inane babbling?

Nay, these were visionaries, just like their predecessors. Obsidian is the renewal of Black Isle, the unquenchable and unyielding warrior spirit of the fallen fathers! Down with BIOWARE!

Chant with me now guys.

DOWN WITH BIO-wAReZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Some wannabe Bioware company that tanked because all their games sucked.

I agree, you should post this here, there are alot of people that agree with you.

http://mistresslair.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I mean, we all KNOW that the Baldur's Gate games were better than Planescape or the Fallouts.

really...??? are we certain there isn't a weeeee bit of opinion on this?

actually, most people that have played the fallouts or P:T generally agree those are some of the best crpgs ever designed.

the BG series certainly was the most popular and probably sold more titles than any other crpg in history... but to say we all KNOW they're the best is disingenuous at best (be careful there exitium...)

taks

comrade taks... just because.