Revan's family ...

How did Revan's mother die? :( I ask this because I remember playing through KotOR and doing Bastila's sidequest (which I usually aim to complete anytime I've replayed the game) and coming across a reference to his mother. It sticks in my mind because of the finality of his answer (strange how Revan could remember such a detail at that time, when it seems the rest of his memories were pretty much wiped clean).

Apparently Revan knew who his mother was, and even knows how she passed on. Well, it seems that way from what I could gather from his conversation with Bastila's mother. There were only two options that presented themselves to me, when she questioned me about Revan's mother. The first being to brush her off without a definitive answer, and the other to answer that Revan's mother was dead :( . Of course the entire thing could have been cooked up as a reconstructed memory of the Jedi Council, but somehow the answer struck me as being true (there was no sense of hesitation, no uncertainty that I could detect - granted it was just a simple one line answer - "My mother is dead." sort of thing). Makes me wonder if he knows of his father, or of any siblings.

I wonder if this little bit will be addressed in KotOR 2. It's little things like this that add both depth and mystery to my impression of Revan.

I find it difficult to believe that he would randomly remember a part of his true past without having a LOT of other revelations, or at least a change or faltering in tone. We don't really know if there was any hesitation :( but it's something to consider. PRobably a little vague to put in the sequel, though we might incidentally find out what happened to Revan's real mother.

chances are he didnt remember it was just programmed in by the jedi council that she passed as was his identity to be a pawn of the council.

in that revaltion bit he remember who he was but not great detail, if anything for kotor 2 he went to korriban to retrace his steps to something he might have found that he could use either good or bad. If you listen to how bastilla speaks in revelation i detect a slight vindictive tone in the line "what greater cause is there to turn you own enemies knowledge against them".

chances are he didnt remember it was just programmed in by the jedi council that she passed as was his identity to be a pawn of the council.

in that revaltion bit he remember who he was but not great detail, if anything for kotor 2 he went to korriban to retrace his steps to something he might have found that he could use either good or bad. If you listen to how bastilla speaks in revelation i detect a slight vindictive tone in the line "what greater cause is there to turn you own enemies knowledge against them".

In the fanfic I'm working on, I had it that the Jedi Council programmed that both Revan's parents died in part of Sith activities so that Revan would hate the Sith.

I agree that I don't think Revan would remember his/her true parents.

Or maybe Revan said his/her mother was dead out of malice to stop Bastilla's mother from using his/her family as leverage in her dispute with Bastilla.

i would of liked that whole scene better if you could of killed bastillas mother or at least said some really nasty stuff like "if you were my mother i would have killed you a long time ago" lol :D

the sith rule

And here I thought that Sith were nicer to their mother's than the Jedi. :)

manthing2.jpg

i would of liked that whole scene better if you could of killed bastillas mother or at least said some really nasty stuff like "if you were my mother i would have killed you a long time ago" lol :D

the sith rule

And here I thought that Sith were nicer to their mother's than the Jedi. :blink:

Thats right, its common knowledge. Siths buy mothers day presents; help out around the house etc. Jedi are too self-righteous for all that business.

"No mum, I can't do the vacuuming right now! I'm trying to save the galaxy!"

Mother: Do the vacuuming

Jedi: No!

Mother: Do the m********king vacuuming!!

Jedi: ah ah ah, there is no emotion, there is peace!

Mother: *WHACK*

Jedi: *cries*

:p

:(

'He's not a jedi, he's a very naughty boy!'

Anakin's got it in for the 'younglings' in episode 3, watch and you will see. ^_^

OMG, this must be a crime, for I have made another ryhme! :o

manthing2.jpg

:(

Anakin's got it in for the 'younglings' in episode 3, watch and you will see. ^_^

Your a poet and you dont know it!

:o

:o

Your a poet and you dont know it!

Ah, now I have seen the light. Thank you Sirius, you're always right.

:(:o

manthing2.jpg

Revan's mother didn't die. Revan's alterego's mother died. It would be rather foolish to leave memories of Revan's actual mother if she were alive.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Revan's mother didn't die. Revan's alterego's mother died. It would be rather foolish to leave memories of Revan's actual mother if she were alive.

True, emotional ties like family would only serve as a distraction to him and may spur him into trying to find his mother, therefore maybe leading him back down the dark path.

True, emotional ties like family would only serve as a distraction to him and may spur him into trying to find his mother, therefore maybe leading him back down the dark path.

More importantly, she could identify who he/she really was. That would be a bad thing.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

More importantly, she could identify who he/she really was. That would be a bad thing.

This is also true, sooo I think it is highly unlikely that they would leave true memories of her, if indeed she is still alive, or even dead because s/he could still go and search for some evidence of her. Therefore inadvertantly stumbling across some evidence of his/her true identity, it would be a dangerous game indeed.

Heres a theory as we all know when ever Revan landed on a new planet he would get a kind of flash back of his past (the star map) and when he was on Taris the bunch of visions with Bastilla and him fighting. My theory is that Bastilla's mom asking him triggered another memory to come and he just went with it I unno something to wrap ur head around.

LOL, seriously though the Sith probably are nicer to their moms than the Jedi.

A Sith may desire the power to protect those that they love ( i.e. their mommy's  ), whilst a Jedi would detach themselves and not know how to love ( hence no mother's day card  ).

Sith believe in survival of the strongest if mamma cant cut it mamma should die

LOL, seriously though the Sith probably are nicer to their moms than the Jedi.

A Sith may desire the power to protect those that they love ( i.e. their mommy's  ), whilst a Jedi would detach themselves and not know how to love ( hence no mother's day card  ).

Sith believe in survival of the strongest if mamma cant cut it mamma should die

They also believe in order, loyalty and discipline. Thou shall not disobey thy mother! :angry:

:blink:

manthing2.jpg

loyalty, thats a funny one considering whenever the sith apprentice sees a chance, he/she will try to kill the master. interesting def'n of lyalty...

If a Sith is proven to be weak, the force rewards the mighty and the brave...step up if you dare, or turn tail and run! :)

Besides, the projection of the Sith (and Jedi for that matter) in Bioware's KotOR somewhat contradicted EU many a time. So woe betide thee unfortunate self unless you've read Golden Age of the Sith in the Tales of the Jedi. :)

manthing2.jpg

nope, i know a lot about star trek (watched all the episodes of every series except enterprise, seen every movie, read every book, and played every game) (and please dont kill me because im a trekkie) but star wars, i play the games, i have watched all the movies and read some books but i dont know all that much about star wars...

nope, i know a lot about star trek (watched all the episodes of every series except enterprise, seen every movie, read every book, and played every game) (and please dont kill me because im a trekkie) but star wars, i play the games, i have watched all the movies and read some books but i dont know all that much about star wars...

Here you go trekkie, ^_^ :

as3362.gif

;););)

manthing2.jpg