A few KotOR II Suggestions

This is just a list of a few things some friends and I would like to see.

1.) Customizable lightsaber hilts! It's minor, and yes it can be time-consuming, but it would add a lot to the immersion level (in our opinions) if, at later stages when you are more powerful, you could make customizable hilts.

2.) Custom colors. Come on. We all know there's more than a few colors in the world! Let us make our own color!

3.) Races should affect your attributes. This most definitely adds to immersion.

4.) Let us flying the bloody ship! It's okay, I suppose, to just be in the ship and see a cinematic showing us flying to another planet. But how much cooler would it be if we could take off, fly, and land manually? Of course, for those of us who don't want that, there could be an auto-pilot kind of thing.

5.) More NPC interaction! It gets pretty annoying hearing them say, "I don't have anything to talk about."

6.) Unique-looking characters. Why can't we have more control over how our characters look? Not just body sizes, but clothes. In EverQuest, for example, you can dye your armor!

7.) Eating and drinking. Not really something a game has to have, but a kind of cool thing to do in a weird way.

8.) Well, since we'll have battle meditation, this one is probably a given. But... Large-scale battle is good. The largest battles I can remember from KotOR are at most 5 or 6 enemies. Perhaps there could be a battle in which every member of your party fights? For example, your ship is hijacked in transit and when you exit the Ebon Hawk there is a fight involving all on-board characters.

9.) Better scripting. I realize this has been posted, but I just wanted to stress it. It's a concern all gamers have.

10.) Longer game! I beat KotOR in 36 hours. That's way too short. In our opinion, games should take at least 60 hours to complete--and that's without power-leveling or side quests.

11.) Introduce a new light saber style that might've been lost long ago. We have single, dual, and staff, but something new would break the mold. And that's what you're looking to do, is it not? Perhaps something like a Japanese Naginata (http://www.japan-expo.com/img/clt/naginata.jpeg). It would make for an odd lightsaber, but a very cool one, in my opinion.

These are just the thoughts of two friends and myself. I'm sure if we spent more than 15 minutes brainstorming we could come up with more. But this is what we've got.

1. We are going to have different hilts.

2. I doubt it.

3. PC can only be human.

4. I thought they said they were going to put something like this in but that was a long time ago.

8. They were talking about it.

9. They were talking about it.

10. They have said the game is going to be about the same length as KotOR I.

Just few suggestions:

1. Sentry guns: Did you guys see the movie Aliens? I wish we can set up our own autometic sentry guns.

2. More "usable" stuff: Let's say I'd love to jump into a laser turret whan I see a band of enemy soldiers

3. Demolition: I think the characters with such skill should be able to set up bombs to blow up something... (Say doors, mainframe, enemy vehicles... etc.)

Am I the only one who feels suggestions like these are all fine, but that it's hopeless seeing how far into the development cycle the game already is?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

2. More "usable" stuff: Let's say I'd love to jump into a laser turret whan I see a band of enemy soldiers

That's an awesome suggestion, but seeing as how the CRPGers apparently have no hand eye coordination, and they complained about the extremely simple Ebon Hawk turret minigame, I think we'd get complaints of 'twitch' elements. :lol:

That's an awesome suggestion, but seeing as how the CRPGers apparently have no hand eye coordination, and they complained about the extremely simple Ebon Hawk turret minigame, I think we'd get complaints of 'twitch' elements. :lol:

Funny that, i always thought it was their dislike of 'twitch gaming' in a CRPG itself, and not a lack of hand eye coordination. But what do i know, eh?

That's an awesome suggestion, but seeing as how the CRPGers apparently have no hand eye coordination, and they complained about the extremely simple Ebon Hawk turret minigame, I think we'd get complaints of 'twitch' elements. :rolleyes:

Funny that, i always thought it was their dislike of 'twitch gaming' in a CRPG itself, and not a lack of hand eye coordination. But what do i know, eh?

I guess that may be the case, but their complaints of not being able to complete the Ebon Hawk turret game suggest otherwise. ;)

Am I the only one who feels suggestions like these are all fine, but that it's hopeless seeing how far into the development cycle the game already is?

Nope, I totally agree.

That's why I'm more concerned with getting suggestions into the type of game we'd like to see for their next project.

Nope, I totally agree.

That's why I'm more concerned with getting suggestions into the type of game we'd like to see for their next project.

Yeah, that could really be an interesting discussion. But unfortunately Obsidian has been everything but talkative about anything concerning their projects. If they participated in the discussion about their next project and actually let people know what it is then this board would be a blast. Unfortunately there's not much to give suggestions on yet, and it feels unnecessary to try to suggest anything before we even know if it's medieval, post apoc or high school.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

60 hours not including side quests? that's just crazy. majority of games take 20 hours usually. kotor1 was expected to have around 40-50 hours with all the side quests. so 60 hours no side quests is pretty rediculous.

custom hilts is a good idea, small detail, but nice. but color is no real big deal. most colors are just variations of the ones already in the game.

kotor is an rpg, not a first person shoot/flyer.

Even if it's really good it's nearly impossible to keep interest. I thought I heard it would be around same length as KOTOR 1. That means 20-30 hours including sidequests (but not including the amount of time wasted by quickloading whenever you make a mistake). I found BG impossible to keep an interest in (it wasn't my syle as much and it was insanely repetitive and hard enough to be annoying in many parts).

By the hard part i mean like if you fight a siren you have to try again and again if you don't happen to have picked up a wierd spell to dispell the thing's curse (and getting new spells in that game is really annoying).

That's an awesome suggestion, but seeing as how the CRPGers apparently have no hand eye coordination, and they complained about the extremely simple Ebon Hawk turret minigame, I think we'd get complaints of 'twitch' elements. :p

Although it will be great for me if it is another turret fight minigame style, my original thought is something like those catapults in the Neverwinter nights. Some modules or the HotU expansion have such design. I believe it will be fun to add this.

The people who complained about the turret mini-game complained about how it repeated itself, how boring it was, and how it was near impossible to lose. I don't anyone ever complained that it was too difficult.

If you're going to integrate the Ebon Hawk, then do it right or don't do it at all.

This is just a list of a few things some friends and I would like to see.

1.) Customizable lightsaber hilts! It's minor, and yes it can be time-consuming, but it would add a lot to the immersion level (in our opinions) if, at later stages when you are more powerful, you could make customizable hilts.

2.) Custom colors. Come on. We all know there's more than a few colors in the world! Let us make our own color!

3.) Races should affect your attributes. This most definitely adds to immersion.

4.) Let us flying the bloody ship! It's okay, I suppose, to just be in the ship and see a cinematic showing us flying to another planet. But how much cooler would it be if we could take off, fly, and land manually? Of course, for those of us who don't want that, there could be an auto-pilot kind of thing.

5.) More NPC interaction! It gets pretty annoying hearing them say, "I don't have anything to talk about."

6.) Unique-looking characters. Why can't we have more control over how our characters look? Not just body sizes, but clothes. In EverQuest, for example, you can dye your armor!

7.) Eating and drinking. Not really something a game has to have, but a kind of cool thing to do in a weird way.

8.) Well, since we'll have battle meditation, this one is probably a given. But... Large-scale battle is good. The largest battles I can remember from KotOR are at most 5 or 6 enemies. Perhaps there could be a battle in which every member of your party fights? For example, your ship is hijacked in transit and when you exit the Ebon Hawk there is a fight involving all on-board characters.

9.) Better scripting. I realize this has been posted, but I just wanted to stress it. It's a concern all gamers have.

10.) Longer game! I beat KotOR in 36 hours. That's way too short. In our opinion, games should take at least 60 hours to complete--and that's without power-leveling or side quests.

11.) Introduce a new light saber style that might've been lost long ago. We have single, dual, and staff, but something new would break the mold. And that's what you're looking to do, is it not? Perhaps something like a Japanese Naginata (http://www.japan-expo.com/img/clt/naginata.jpeg). It would make for an odd lightsaber, but a very cool one, in my opinion.

These are just the thoughts of two friends and myself. I'm sure if we spent more than 15 minutes brainstorming we could come up with more. But this is what we've got.

1) We're exploring this idea.

2) The color will still be based on what crystal you have in the hilt. What color crystals you find, however....

3) The possibility of making the PC different races was explored, but in the time-frame we have, it just wasn't feasible.

4) That would be one huge mini-game that would take a ton of resources to complete. And honestly, in my opinion, for not much payoff.

5) They're responses were based on your experience level in KOTOR1. This was used so the party NPC quests were spaced out over the entire game. As far as I know it's going to be this way in KOTOR2. We don't want to show you all our cards on the first planet, do we?

6) Everquest is a mmorpg with thousands of people playing. Unique looks are more of a necessity than a feature. We're sprucing up the models for KOTOR2 and adding more heads as well as new armor. You should be able to make yourself look plenty cool.

7) Um, no.

:lol: Battles were (and are) limited to what the hardware can handle. There are ways to work around this, but don't expect anything on the scale of Ep2.

9) Everything in KOTOR2 will be better! BETTER I SAY!! MUHAHAHAHA!

10) Ah, but how many times did you play it?

11) I think this has been addressed in other posts.

SiO2

i dont get the obsession with sabres. its just a tool of destruction aint it? use the force i say.. or some other form of psychic, mystical powers. i think this game should include mythical talking beasts with strange and wonderful mental powers.

anyway id like to see npc quests tie in with the plot/sidequests more so as they seem less mechanical. and also at the risk of being labelled a tool id like npc interaction in addition to the npc quests. simliar to planescape of course. in that you have a bunch of dialogue/questions that you can have with your npcs which may not actually achieve anything concrete other than get you information on their opinions (with regard to characters/locations/situations/ideas) and give you more of a feel of their personality. these options would be permanent options that you could talk about so that you never click on an npc and get an empty dialogue tree. new permanent options could be added as you visit new areas/characters.

hopefully all of this will be in the end product. if not i'll just have to indulge in killing some vanilla villager types to sate my rage.