The It's Disappointing Thread II - The Sequel

The trailer, I'm relatively sure, was made by LA's Marketing division, not Obsidian.

I am, however, sure that Obsidian had no knowledge of this debacle that LA just pulled off.

Which makes this matter even sadder. They must not be very happy with their LucasArts "partners" at this moment, I would imagine.

If all people have to worry about is LA lying to them about a release date for a game then they should consider themselves lucky because there are a lot worse things that could happen to you. We just had 2 hurricanes here and maybe another 1 on the way so the fact that the PC & International kotor2s won't be out until february has no meaning for me, good or bad.

Am I the only one who notices that people are getting worked up and screaming over a video game? :blink:

I've noticed too and it worries me a bit. With everything going on all over the world with wars and famine it strikes me as a little silly to get all huffypuffy over a video game. Just calm yourselves and go play Fable until february or go try Star Wars Battlefront if you need some Star Wars action.

Am I the only one who notices that people are getting worked up and screaming over a video game? :)

You are only coming here to get us more worked up. If you are annoyed by it, go to another thread! You are just trying to start a flame war. Any mod with a decent feeling should ban you.

Well said.

manthing2.jpg

Am I the only one who notices that people are getting worked up and screaming over a video game? :)

I've noticed too and it worries me a bit. With everything going on all over the world with wars and famine it strikes me as a little silly to get all huffypuffy over a video game. Just calm yourselves and go play Fable until february or go try Star Wars Battlefront if you need some Star Wars action.

i agree with both these people....although it is terrible that the pc version is coming out 2 months after the xbox one it is only a video game....its not like its torture for every second that we r waiting for kotor 2

Not a suprise at all. PC gamers and Europians usually get **** like this.

Not that I really care. Plenty of other games I'm gonna play. But it does mean major parts of the plot will be revealed here and everywhere online. Ruining it for the people who can only get it later.

International:

1: Translations. Want the game in German? Takes some extra time. Same with any other languages. Some longer than others, especially if the direct translation is something that might not be a good idea.

2: TV resolution in Europe is different from NA and Japan.

3: Distribution. While some companies have international branches (ie, Capcom), most do not. They have to get a local distributer, making sure all the i's are dotted and t's whichever language is appropriate under whichever laws are appropriate.

PC vs Console:

It comes down to consoles just being easier. One set of system specs to test on and all. Of course, X-Box is supposed to be far easier to convert to PC and vice versa than PS2.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to answer why EA, an American company, would release 007 & the Sims in Japan several weeks before NA, I would appreciate it.

Am I the only one who notices that people are getting worked up and screaming over a video game? :blink:

i agree with both these people....although it is terrible that the pc version is coming out 2 months after the xbox one it is only a video game....its not like its torture for every second that we r waiting for kotor 2

lol, Speak for yourself!

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Well i would always rather a polished KOTOR 2 for pc, than a buggy, one. At least there isnt 6 months gap like the first one.

Same here. I hav said that numerous times, at least we dont hav to wait until march and beyond, and that a polished game is better than a buggy one, no matter how good the game is.

Besides, at least we will get it in the end, and when i do get KOTOR2, u wont see me here for a longo time.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

We won't see you for a while? :lol:Awww.

I can live with PC coming out late. But the fact that they told us that the same mistake wouldn't happen again - Xbox being released half a year earlier - is just silly.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. We should've seen this coming instead of being hit on the head repeatedly with the fact just a few days ago.

Fnord.

The link that kumquatq3 posted below suggests that LucasArts has decided to hold back on the release of the PC version for reasons other than it not being ready in time.

Or atleast, if you read the press release about their intentions as late as August stating that BOTH will be available for the HOLIDAYS in winter 2004, but then suddenly they announce only the XBox version will be.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Vamos a jurgar por la playa...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm getting it fer xbox however for a short period I did have KOTOR fer PC and I gotta say the PC version was so much better.

i) Way more stuff

ii) Better graphics

iii) Much better sound

and finally

iv) in my opinion better controls

I moved back in with my rents from skewl and they're computer wasn't fast enough fer it so I traded it fer the xbox version I miss the PC version :lol:

Topic Pruned.

Okay guys, last straw time. I come into these threads and try to keep them at least somewhat on topic, but when I come here and the threads are more spam than discussion, that tells me it may be time to close them.

Whether or not the release date aggravates you, please allow others their own emotions. Of course everyone realizes that there are more important things going on than a video game release date.

It's pretty clear in the subject of the thread what this is about. As I said in my first post:

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT PEOPLE'S FRUSTRATION OVER THE RELEASE DATES, GO TO ANOTHER THREAD.

Keep the spam down. Cut out the insults. Or this thread will be closed and no more permitted.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Everyone upset that they feel lied too and all need to step back and take a deeper look into this.

So, in reality, the PC version will come out about the exact time they initially said it, and the Xbox version, would. Problem is, that meant missing the biggest game sales time of the year...Christmas. So, they decided to give it a try to speed up production and shoot for releasing in time for the big sales rush.

The Xbox version requires less intensive coding, so speeding up the process is logically easier. The PC version has a lot more variables. Bugs might affect one screen res but not another, or appear on one vid card but not another, and the like. You either luck out and don't find any bugs, or most likely you do. These bugs require time to fix and test.

As was said earlier, I would rather have a bugless version that comes out a few months late than another Daikatana or ToEE.

And if you simply MUST feel lied to, try to think like this:

Xbox fans are going to get a game before it is really ready

...not PC fans are getting left out in the cold, again.

Think about it: We all know that M$ wants to take over the video game market. They want the Xbox (and its successors) to be the end-all to video gaming, even removing the pc from the equation. It stands to reason that in order to save face with the Xbox community, and potential Xbox community, they are willing to overlook things to get a game out on time or ahead of schedule. Even pay publishers to release a game before it is ready.

So, if you think of it in this light, what is actually happening is M$ is forcing the rush of a buggy piece of [expletive] to market before it is ready in order to satiate their target community. In the meanwhile, Obsidian and Atari are going to take the necessary time to make sure the PC version is ready to go when it is ready to ship. Now, doesn't that feel better? (No? Then I don't know what to tell you.)

Then again, if M$ is gerimandering the release dates, it is likely they are trying to boost Xbox sales. Around the holidays, people are more willing to spend the money on an Xbox just to play one game. So, hold the pc version, and more people will buy your flagship video game product in order to play the same game on the Xbox. Tricky marketing, eh, but also highly plausible, and very likely. After all, its all about how much money you can make, and an Xbox costs a lot more than a pc version of a video game.

Very well said, Grandpa, but unfortunately, untrue.

The US Xbox version has been in development for months longer than either the PC version or the International versions, explained in a post by Akari in the other thread.

The K1 pc and international delays caused Obsidian to get the code months later than they were able to get the code for US Xbox. Development on K2 US Xbox began as soon as they got that code.

LA has known from the beginning that the US Xbox version was in a far more advanced stage of development, and yet still offered the "simultaneous release" marketing.

That, I believe, is what most people have issue with.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Very well said, Grandpa, but unfortunately, untrue.

The US Xbox version has been in development for months longer than either the PC version or the International versions, explained in a post by Akari in the other thread.

The K1 pc and international delays caused Obsidian to get the code months later than they were able to get the code for US Xbox.  Development on K2 US Xbox began as soon as they got that code.

LA has known from the beginning that the US Xbox version was in a far more advanced stage of development, and yet still offered the "simultaneous release" marketing.

That, I believe, is what most people have issue with.

Amen :rolleyes: the little tinkers that they are <_<

I hav today thought of perhaps another reason for the USA Xbox release in december and the international release in february.

The Xbox USA version gets released in december, in time for the christmas rush. This=Lots o Money

The international release is february. I happen 2 know that Star Wars Episode 3-Revenge of the Sith, is released in early 2005, which could be anywhere between January 1st and March 31st. With the hype over the movie, more people buy Star Wars game (inculding KOTOR2, which will be released around the same time). This=Lots more Money.

It makes sense dont it.

I really didn't want to wade through 24 pages on the other thread, so I went with what I had here, and the blurb on the Lucasarts site. (Sorry for the Atari mention before...my bad)

That all makes sense,though, what you said Adria.

But again, it's what I've said on many threads on the various boards here at Obsidian...money money money. Marketing makes money. Tell the people what they want to hear, etc, ect, etc.

I also believe that the devs felt that they could probably do it, just make the needed changes in the pc version once they got the code, but eyes can be bigger than stomaches sometimes.