Someone brought up the topic of genetics earlier

Product of the Cosmos

lol Someone said I was a disgrace to their genepool. Oddly enough I studied more in-depth my crests and lineage.

Scottish: MacGregor Clan. Known for being one of the fiercest and most might clans in all of Scottish history. Hunted by kings(started by James VI I believe) nobleman etcetc for centuries and eventually being reinstated as a honorable clan. Also I find there is a movie based on one of my lineage Rob Roy MacGregor.

English: William the Conquerer. Apparently known as one of the most cunning and brutal war Kings of English history. Conquered all of England after an oath from the previous King that he would be crowned King of England when he died was broken by beaurocrats and the Church. Is also descendant of like 20 US Presidents.

other that I do not know much about: German, Polish, Nez Pierce...

lol. Apparently my lineage is known for being some of the greatest warriors/tactitions in our history. lmao. Just thought that was ironic going on the insult thrown at me by someone today(I found out most of this today as I looked into names I didn't really know about further).

:ph34r: ;) :D :ph34r:

Anyway, beyond the ironiy from this put down earlier from someone..

What is your lineage? Do you even know? I didn't know too much until today, and I was dumbfounded.

Ambrosia3.gif

My claim to fame is I'm a descendant of Pocahontas and the father of the modern tobacco industry, Thomas Rolfe.

Just because you have some famous ancestors doesn't mean you're not a disgrace to your genepool. But it does mean that not only are you a disgrace to the genepool, but a digrace to your lineage as well.

Have a nice day. <_<

"But it does mean that not only are you a disgrace to the genepool, but a digrace to your lineage as well.

Have a nice day."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats hilarious! Actually I probably would be. I'm not really one who likes to sponsor war. A lot of my heritage seemed to be warriors...

I haven't confirmed the William the Conquerer one with.. whoever does that sort of thing. lol. so that one is possible to be incorrect I should say.

Ambrosia3.gif

"But it does mean that not only are you a disgrace to the genepool, but a digrace to your lineage as well.

Have a nice day."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thats hilarious!  Actually I probably would be.  I'm not really one who likes to sponsor war.  A lot of my heritage seemed to be warriors...

Heh, my heritage is Peace Loving Tobacco addicts. Well....one for two ain't bad I guess. I'd probably be using tobacco if it wasn't for all the extra chemicals they put in it these days. ;)

It's not enough to check heraldry. A lot of genealogy places will whip out a crest based on your last name and call it a day. Sharing a common surname doesn't insure relation. It's astounding how many people with Scottish blood will claim to be related to the Stuarts. Of course, they never actually trace it back themselves and certify what they've been told, but that doesn't stop them from claiming it all the time.

I am 15/16ths German (Bavarian/Donauschwaben), 1/16th English. My ancestors were farmers, vinters, blacksmiths, and all-around regular peeps.

It's not enough to check heraldry.  A lot of genealogy places will whip out a crest based on your last name and call it a day.  Sharing a common surname doesn't insure relation.  It's astounding how many people with Scottish blood will claim to be related to the Stuarts.  Of course, they never actually trace it back themselves and certify what they've been told, but that doesn't stop them from claiming it all the time.

I am 15/16ths German (Bavarian/Donauschwaben), 1/16th English.  My ancestors were farmers, vinters, blacksmiths, and all-around regular peeps.

Yeah, but I've got some posh relatives in bloody ol' England (Forgot about them last post) descended from the Bowlings (Apparently there's still a Bowling Mansion somewhere in England that is now a museum much like Hearst Castle in Central California. ) who have compiled a little book that has my ancestry traced way, way back. I'm even in it! :D

I don't even know how to go about researching my lineage. I know I'm decended from one of the founding families of the Comox Valley in BC, Canada on my mom's side, further back from that no idea, as well as my dad's side no idea.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"It's not enough to check heraldry. A lot of genealogy places will whip out a crest based on your last name and call it a day. Sharing a common surname doesn't insure relation. It's astounding how many people with Scottish blood will claim to be related to the Stuarts."

My Scotish decent is verified. I have a crest made specifically for myself from Scotland. So the MacGregor lineage is for sure.

And I didnt goto any anscestry sites.. They all tried to charge me. lol.

I just read up on my history. Wasn't too hard to find the crest of my bloodline of Scotish descent.

The King William is passed down knowledge. So I wouldn't know that one for sure. In fact, I didnt even really know or care who William the Conquerer was when I was told I am lineage of. Just figured it was just some idiot conquerer.. lol. Not one of the most prominent figures in human history.

Anyone here Scotish? WOuld I get a free drink or something for being lineage of this clan? lol.

"Supposedly my great-great grandfather was a horse thief in Italy; this only makes me wonder whether or not it's even worth researching family history further back."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! My great grandma was abootlegger.. She goes on tangents every once ina while(shes old and senile), where she goes "GRAB THE HOOCH THE *i forget what she called the cops* ARE COMIN* lmao.. You never know man.. All I knew before today about the actual names of my descent was my crest has a lion and a crown on it, and the name William the Conquerer .. lol. When I read the back, that said the 'motto' of my bloodline is 'royal is my race', that perked my ears up a bit..

I wouldnt want to be related to a bunch of KKK bastards.. lol

Ambrosia3.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My great grandma was abootlegger.. She goes on tangents every once ina while(shes old and senile), where she goes "GRAB THE HOOCH THE *i forget what she called the cops* ARE COMIN* lmao.. You never know man..  l

Heh, I didn't mention my great-grandfather on the other side of my family who was known for his bathtub gin.... :D

A friend of mines grandpa used to be a priest, now he's just senile. Once my friend and his brother got into a politics discussion with him, and it turned out he used to be a nazi back in the day. Thats like "songs from the second floor" where this old general starts raving about "say hello to G

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Supposedly my great-great grandfather was a horse thief in Italy; this only makes me wonder whether or not it's even worth researching family history further back.

Was he sicilian? Sicily was a pretty seedy place. No wonder so many people can trace their lineage back to it.

No, Southern Italian, near Bari.

"Thats like 'songs from the second floor'..."

Which is, like, a really crappy movie.

Well, one day you will grow up too... hopefully

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I wouldnt want to be related to a bunch of KKK bastards.. lol

Hey, watch your mouth son. All my recent ancestors past my parents have been racist southerners. :unsure:

Well I would have faught VS them indefinetly if they tried to take the country. lol. Racism is one thing I cannot tolerate. lol. I do live close to the capital of the KKK tho :rolleyes:

Ambrosia3.gif