Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?

Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Yes, but not for purely petty reasons like jealousy or whatever.

I think it should have been released when the PC version was released simply because now there's a huge possibility of spoilers about the plot/story/plot twists. This game will only be as successful as its story, and if that story is already revealed before the PC users even have a chance of buying a copy, then there goes the main reason for buying the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes, but not for purely petty reasons like jealousy or whatever.

I think it should have been released when the PC version was released simply because now there's a huge possibility of spoilers about the plot/story/plot twists.  This game will only be as successful as its story, and if that story is already revealed before the PC users even have a chance of buying a copy, then there goes the main reason for buying the game.

You damn well know it!

manthing2.jpg

Why cant the xbox version just the shelved in the meantime?

Because as a business that would be a stupid thing for them to do. The number of games that will be sold isn't set in stone. By releasing it for Christmas, you get the consumer that are buying gifts for people they know have an XBox and want to get them the latest release.

For a business to sit on a finished product for two months, especially past the busiest sales month of the year, would be insane just to coddle some gamers who are afraid of spoilers or sulking over broken promises. Releasing it in December means it's a new game that will be at the top of lists. Releasing it in February means that by next Christmas it's old news.

Because as a business that would be a stupid thing for them to do. The number of games that will be sold isn't set in stone. By releasing it for Christmas, you get the consumer that are buying gifts for people they know have an XBox and want to get them the latest release.

For a business to sit on a finished product for two months, especially past the busiest sales month of the year, would be insane just to coddle some gamers who are afraid of spoilers or sulking over broken promises. Releasing it in December means it's a new game that will be at the top of lists. Releasing it in February means that by next Christmas it's old news.

Then they shouldn't have promised "simultaneous release" in the first place, damn it. <_<

manthing2.jpg

:D Are LA paying you? ;) j/k :p

:D Are LA paying you? ;) j/k :p

:p

manthing2.jpg

Then they shouldn't have promised "simultaneous release" in the first place, damn it.  <_<

It's called "making a mistake." ;)

And dagnabit Darth Sirius, LA should be paying me! Obviously they need a little PR help right now.

In business, "making a mistake" is called a PR nightmare, which is exactly what's happening now.

If you promise to take your friend to the movies, but then realize you had other commitments, that's "making a mistake". If a business makes a claim and then completly does the opposite, that's called time for a new marketing department.

I work for a large business and believe me, if this sort of decision was done at my work, heads would roll and people would be fired based on the backlash already from the decision.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Then they shouldn't have promised "simultaneous release" in the first place, damn it.  <_<

It's called "making a mistake." ;)

And dagnabit Darth Sirius, LA should be paying me! Obviously they need a little PR help right now.

We don't pay money for their "mistakes".

manthing2.jpg

All I have to say is if they do release the XBOX version in December the PC version better be on the shelves next to it( so they better get start moving there asses). If not there better be alot of extra content AND a price cut or I'll never buy a game from Lucas Arts or Obsidian ever again.

You just dont break a promise with a highly anticipated game like this. Pushing back the release date is one thing but saying All versions will come out together and they dont is just complete and utter bull crap.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

No it was a simultaneous release.

Then there must be some nasty bugs still popping up in the PC version that the dev team needs time to fix. Would you really want to play KotOR 2 bugged to hell just because you're envy of XPox owners getting the game first? As I said in a few threads already, game development is much more difficult for the PC's than for consoles due to there being limitless different configurations of PC's, while console hardware is static.

Besides, do you really believe someone would postpone the PC version's release simply out of evil spite? Trust me, they'd have profitted much more if both versions were released around Christmas.

Listen. A promise, a offical statements is being broken. How can we trust Lucasarts to keep there promises every again with stunts like this?

Heh, there're always possibilities of something unexpected to happen. A dev got drunk celebrating the game's would-be soon release and spilled his martini over a rig... Repeatedly... On a regular basis... ;)

Or someone was simply wrong with the initial estimations.

Or a serious bug they weren't expecting crept up at the last minute.

It's life. It's full of these little surprises. You know, stuff happens. One clumsy move and you're a father... ^_^

No it was a simultaneous release.

Then there must be some nasty bugs still popping up in the PC version that the dev team needs time to fix. Would you really want to play KotOR 2 bugged to hell just because you're envy of XPox owners getting the game first? As I said in a few threads already, game development is much more difficult for the PC's than for consoles due to there being limitless different configurations of PC's, while console hardware is static.

Besides, do you really believe someone would postpone the PC version's release simply out of evil spite? Trust me, they'd have profitted much more if both versions were released around Christmas.

I agree, I guess PC gamers want a bugged out game rather than something better. I voted no, for the obvious reason that I am an Xbox owner. Some people are taking this very badly, it's not the end of the world. Promises are made to be broken, or so I've heard.