Poll: Odds of Bastila coming back

What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • 25%
    • 10%
    • 0%

I think the possibilities within one episode does provide a great sense of individual gaming experience -not to mention that it constitutes the very replay-value that is so impoerant; but still I'd say it's a different matter when it gets to inter-episode choices.

So because that provides a good deal of individual gaming experience,there's no reason to expand on it and allow even more?

anyway, how long do we have to wait in order to find out? until Dec. or Feb.?

If they can get it out by Dec and it's complete then I'll hope for Dec. If they need the extra 2 months to work on something I say let them have it.

*Crosses his fingers for Dec.*

Yeah but there is general storyline of whole series. Do you realize what chaos would we have in Jedi Knight series if devs would got both endings as real?

Besides I don't know how it is possible to dislike Carth or Bastila? They are very interesting characters with their own problems and they are more human that

most characters in video games. I can't imagine killing anyone of them...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Yeah but there is general storyline of whole series. Do you realize what chaos would we have in Jedi Knight series if devs would got both endings as real?

Umm,no I don't. What chaos would have been brought about by that?

Besides I don't know how it is possible to dislike Carth or Bastila? They are very interesting characters with their own problems and they are more human that

*Shrugs* I don't dislike either of them myself. However my individual taste does not always,nor should have too,fit with everyone else. People are allowed to have their own feelings on the characters. Which again is a reason to allow for more options to choose from. Your taste is not the same as everyone else by adding the options it allows you have your style of play while someone else can have theirs.

Well for example Jedi Outcast was based on light side ending. Katarn remained a Jedi freed ghosts from the valley and now bad Desann tries to retake the secret from him. If devs would consider also dark ending which is extremely different (Katarn as Dark Emperor rules galaxy using power of the valley) then it would be impossible to make any sense storyline becouse storyline canot be based on two different endings. Do you get it now?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

A)That's not chaos.

B)Mysteries of the Sith is more of a sequal to JK the JK:O.

C)JK is not a RPG,RPG's have more to do with personal and individual choice then actions style games like the JK series.

D)Right off the top of my head-

A rival Dark Jedi fighting KK for his place. There were ways it could have been worked.

Or

They could have done something along the lines of JA where KK was in the game but not the PC.

There are ways to work things that allow choice and do not bring about chaos.

You refer to dark side ending now. Still don't understand nothing. Any game can't be based on different endings. If you think so try to make scenario for such game.

No one will complicate things by such nonsense (and no one ever was).

I am closing this issue now 'cause there is no point in continuing it.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It would mean more chaos and I'd prefer clear solutions in basic things. There must be some stable elements nd Bastila's presence should be such element.

Her presence could be in the game even if she as a character is not seen. She doesn't have to be a member of the JC for that to be in the game. And the lack of her presence could mean a lot to people who hated her. I've seen a few people who loved to kill her the way some love to kill Carth.

Ah yes, but nobody is indifferent which is a testement to how great the characters are! I've seen people express their "hate" at characters yet they beat the game 20 times in a row and can qoute all the lines from those "terrible" characters. Besides they are a minority!

You refer to dark side ending now. Still don't understand nothing. Any game can't be based on different endings. If you think so try to make scenario for such game.

No one will complicate things by such nonsense (and no one ever was).

Heh,you speak for everyone do you?Interesting.

Anyway,tis cool if you want to drop it. Wasn't trying to fight,simply debate.

So I say dont waist the original characters! Its a sequel after all!

Yes it's a sequal,but the characters of the first are not the only focus of the game.

This is what Obsidian has to consider:

- LS male Revan with redeeming Bastila --> Bastila alive at the end.

- DS male/female Revan --> Bastila alive at the end.

- Neutral male/female and not redeeming Bastila --> Bastila dead at the end.

One could argue that Bastila is too unimportant to be in KotOR II, but the other will say that her Battle meditation + the bond with Revan made her very important. But yet again, how would you implement Bastila in KotOR II without giving her a role that would overshadow the story? I can imagine one of the devs repeating "The Horror, the horror, the horror" to himself when trying solve this as smooth as possible without sacrificing the focus of Sith Lords.

If i where a dev, i would ditch those qualms easily by having Sith Lords take place, let's say 200 years, after the events of KotOR. Revan would get the same role as Exar Kun did in KotOR and it would give Obsidian enough creative freedom to create a story of their own.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

how would you implement Bastila in KotOR II without giving her a role that would overshadow the story?

Has it been stated how big a role Revan will play? I know it's been said we'll find out what his destiny was/is but that doesn't mean he/she will play a huge role in the game. Could simply have Bas's destiny,alive or dead,be done as part of that line in the story. Wouldn't have to over shadow the whole plot of Sith Lords.

Any reason why didn't you have LS female listed up there?

how would you implement Bastila in KotOR II without giving her a role that would overshadow the story?

Has it been stated how big a role Revan will play? I know it's been said we'll find out what his destiny was/is but that doesn't mean he/she will play a huge role in the game. Could simply have Bas's destiny,alive or dead,be done as part of that line in the story. Wouldn't have to over shadow the whole plot of Sith Lords.

I'm under the impression that the devs have said that Revan will play a vital role in KotOR II, thus Bastila will aswell. Please correct me if i'm wrong about this (with links or quotes ;)).

Any reason why didn't you have LS female listed up there?

Forgot to add that part. Sorry.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm under the impression that the devs have said that Revan will play a vital role in KotOR II, thus Bastila will aswell. Please correct me if i'm wrong about this (with links or quotes : )).

I don't think your wrong there,but I haven't seen anything that's said Revan will actually be in the game for a huge part of it. They could simply have part of the story be looking for him/her,why you're doing so you either come across some of the characters from the other game or information about them. What info,when, where,how,and why you meet the different characters I'm going to assume would be decided by the questions asked at the start. Bas's fate could simply be shown in that way without it over shadowing anything. Maybe Bas's fate,alive or dead,has to do with why Revan left a year after Knights.

Forgot to add that part. Sorry.

No reason to be sorry,*L*Thought you did so for a reason.

If they wanted to focus predominately on new characters they could have put the story 50 years down the road. I half expected they would. Considering it's only 5 years down the road, I expect KOTOR:1 characters to play a significant role in the game.

If they wanted to focus predominately on new characters they could have put the story 50 years down the road. I half expected they would. Considering it's only 5 years down the road, I expect KOTOR:1 characters to play a significant role in the game.

True,time will tell one way or the other exactly how much of a role they play.

Yoiu know, that Deus Ex 2 pulled that trick on many people. But then again, the game wasn't as good as the original Deus Ex.

The big problem is hanging a plot point on Bastilla. What if she's dead? Then you have to hang the plot point on someone else for those people. And the plot point may not be as relevant.

Bastilla and Revan were linked though. And I bet their fates are similiarly linked. If Revan killed Bastilla, perhaps he went mad.

The big problem is hanging a plot point on Bastilla.  What if she's dead?  Then you have to hang the plot point on someone else for those people.  And the plot point may not be as relevant.

Bastilla and Revan were linked though.  And I bet their fates are similiarly linked.  If Revan killed Bastilla, perhaps he went mad.

Couldn't that, "tied destinies" thing mean up until a certain moment in time?

Maybe Bastila will survive with amnesia like Revan.. heh...

But yeah, if they think up a really awesome plot, and it mean's Bastila is dead, they might just use the plot anyway.