Poll: Odds of Bastila coming back

What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • 25%
    • 10%
    • 0%

I'll go with 50%.

Basically because that represents the two possible choices in the last game (redeem her/have her join you as your apprentice OR kill her). In other words, she either lives (50%) or dies (50%) in the events of the first game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm going with 75%. There's probably certain things that won't be entirely based on the starting sequence and I'm fairly confident (based on nothing whatsoever) that she will make a cameo appearance, if not a full blown one. It really isn't too hard to script 3-4 separate versions of dialogue for her and a couple of different scenes depending on what you pick at the beginning. Bearing the fact that she was in the Star Forge, a location of immense strength in the Force, anything could have happened.

What I'm more curious about is this whole 'Sith Lords controlling the universe' business with Jedis believed to be extinct. That can't possibly be the result of a good ending in KOTOR.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

What I'm more curious about is this whole 'Sith Lords controlling the universe' business with Jedis believed to be extinct. That can't possibly be the result of a good ending in KOTOR.

That's what bothers me the most about only having a 5 year gap between KOTOR 1 and 2. Yes, 5 years is a pretty good length of time, but to go from the events of that last scene in KOTOR in the LS ending, to where the Jedi are either extinct or in hiding is quite drastic.

If TSL was put maybe 30 or more years later, then I think it'd make a more reasonable excuse, regardless of how it's explained.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That can't possibly be the result of a good ending in KOTOR.

In ANH the rebels destroyed the Death Star to end up getting run into the ground through Empire.(which if I'm not mistaken,there is a few years between the end of ANH and Empire.) Could simply be a much larger version of that kind of situation. They pulled out a victory in one battle,the war apparently was far from over.

In ANH the rebels destroyed the Death Star to end up getting run into the ground through Empire.(which if I'm not mistaken,there is a few years between the end of ANH and Empire.) Could simply be a much larger version of that kind of situation. They pulled out a victory in one battle,the war apparently was far from over.

I think the key difference though, is that in ANH, it was never really stated or believed to be that ALL the Empire's top guys and their entire army was on the Death Star. In fact, they made mention of the Emperor disbanding the senate, indicating they still had a high ranking character in the Empire still around, not to mention the fact Vader wasn't killed.

In KOTOR, the entire reason for the huge Sith forces was the Star Forge and Darth Malak. They made it seem as though there wasn't a huge army holding back somewhere in case the Star Forge was destroyed. They also gave no indication that there were any powerful Sith Lords other than Malak waiting in the wings.

good point

They also gave no indication that there were any powerful Sith Lords other than Malak waiting in the wings.

they did say a bunch of jedi followed Revan into war

In KOTOR, the entire reason for the huge Sith forces was the Star Forge and Darth Malak. They made it seem as though there wasn't a huge army holding back somewhere in case the Star Forge was destroyed. They also gave no indication that there were any powerful Sith Lords other than Malak waiting in the wings.

True,but the Star Forge had been pumping out ships,said ships had to have crews. Just like Dat. wasn't the only place where there was Jedi being trained there's nothing to say Korr. was the only place sith were being trained.

The Republic and the Jedi had taken rather large hits to their man power both in deaths and people switching sides,they were both in a weak state. And instead of one powerful leader you have at least a few powerful people stepping up and taking charge and hitting all ready hurting group. They might not be as strong on an individual level as Malak,but they don't have to be.

I'll go 75%.

She has a 100% chance of surviving if you go Dark Side, and a 50% chance of surviving if you go Light Side. So I pick the median between the two.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'll go 75%.

She has a 100% chance of surviving if you go Dark Side, and a 50% chance of surviving if you go Light Side. So I pick the median between the two.

Basically if you're going for anything but Greysider, she's alive. (Uber Lightsider would redeem her, Darksider would take her on as an apprentice. )

Though she might have been later killed by Revan if she tried to overthrow him in the intermittent five years. I think even if she is dead though, she'll be coming back as a force ghost. :)

Well... She was a rather important figure in KOTOR1.

It's like DX: IW, Paul Denton is still around, but no one was arguing that they left him to die in the first game.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Almost everyone I know, including myself, left him to die, because we didn't think there was any option to save him. Took me two plays, after reading on some forum that I could save him.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

She's too well - developed character to be throw out from the series. And of course

she has too many fanboys (like me). Such character could be a main hero of a few games not only one. Let me remind you Kyle Katarn, Bastila is something similar.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I strongly believe that Bastilla's appearance should be strictly dictated by the Players choices at the begining of the game. Besides since the player chooses how the previous story ended then there sould definetily be an option about Bastilla's survival since she only dies if Revan decides to kill her on the Star Forge. So since there is the possibility of her death during KOTOR 1 then the player could choose outright her death from the begining of the game. If the Sith had prevailed then Bastilla follows Revan as his/hers apprentice and if Revan followed the Light then agian she must have joined him/her. The fact of the matter is this: Revan's fate is joined with Bastilla's. They have a bond so when Revan Leaves for unknown space then Bastilla should definetily join hm/her in his/hers quest. Ex or present Sith Lords don't wander around the galaxy aimlesly. Bastilla AND Revan are definetily going to make an appearance in the Sequel with one way or another. :ph34r:

Its always better to include her then not at all. Paul Denton example is good. It would be impossible to provide for every single variation of KOTOR1 ending, but surely it is a good idea to provide for the most popular ones. And in most popular ending she lives.

I vote 75%

I don't think that minor permutations of the plot, such as opportunity to kill Bastila/Carth on the Starforge or romances will be taken into account, just the the dark/light ending. And that would be more than any other game has offered to date. Thus there would be appearances by both Bastila and Carth no matter what, IMHO.

Cameos by other killable characters will depend on the light/dark ending choice, obviously (again leaving out the chance of "light" character killing Juhani). And I don't doubt that we'll see Candyman and HK in any case ;).

Once again this brings up the issue how far the first-game-ending-interview will influence the basic story of TSL in a sensible way; you could kill her LS, you could also do many dark side deeds yet have the LS ending nevertheless -but I believe it makes a much better story for the sequel to make use of, if the LS Revan didn't kill Bastila and brought her to redemption: One can't just do away with the second most important character of the first game, because she was tricked into the dark side. Just because it was an option to do so in the first game, it shouldn't limit the story for the sequel.

If she isn't dead maybe T3 will lead us to her? Maybe she has recorded a message inside the droid.... ;)

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

You may not be able to see her but she is too valuable to continuity to leave out.

The message in the droid is very popular in the SW legacy, T3 will have all the info of the old characters and maybe a video but it will be more like just a couple of dialogue options tleling you what happened to them all.

Whatever happens she wont be a main character! :D

I don't think that minor permutations of the plot, such as opportunity to kill Bastila/Carth on the Starforge or romances will be taken into account, just the the dark/light ending. And that would be more than any other game has offered to date. Thus there would be appearances by both Bastila and Carth no matter what, IMHO.

The way they've implied it, the quiz would take into consideration of at least:

1. Whether Revan was male or female

2. Whether you took the lightside or darkside ending

3a. Whether Bastila dies on Star Forge or is redeemed in lightside ending

3b. Whether Carth was killed in Darkside ending ;)

4. Whether Revan killed Juhani at the grove

5. Whether Zaalbaar was left behind on Kashyyyk and/or Force Persuaded to kill Mission (darkside)

I hope those are covered.........