Petition Started!

I have started a petition on the LA website and i feel that Obsidian is just as much at fault as they are.

PC should not have to wait 2 extra months to play a game that will become available for xbox gamers at christmas, now i am a xbox gamer but i will not buy the game until it is released for pc if it will make a point get through.

the main point though is that they lied, and should be accountable to give us an explanation i think?

I think it'd be interesting if they made a study or released data on how many pc copies were sold and how many x-box copies were sold.

I to think this is simply inexcusable. Unless I'm seriously mistaken, the PC player is the demographic that KOTOR sells best in. THerefore, why should we wait AGAIN. This was a big bioware problem too and I can' t believe Obsidian, for whom I had such high hopes, has done it also.

I have started a petition on the LA website and i feel that Obsidian is just as much at fault as they are.

PC should not have to wait 2 extra months to play a game that will become available for xbox gamers at christmas, now i am a xbox gamer but i will not buy the game until it is released for pc if it will make a point get through.

the main point though is that they lied, and should be accountable to give us an explanation i think?

Good man, good man. I'm talking to my forum buddy lawyers and seeing if I actual have legal grounds to sue. Count me in for signing your petition, even if I don't start a lawsuit, I'll still be sending in a letter to LA. Bastards.

Not the point.

They advertised a all system release on the same day, now out of the blue they said "PC version is delayed 2 months".

If they were honest and said "Xbox version is likely to be released first" we sould complain but deal with it, being LIED about it on the other hand make us very pissed off about it.

False advertisement is a crime.

drakron.png

I'm talking to my forum buddy lawyers and seeing if I actual have legal grounds to sue.

Whoa man! I'm pissed off too, but I think a big flaw of our country is how easily we sue. Don't go that far! It's their decision ultimately...even if it loses fans, support, and costs us.

I'm talking to my forum buddy lawyers and seeing if I actual have legal grounds to sue.

Whoa man! I'm pissed off too, but I think a big flaw of our country is how easily we sue. Don't go that far! It's their decision ultimately...even if it loses fans, support, and costs us.

That it is, but this lawsuit will hopefully not just be me, but the international gaming community. It's not just me they pissed off but everyone. It's their decision to lie, and stir up hype with false advertisment, it's the entire community's decision to hold them to their word. :angry:

I think it'd be interesting if they made a study or released data on how many pc copies were sold and how many x-box copies were sold.

I to think this is simply inexcusable.  Unless I'm seriously mistaken, the PC player is the demographic that KOTOR sells best in.  THerefore, why should we wait AGAIN.  This was a big bioware problem too and I can' t believe Obsidian, for whom I had such high hopes, has done it also.

does obsidian really have much say in when the game is released i mean theyre part is almost done. after that do they have a say in when the release is? i dont think they do. i might be wrong but i think this was LAs decision and they might have gotten a little help making the decision from microsoft. tho i cant prove it. im an xbox player so i dont have that many probs with it but i understand cuz ive been waitin for fable for forever. but just remember as long as the game comes out then we should all be happy

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

"why can they not finish it the same date as xbox? do they have less people workin on the pc version?"

Well, for one thing, they got the code for X-box KotOR before the code for PC, so they could start working on the X-box KotOR II earlier.

Of course, there's no guarantees that just because both versions are ready at the same time they get released the same time. Why is that? Mystary!

edit:

People, if you're so worried about getting spoiled by the X-boxers, don't come here before you get KotOR yourself. That's not such a big loss, is it?

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

I think that february release will make PC version better and 2 additional months of waiting is nothing so in the longshot xboxers will be tricked. Better to get PC version with additional content later than to get PC version in december bugged and without any extras.

But I support your petition anyway. Why? Simply becouse LA CEOs will not change their business plans (and release date linked with these plans) but they will FOR SURE throw us big number of EXTRAS to appease PC gaming community

Servant of Eru: LA has better lawyers than you and if you even win you may damage the company that supply us with games so calm down.

Again I think that xboxer fools should get their crappy version in december and

PC nobility in August 2005 with new planets, NPCs and quests. Waiting is always profitable and "patience you must all have".

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm supporting Master_Sean over here as well as LA. If we don't agree with something, we need to speak up.

I am a moderator for the fan site www.kotorfanfic.com. There we have a very loyal following of fans for Kotor, obviously, if we would take the time to write stories and do art associated with the original game. I would say the majority of our gamers are affected by this announcement, because they either play the PC version, or are international. We have an active community of 360 people, which may not seem like much, but these people represent hard-core Star Wars and Kotor fans.

The feeling people there are talking about is "betrayal" and broken promises. Kotor II was consistently promoted as having a simultaneous release. Now the people who have been waiting patiently feel cheated because of the broken promise. It's not as much the fact that some people will get it first. But PC gamers and international Xbox users will sit while American Xbox users play the game. It is a constant thing that international users get shorted with many games, while companies like EA manage to do simultaneous release. It's not a matter of flaming one company, it's the mindset in general.

We can all see what happened. Because K2: TSL can come out on Xbox in the US before Christmas and the lucrative holiday season, then the incentive is to do that. However, the price comes at alienating a segment of the fan base. I have seen people already threaten piracy (NOTE: I also don't approve, it's just what some others have said).

I hope someone here at Obsidian can at least comment on this event. Since it has been a consistent promotion, I think my international and PC gaming friends at kotorfanfic, and otherwise, deserve an explanation.

Sincerely,

JediQB

www.kotorfanfic.com

Somehow, i doubt this petition will work. The release dates hav been chosen, just accept it. I hav (ater i vented my rage) (i am still angry about LA lying about release dates) and no amount of petitions will change those dates.

I am sure, that despite still being angry, many hav now accepted the release dates, but are still showing there anger at LA lies.

We are mere commoners, the almighty Darth Lucas and his Master, Emperor Bill Gates, will not be swayed by a bunch of petitions.