Closing the Lightsaber

I only have one quick suggestion that I truly hope will be taken into consideration: It was ALWAYS annoying to me in KOTOR when you would finish a battle and your party members would close their lightsabers and yours had to remain open for several seconds before your character closed it. You could open it by pressing a button, so it seems equally fesable that there should be a button you could push that would close it. I would really like to see this implmented into this game.

Of course, the obvious downside would be accidently hitting that button during combat and subsequently having a limb chopped off by your opposing foe. Thus, perhaps closing your saber could be accomplished by pressing two buttons simultaneously or something else, just so that you don't close it by accident but still have the ability to close it when you are willing to do so. No matter what, I hope the devs are able to find a solution to this... as it seems relatively simple in nature.

P.S. I also REALLY like the idea of holstering your lightsaber, as mentioned in other threads.... but hey... we have to pick and choose our battles :blink:

It should be like in Jedi Outcast where you can ignite your weapon whenever you wish.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Even in Jedi Outcast though (to my knowledge) the only way to close your saber would be to switch weapons. I know you could ignite your sabre in KOTOR by pressing (I believe) "Y" on the xbox console, similar to pressing "1" in JK2:JO. I have yet to see a way to close it though by command.

I only have one quick suggestion that I truly hope will be taken into consideration: It was ALWAYS annoying to me in KOTOR when you would finish a battle and your party members would close their lightsabers and yours had to remain open for several seconds before your character closed it. You could open it by pressing a button, so it seems equally fesable that there should be a button you could push that would close it. I would really like to see this implmented into this game.

Of course, the obvious downside would be accidently hitting that button during combat and subsequently having a limb chopped off by your opposing foe. Thus, perhaps closing your saber could be accomplished by pressing two buttons simultaneously or something else, just so that you don't close it by accident but still have the ability to close it when you are willing to do so. No matter what, I hope the devs are able to find a solution to this... as it seems relatively simple in nature.

P.S. I also REALLY like the idea of holstering your lightsaber, as mentioned in other threads.... but hey... we have to pick and choose our battles :unsure:

well they might be able to do this for pc(because of the key bored vs. controller)becuase on xbox you hav a minium amount of buttens to asgain

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Where's Raven when you need him?

Let's not make this too complicated. How about if there are no enemies nearby after combat stops, your lightsaber closes up after about 1 second. Any enemies coming within a certain range would trigger your character igniting the lightsaber; once all enemies within that range were dispatched, the lightsaber would close down.

I don't think it's gonna happen, though...

even still... I liked in Ep1 when OB1 was kickin some droid ass early in the movie, and as he was finishing the last one he spun his lightsabre around, closed it, and holstered it in one quick, fluid motion. I thought that was awesome, and figured it would be cool to incorporate that somehow into this game. It would add to the fight sequence (particularly the end of it... giving it a nice feel), not to mention making your character look like a bad ass. Plus, it would make you feel like you really had control over your lightsaber during game play, vs. just letting the cpu decide when it was time to holster it.

Besides, would any of you really prefer to really let the game decide when it was time to put your toys away vs. giving you full control over it? The realism it would add, at least in my mind, is enough to justify what is most likely a very simple modification. "Of course, thats just my opinion.... I could be wrong."

ok, here i am yet again, having to explain my views....

thats yet another useless feature. ok, i got jedi outcast and jedi academy. you have the option to put your saber away. people sue it as a 'Saber down = peace' rule. well, i ignore it, and i get loads of kills on those who refuse to play. i mean, the game says 'Free For All' not 'Grandma's Hearts Chat and Competition'.

whats the point of putting your saber away as soon as combat ends? say your fighting a group of 3 dark jedi. you slay them, and your low on health. your two party members put their sabers away, so do you. then, you manage to walk around the corner 3 second after you won, and you get slaughtered because you had to put away your weapon for no reason except suicide.

so there ya go. :p

I'd always marked you down as a lamer. There are FFA servers with no rules, I've seen them. Don't disrupt other's fun.

On a Kotor 2 note, extra draw/holster animations would be cool, possibly on a per-style basis or when you get more powerful, as with standard lightsaber combat.

I'd always marked you down as a lamer. There are FFA servers with no rules, I've seen them. Don't disrupt other's fun.

On a Kotor 2 note, extra draw/holster animations would be cool, possibly on a per-style basis or when you get more powerful, as with standard lightsaber combat.

ya, what kind of retard find fun in talking on a video game? your suppose to play, not sit there.

anyway, holstering a weapon would just be a waste. they should keep kotor the same way it was(you know dont start adding useless features like taunts, holstering, a 'kneel' button)