Sith names

In my opinion, thats still not a name, thats a title/ideal. "The Revanchist Leader"... sounds like a title to me. Of course you can't put a name to Revan or Exile that is CANON because each individual is supposed to name their character... but still becoming Sith Lord and adding a Darth to the front of your name would be awesome. (I personally have NEVER taken a DS path in either game though, I feel too guilty :(.)

It's a historically applied name to an individual of historic significance. Again, like Lenin. But of course, the assumption is that it is not the character's given name.

As for putting "Darth" in front of one's own name being cool, I guess I'll just have to disagree. I've always considered it incredibly uncool that Revan and Malak apparently did that. Vader is so much cooler than Anakin Skywalker, Sidious than Palpatine, Lumiya than Shira Brie, etc. Well, maybe not Tyranus instead of Dooku - those I'd consider about as good. So I like JJM's solution, because it allows Revan to remain Revan without having chosen about the most uncool sith name is Star Wars history.

And no, Kreia's real name is neither Darth Traya or Betrayal. But neither is it Kreia... :p

coughArrenKaecough

Now, I certainly never said that... :)

Edited by Jediphile

In my opinion, thats still not a name, thats a title/ideal. "The Revanchist Leader"... sounds like a title to me. Of course you can't put a name to Revan or Exile that is CANON because each individual is supposed to name their character... but still becoming Sith Lord and adding a Darth to the front of your name would be awesome. (I personally have NEVER taken a DS path in either game though, I feel too guilty :(.)

It's a historically applied name to an individual of historic significance. Again, like Lenin. But of course, the assumption is that it is not the character's given name.

As for putting "Darth" in front of one's own name being cool, I guess I'll just have to disagree. I've always considered it incredibly uncool that Revan and Malak apparently did that. Vader is so much cooler than Anakin Skywalker, Sidious than Palpatine, Lumiya than Shira Brie, etc. Well, maybe not Tyranus instead of Dooku - those I'd consider about as good. So I like JJM's solution, because it allows Revan to remain Revan without having chosen about the most uncool sith name is Star Wars history.

And no, Kreia's real name is neither Darth Traya or Betrayal. But neither is it Kreia... :p

coughArrenKaecough

Now, I certainly never said that... :)

This is just a simple matter of opinion then. I personally like Darth in front of Sith lords names.

This is just a simple matter of opinion then. I personally like Darth in front of Sith lords names.

I didn't mean that I dislike using the darth title, but simply that I didn't like that Revan and Malak initially seemed not to have thought of cool sith names for themselves. Darth Vader instead of Anakin Skywalker or Darth Sidious instead of Palpatine (if that is his real name - I have no idea) are good, but the jedi Revan becoming Darth Revan or the jedi Malak becoming Darth Malak is disappointing, because it says something about the sith that they took new names that signaled a fundamental change in their beliefs. That Revan and Malak couldn't think of new names was disappointing. But luckily that was not the case, it seems. Certainly we know that Darth Malak's "real" name was Alek.

But yes, it's a simple matter of opinion either way.

And no, Kreia's real name is neither Darth Traya or Betrayal. But neither is it Kreia... :thumbsup:

coughArrenKaecough

Now, I certainly never said that... :shifty:

Now that was exactly what I was thinking of. That list of pics from the game packs a far greater punch than anything you could do in words, by writing it out as a theory.

Hey, you're not implying you're Scorchy, are you? ;)

Edited by Markus Ramikin