Play on after game

Well, every console CRPG that I have played have been pretty damn linear and easy. Final Fantasy 7,8, and 10 have been pretty damn linear and absolutely no challenge. Including the hidden bosses that youwant to put into KotOR2. Breath of Fire 3 was pretty damn easy as well as the Lunar series, Wild Arms, and every Zelda game I played was a freaking snorefest with how difficult those games were.

You must have been messing up in final fantasy games because the ultimate bosses were not easy and required much preparation. Have you beaten penance, omega, nemesis, ruby, and emerald? Either you have been messing up or I am even worse at playing and stupider than I thought (don't rush to agree, it's a strange joke)

Yes, I have defeated the Omega, Nemesis, Ruby, and Emerald. Don't remember if I defeated or came across Penance. I found that each one has a specific sequence of attacks that it is weak against. Keep up the sequence and the characters alive you will win quite handedly.

It has been a very long time that I have played any of the FF games. Sold them all when I got rid of my PS2. Couldn't find a CRPG on it that was fun and challenging.

Linear games should be Action, FPS and Puzzlers only :p

RPGs should be open ended... like Fallout :)

RPGs shouldn't be anything. If the company can make it work one way, they should use that. Just, many of the RPGs you prefer are open-ended. I think Final Fantasy (pretty linear) is a good game, and many people would agree with me. Any style can be made into a good game as long as the developers do their job well.

i wonder why they took out the GD?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well, it hasn't been done yet.

I mean from KOTOR(why did they take out the Galaxy Druid

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Actually, thinking about it I can't think of any attempts to make a linear computer rpg. Good ones have been made on consoles, but I don't think anyone has even tried on the computer, at least that anyone remembers.

ICE WIND DALE ;)

MY FIRST RPG :D !!!!!!!!!

I was refering to ShinIchiro's post. What the hell are you talking about? What Galaxy Druid?

Fansite

Galaxy Droid

1. Platform: Xbox

2. Planet or Area: This glitch occurs after the Leviathan most of the time, although players have reported otherwise.

3. Location: n/a

4. Description: After playing through the game numerous times, I have run across this little glitch/debug mode(?) a couple of times. After multiple times of testing, and from the help of other players, I have basically determined the cause of the glitch, and a lot of information about it. I will list the effects of the galaxy droid, as well as ways for causing him to appear.

Causing the glitch:

There are multiple things reported to have caused the glitch, the most frequent reports will be posted here. By using these steps I have managed to cause the glitch to happen numerous times:

a. Do not have Jolee in your party by the Leviathan.

b. Pick Dantooine as your planet to travel to before being captured by the Leviathan.

c. Have a damaged save game.

You should save the game directly after you finish the fight with Malak, just incase you somehow pass the loading after the gunfight. Just by having these, after the gun fight on the Leviathan, your screen will turn black, but you will hear the sound of on board Ebon Hawk. After this occurs this is what you should do to enable the glitch:

a. Wait approximately 5 minutes while the black screen is active.

b. Use the directional pad, and move it left and right until you hear the sound you hear when your choosing through attacks.

c. Press the start button and save the game in a new slot.

d. Load the game, you will now find yourself in the conversation where they talk about you being Revan, after this you will find the Galaxy Droid in the area where you choose your planet destination.

Effects:

When you talk to the Galaxy Droid, he allows you to visit any of the planets and major places in the game. Some examples of interest are the Endar Spire, Taris, or Dantooine (all destroyed). This allows you to visit these areas with all of your equipment allowing for fun, yet glitchy replay value. The glitchy part is the triggers of the game seem to refresh themselves...like the woman on Dantooine who asks you about your jedi robes will repeatedly ask you the question as long as you are close to her. Overall I find it pretty fun to go to various areas of the game basically dominating things as a Jedi.

5. Workaround: Its pretty simple, just make sure you don't do any of the things that cause it which were listed above.

I was refering to ShinIchiro's post. What the hell are you talking about? What Galaxy Druid?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/s...workarounds.php

Galaxy Droid

2. Planet or Area: This glitch occurs after the Leviathan most of the time, although players have reported otherwise.

4. Description: After playing through the game numerous times, I have run across this little glitch/debug mode(?) a couple of times. After multiple times of testing, and from the help of other players, I have basically determined the cause of the glitch, and a lot of information about it. I will list the effects of the galaxy droid, as well as ways for causing him to appear.

Causing the glitch:

There are multiple things reported to have caused the glitch, the most frequent reports will be posted here. By using these steps I have managed to cause the glitch to happen numerous times:

b. Pick Dantooine as your planet to travel to before being captured by the Leviathan.

You should save the game directly after you finish the fight with Malak, just incase you somehow pass the loading after the gunfight. Just by having these, after the gun fight on the Leviathan, your screen will turn black, but you will hear the sound of on board Ebon Hawk. After this occurs this is what you should do to enable the glitch:

b. Use the directional pad, and move it left and right until you hear the sound you hear when your choosing through attacks.

d. Load the game, you will now find yourself in the conversation where they talk about you being Revan, after this you will find the Galaxy Droid in the area where you choose your planet destination.

Effects:

When you talk to the Galaxy Droid, he allows you to visit any of the planets and major places in the game. Some examples of interest are the Endar Spire, Taris, or Dantooine (all destroyed). This allows you to visit these areas with all of your equipment allowing for fun, yet glitchy replay value. The glitchy part is the triggers of the game seem to refresh themselves...like the woman on Dantooine who asks you about your jedi robes will repeatedly ask you the question as long as you are close to her. Overall I find it pretty fun to go to various areas of the game basically dominating things as a Jedi.

5. Workaround: Its pretty simple, just make sure you don't do any of the things that cause it which were listed above.

Was that 100% linear?

well there is one side quest that you hav to go back later in the game to complete

well it was 1 of my favrites along with KOTOR maybe because those r the only RPGs i played or maybe not

Play on after game? :lol:

There are few games I know that have such feature, the Privateer series/Freelancer/X-beyond the frontier series. I think ALL of them are not successful in this. Although the above games are all space shooters, they all have role-playing features. If you want people to keep playing the game after the main story ended, you got to make the quests interesting. The Privateer series were better, the first game has a random mission generator which makes people getting bored few days later; the second game has a mission pool which contains various well designed missions with funny story or puzzles, however, poeple still got bored since the missions started to repeat again and again. (They can not create infinite missions for the pool.)

I don't know if the Obsidian guys can make a powerful random mission generator which can create hundreds of different missions with good story. Actually, I don't expect that! That is just a dream back to the time the OSI did not merge into EA.

So I prefer the Obsidian guys focus on polishing the game rather than waste their time in this.

If the KotOR2 won't do it the way I said, then the game must have LOTS of side quests. Now, what do we want to play it for? To reach the level cap? To get powerful equiptment? I think after we beat the main story-line, our PC should already reach the level cap or at least 2~3 levels away, plus we already got lots of powerful equiptmets. I don't see the point why should we keep playing the game.

I was refering to ShinIchiro's post.  What the hell are you talking about?  What Galaxy Druid?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/s...workarounds.php

Galaxy Droid

Causing the glitch:

Effects:

DOUBLE POST OF DOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOM!!!

Anyway, since the Galaxy Droid is thought to be a sort of debug mode for the Billy Gates Box version, I would assume that it isn't in the PC version because it has the Debug Codes via the in-game 'console'. You can do everything the Galaxy Droid can do with warp codes, and much much more considering you can get weapons that aren't usually available in game, even one that NO ONE uses in game that I know of, that is as powerful as a maxxed out Saber-Staff (Massassi Battle Staff). Even better, non jedi can use this weapon since it falls under the same category as the quarterstaff on Taris. :lol:

As far as I am concerned the casuapl gamer should stick to being console monkeys. I am a hardcore computer role playing gamer and I would like to see some new hardcore CRPGs get released. So far the last good Hardcore CRPG released was Arcanum and that was years ago.

If games didn't appeal to the casual gamer, then all PC games would be niche games, so publishers wouldn't approve development of them anyways.

If games didn't appeal to the casual gamer, then all PC games would be niche games, so publishers wouldn't approve development of them anyways.

All games are a niche games.

I dont play driving sims because I dont like then, same with sport sims ... people always will prefere a type of game and not like others.

The "casual gammer" is a idiotic industry myth, "it" does not exist.

drakron.png

The casual gamer is not a myth. They don't read gaming mags, or review web sites. They go down to Best Buy and grab what jumps out at them from time to time. They operate largely off word-of-mouth.

And hardcore CRPGs cost boatloads of money, and haven't sold well over the past few years. If people bought more CRPGs and supported the industry more, you'd see more. Instead we see a lot of piracy, and people refusing to buy certain games. And you wonder why few CRPGs are in development.