Play on after game

i hated how you couldn't level up past 20 and i hated how the game just ended(KOTOR) i think there should be something like the galaxy druid in the game

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yah I think there should be more (and longer+harder) optional sidequests. There should also be extremely hard optional bosses. These would require much preparation and could triple the game's length and increase replay value.

There should've been a feature in the original that allowed you to continue playing after defeating Malak. Just to travel to the different planets afterwards and hear the reactions from people you've encountered earlier in the game.

Dark Side: People bow down and worship you.

Light Side: People thank you and treat you like a celebrity.

They should've included this 'vanity' factor.

Um, no. The ending could have been better, but not that type of ending.

I would have been happy with one where they explained what happened on each of the planents after the end of the game.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

When the game ends the game ends. What should be possible is the ability to retrace your steps right before the final boss and do everything (Final Fantasy-esque). That would work well with the harder sidequests and optional (but insanely hard) bosses I've been calling for. In FFX, working up to beat Nemesis is an extrordinary task. Same for the FFX International Boss (I always forget his name) who like 10 people in the world have beaten (I exagerate a little).

Yah I think there should be more (and longer+harder) optional sidequests. There should also be extremely hard optional bosses. These would require much preparation and could triple the game's length and increase replay value.

For godsakes, its not Final Fantasy but based on d20 System Star Wars, a real role playing game. :rolleyes:

There should've been a feature in the original that allowed you to continue playing after defeating Malak. Just to travel to the different planets afterwards and hear the reactions from people you've encountered earlier in the game.

Dark Side: People bow down and worship you.

Light Side: People thank you and treat you like a celebrity.

They should've included this 'vanity' factor.

Plausible in Fallout 2....but in a game with voice-overs? No way in hell.

I kinda miss the old days when every line of text didn't have to be spoken, even if in Alien gibberish....

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Yah I think there should be more (and longer+harder) optional sidequests.  There should also be extremely hard optional bosses.  These would require much preparation and could triple the game's length and increase replay value.

For godsakes, its not Final Fantasy but based on d20 System Star Wars, a real role playing game. :rolleyes:

:D

Its bad enough that they are butchering the rules even worse than Bioware that freakmonkeys want Final Fantasy bulls*** in the game. I just wished people like that go off and play FFX-2 at let CRPGs be real CRPGs instead of anime wannabe s***.

Are you saying that because its a "real" rpg it can't utilize an excellent idea? This wouldn't even require butchering the d20 rules. Where's wiggin when you need him to say something insightful, even if it's against you...or anything at all. I haven't seen him on the forums recently. We had a sorta similar discussion about Kingdom Hearts and how aspects could be incorporated into KOTOR. Or at least similar ideas used.

KotOR2 has already branching out in areas not a real CRPG. First off it is based on a rules system that already exists. A proper CRPG would be as close to this rules system as possible. Bioware already butchered it once with limiting character creation and totally revamping the force, wound/vitality, and combat system Now we have Obsidian raping it again with further character creation limitations, boosting max level to 30, and making the force powers even stronger than they should be.

All this crap has butchered the rules of the game. Hell if Bioware didn't want to use the blasted rules as is why the hell use them in the first place. Why the hell is Obsidian continuing the stupidity with making the game and the Jedi even more munchkiny.

A real CRPG is Fallout. KotOR 2 is not so I guess it really wouldn't matter if you add elements of Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. It couldn't ruin it any more than it already has beem.

Side quests detract from the game, FF X-2 is crap because the story quests are made insignificant due to the large part of the game content being side quests, it simply gone too far with side quests and mini games.

Sure FF X-2 have a nice combat system but its largely made irrelevent by the ease of combat and complete lack of tactical aspect.

drakron.png

I would not say that, FF VIII given me problems and had to cheat to beat the game since I could not pass a certain area.

However its true that games are becaming easier each day that passes, however Gothic 2 and Farcry were not easy for me.

I dont blame consoles for what is happening, I blame the desire to appeal to the "casual gamer" that makes things to easy and/or stupid.

drakron.png

As far as I am concerned the casuapl gamer should stick to being console monkeys. I am a hardcore computer role playing gamer and I would like to see some new hardcore CRPGs get released. So far the last good Hardcore CRPG released was Arcanum and that was years ago.

Well you have casual gamers everywere, in fact we could say consoles were affected by casual gamers due to the XBox vs PS2 price wars that made then afordable, most people would rather spend more money in a PC that buy a (then) expensive home entertaiment system.

It was the PC that started the whole "casual gamer" syndrome in the industry.

drakron.png

You claim Pc RPG games are the best and should stick to what they have been doing, yet somehow PC RPG games have become less popular and more difficult to find support for than their console counterparts. KOTOR is one of the computer rpgs that is putting the PC back into the rpg market. As much as I dislike it, many good games are being released only on console, as the developers and producers probably feel it would not do well on PC. This leaves only dedicated RPGers playing the CRPG games. If only these people buy the game, it is less likely to succeed. Taking a leaf out of the more popular and successful console rpg games might not be a bad idea.

Making easy and linear CRPGs is just a waste of code for the PC and a waste of time playing it.

Wow. I hate to admit it but I agree with you about this. KOTOR should be harder (not neccessarily by pumping up combat). However, when did I ever say anything about making it easy or linear?