What type of Star Wars fan are you?

What type of Star Wars fan are you?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Star Wars fan are you?

• Believes that Star Wars is real
    • Star Wars obsessed (only thinks about Star Wars)
    • Star Wars nut
    • Recovering Star Wars nut
    • Star Wars enthusiast
    • Star Wars dabbler
    • Just a movie watcher
    • Star Wars? What's that?

I'm a huge fan of the Oringinal Trilogy. I havent read any of the books but i have spent some time reading about stuff in the databank at starwars.com

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest Michael Chu

I'm a big fan of Star Wars. In addition to the movies (of course), I've read almost all of the Expanded Universe novels, a good chunk of the comics and am currently working on the young adult books. I kinda like this KotOR game, too.

And, um, I did most of that for fun. :huh:

Star Wars dabbler in that I love the OT, don't necessarily hate the prequels, though they leave alot to be desired. I've never read any of the novels and haven't owned a Star Wars comic since the Return of the Jedi adaptations in 1983. I LOVE the Old Republic era though. Something about it feels so Classic and gritty.

Recovering Star Wars Nut. Used to read the books alot way back in high school. Now, not so much.

That's pretty much how it was for me....except I read them in gradeschool, then progressed to more mature themed books as I got older....does this make me weird. :unsure:

I am definitely a Star Wars enthusiast I have watched the origional trilogy countless times and have read some of the books and comics. The reason I don't consider myself a Star Wars nut is I have never dressed up as a Star Wars character, I don't collect the toys, and I have never gone to a Star Wars convention or debated Star Wars lore at Bennigans.

Cheers!

I should probably go and watch the movies at least, huh? I did see some of the old ones, don't remember which.. must have been 10 years ago or something.

I'm here because of the Obsidian crew, not because of Star Wars.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I guess I am a bit of a nut - saw the first film when I was 7 in the cinema and have been ever since.

I collect all the bad-guys as far as figures/vehicles go, so have tons of stormtroopers, bounty-hunters, Sith-Lords etc but not an ewok or Luke in sight.

Haven't read too much of the EU stuff but have been getting into the Empire series of comics.

- Love the OT, even (for all its faults) Return of the Jedi. Alongside Raiders of the Lost Ark, the best kind of popcorn cinema and the ideal to which other, similiar films should strive.

- Never got into the EU. I read the first of the Admiral Thrawn novels years and years ago, but never went any farther. Other than that, have read no Star Wars novels or anything.

- Own numerous sourcebooks for the old PNP Star Wars game (that is, the one prior to D20.) From what I've seen of D20, the old game did a better job, but I own only one D20 sourcebook (The Dark Side Sourcebook, bought when I was in a real Star Wars mood following the end of KOTOR.)

- The Prequels = incredibly disappointing. I'd rather have an enema with battery acid than watch those Episode II 'love' scenes again. Both of them are monuments to hubris, and the ego of a man who doesn't realize he can't write a script to save his life.

- Favorite Star Wars game prior to KOTOR: TIE Fighter. I've never been able to play a Star Wars game since without making unfortunate comparisons about how the 'bad guys' are portrayed; TIE Fighter made a solid, interesting case for the Empire over the Rebellion, and I ate it up.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I've considered picking up the Prequel timeframe novels.

I wouldn't mind adding them to my collection but I'll wait till the Ep3 book is out.

I hadn't really kept up on the novels in while,noticed the other day how many books are out there that take place either before ep1 or during the time frame of ep1-ep3.

Del Rey seems less picky in choosing authors, and keeping the storyline coherent and consistent. And the Episode 1 novelization by Brooks was pretty good despite Episode 1 being a bad movie.

Maybe the Prequel books are better.