Increase Avatar Size...

Nuke

I think it would a great idea to increase the pixel size on avatars to 100x100.

Being a veteran of many different messageboards over the years, I can say without a doubt that doing something like this is definitely worth the extra space it takes up, which is minimal anyways, since we are talking about an extra 1-2kb's per avatar.

There seems to be a lot of extra empty space in our name field area on the left handside, so clutter wouldnt come into play either....

What say you?

Is it really necessary ? :p

Not that I'm against bigger avatars, I just never felt a need for it. I sort of like the "uncluttered" look and feel of these boards (except the NWN section, which is awful).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe my opinion doesn't count, since I'm a lurker, but I'd _really_ appreciate not having any extra clutter or idiotic flashiness. There's absolutely no gain to having bigger avatars.

Heck, I'd go so far as to advocate removal of pictures embedded in posts. I hate hate hate hate hate those banners that people use as sigs - especially if they post numerous times to the same thread. Why is that necessary? It just looks stupid and takes up display space and bandwidth.

Heck, I'd go so far as to advocate removal of pictures embedded in posts.  I hate hate hate hate hate those banners that people use as sigs - especially if they post numerous times to the same thread.  Why is that necessary?  It just looks stupid and takes up display space and bandwidth.

You can disable signatures in your Controls section, so you don't have to see anyone's signature.

Though I do agree that image sizes for signatures should be smaller.

newlogo.gif

• 4 weeks later...