you want the game in dvd or in cds?

Guest Loader

you want the game in dvd or in cds?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. you want the game in dvd or in cds?

• dvd
    • cds

Guest Loader

DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD!

:D

Based on 60 votes!?! Not sure those stats are very accurate. Remember that they sold millions of copies around the world.

Just because I want it to come out on DVD doesn't mean I wont buy it if it only comes out on CDs. You're right though, those stats are probably fairly inacurate considering the small and most likely biased sample.

52 - 17

That means you would set aside 1/3 of the potential customers. <_<

That 1/3 of potential customers would soon accept DVD if they had no other choice.

Is the majority always going to be held hostage by a small minority?

I like the theory that the switch will be made gradually to DVD when most games take up 4 or 5 cds. You don't need a dvd for a one or two cd game. I think we're close to that point.

That Tetris game is sure gonna have some pretty big textures.

It's not about my $$$ it's about LA's $$$. I don't have anything against DVDs. Just read my post. They will do so if the market is ready but they won't if it's not...

I'll be happy if it'S released on both versions but I don't feel it's a necessity (DVDs are just slightly more confortable to install: you have to extend your arm only once to place a sinlge DVD in the DVD drive instead of extending it 4 or 5 times to change four or five CDs. If you want medical advise, then I'll tell you that the risk of developping a tendinitis is definitely reduced with DVDs...)

However, NWN nights was on several CD's. Wizardy was on several CD's. Dungeon Siege was on several CD's.

When floppies were the thing, developers only put as much content in the game as they could cram on a number of floppies. Content was actual minimized due to media storage. Eventually, that wasn't an issue with CD-ROMs.

And now we're getting to the point where only so much content can fit on two CD's. By jumping to DVD-ROM's, you can fit considerably more on one or two discs. It opens up much more growth potential.

I pitty a person without a dvd drive in their comp. After all, Dvd-r drives have been standard in even the crappiest computers (e-machiene anyone?) for atleast six months, probably more. Thus if you dont have a dvd-r in your computer you probably wont have the minimum system specs for KOTOR 2 anyway.

When floppies were the thing, developers only put as much content in the game as they could cram on a number of floppies. Content was actual minimized due to media storage. Eventually, that wasn't an issue with CD-ROMs.

I remember buying Star Wars Chess on floppys. It was like 10 to 13 discs!

Thank God those days are over...