you want the game in dvd or in cds?

Guest Loader

you want the game in dvd or in cds?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. you want the game in dvd or in cds?

• dvd
    • cds

DVD, saves storage space. That and CDs are just not cool anymore. Xbox and PS2 games come on DVD why do we have to be lame on the PC...did KotOR take multiple discs for the xbox? ( I don't know..so I ask)

The reason why CDs are still used is because so many people still have them. With pcs you arn't forced into one hardware configuration, which is both a blessing and a curse. The publisher also wants to reach the most people it possibly can with the game (increased sales) and people with CD and/or DVD drives can play the CD version. While I'd like for them to release a DVD version for the pc, they'll only do it if they think there's money in it for them.

The reason why CDs are still used is because so many people still have them. With pcs you arn't forced into one hardware configuration, which is both a blessing and a curse. The publisher also wants to reach the most people it possibly can with the game (increased sales) and people with CD and/or DVD drives can play the CD version. While I'd like for them to release a DVD version for the pc, they'll only do it if they think there's money in it for them.

None of the obsolete bastards who still have a 16x CD-ROM in their PC are gonna change up though until SOMEONE decides to release all the games in DVD format. Someone has to take the leap sooner or later. :unsure:

If KotOR2 comes out on DVD I would buy it just to support the format.

Please don't.

Buy a hundred copies of MGS2 and go bitch on their board.

I'm going to bitch on this forum anyway, I might as well make sure it will be around by buying Obsidian games.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have a DVD version available, even a limited release! I'd preorder mine to secure it straight away and protect it from the filthy unwashed masses :)

IIRC popular demand for the DVD(initially only in the "Special Ed") version of UT2K4 caused them to make some more. Far Cry DVD I think has outsold the CD version where I usually shop down here in New Zealand anyway..

DVD, saves storage space. That and CDs are just not cool anymore. Xbox and PS2 games come on DVD why do we have to be lame on the PC...did KotOR take multiple discs for the xbox? ( I don't know..so I ask)

It came on one DVD.

Good points for every 1. DvD should be the winner here. Some one needs to contact a Dev., and get him in here to ask his opinion. :huh:)

All the distribution/packaging is probably up to LucasArts. So if you all want it out on DVD it's probably best to contact them about it.