Shouldn't people stop overeacting?

Are people overreacting?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are people overreacting?

• Yes, people need to stop throwing tantrums over a game
    • NO! We should start a Crusade against LEC for this sacriledge!!
    • What do you expect from a bunch of immature teens?
    • I am BOYCOTTING LEC for this!
    • I am an X-Box player
    • Huh? Wha...? Uhhh.........

how long are they delaying the release of the game

forgive me for such a simple question

umm two months... over the XBox release date anyway ;)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

You know what's funny? LucasArts is so wishy washy that they didn't even state a release date. Last time I checked, December 2004 has 31 possible dates.

I would laugh so hard at all the XBox people laughing at us if the game isn't released til AFTER Christmas.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You know what's funny?  LucasArts is so wishy washy that they didn't even state a release date.  Last time I checked, December 2004 has 31 possible dates.

I would laugh so hard at all the XBox people laughing at us if the game isn't released til AFTER Christmas.

very true ;)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

so what is the problem the pc game is on schedule

people are mad because the offical release date for the XBox is two months before the offical release date of the PC they think they should be released at the same time, thats all.

AscendedPaladin.png

i think im still missing something important here

the pc game is on schedule

and because it is people are upset

Actually, the reason is because in every single magazine preview, interview, press release, LucasArts insisted that it'd be a simultaneous release.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i think im still missing something important here

the pc game is on schedule

and because it is people are upset

more or less your correct, what people are really mad about isn't the fact that the PC version is coming out in FEB but rather to the fact that they have been told since the start of development that the two games were going to be released at the same time weather it was going to be feb 2005 or dec 2004 was up in the air, now they have found out that the Xbox version is going to be out in dec and the PC version is still going to be out in feb. So mainly they are mad about being lied to or at the very least decived in to beliving that the two versions were being given the same attention during development.

AscendedPaladin.png

i still dont get it

i have a pc

a windows pc

i dont care when it is released on the xbox

i dont care when it is released on the mac

hell i dont care when it is released on the moon

they told me feb

now if feb gets here and no game then i get upset

but in the meantime the game i was promised is coming out when promised i still dont see the problem

So mainly they are mad about being lied to or at the very least decived in to beliving that the two versions were being given the same attention during development.

does anyone have proof that they arent getting the same attention during development

the fact that, miraculously, the XBox version just happened to be ready for December release, yet the PC version isn't?

So mainly they are mad about being lied to or at the very least decived in to beliving that the two versions were being given the same attention during development.

does anyone have proof that they arent getting the same attention during development

the fact that, miraculously, the XBox version just happened to be ready for December release, yet the PC version isn't?

how is that proof

if it takes longer to program and test the game on one platform then the other equal time spent on each and one will be finished prior to the other

equal time would be the same attention

PC versions require much, much more testing than a single platform, single unit version.

The fact is they are able to release the XBox version before the PC version.

As a previous poster stated, the PC version is still on schedule, the XBox version is ahead of schedule.

Subject closed.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

i still dont get it

i have a pc

a windows pc

i dont care when it is released on the xbox

i dont care when it is released on the mac

hell i dont care when it is released on the moon

they told me feb

now if feb gets here and no game then i get upset

but in the meantime the game i was promised is coming out when promised i still dont see the problem

well then I guess the only thing I can say is don't worry why people are mad and move onto other threads where people are still talking about the game aspects rather than the release dates. Because if being told one thing then finding out you had been misslead in to beliving the wrong thing doesn't get you atleast a little upset then I can't think of any other way to explain why. I don't mean to offend you with this statement its just I really can't think of any other way to convey why the others on this site are upset with LA and whoever else is involved with the held back release of the PC version.

AscendedPaladin.png