choose your academy

in kotor2, will we be able to pick the academy we go to?

cause it was stupid for the people who wanted to be sith go to the jedi academy and fight the sith instead of the republic

it was stupid to want to be a jedi and then go to the sith academy.

it should be, if your a jedi, you go to the jedi academy, you fight the sith

it should be, if yuor a sith, you go to the sith academy, you fight the republic

just a thought...

I think going to the Jedi Academy was a necessity of the storyline.

But I do think that if you chose to be DS, then while on Korriban the other students should have reacted different to you. The problem I had with Korriban is that regardless of whether you remained a Jedi or went Dark side, all the remaining students wanted to fight you.

It would have been cool if the dark jedi in the game acted differently towards you if you decided to reclaim your mantle of dark lord. maybe not necessarily join your party, but something like a dialogue tree where they pledge their allegiance and let you pass by without fighting them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

in kotor2, will we be able to pick the academy we go to?

cause it was stupid for the people who wanted to be sith go to the jedi academy and fight the sith instead of the republic

it was stupid to want to be a jedi and then go to the sith academy.

it should be, if your a jedi, you go to the jedi academy, you fight the sith

it should be, if yuor a sith, you go to the sith academy, you fight the republic

just a thought...

It wasnt stupid because the story demanded it be so. KOTOR 2 has a different story. However we already know the Sith are hunting you down to kill you because they believe (for some reason) you are the only one that can stop them. Therefore I highly doubt the Sith will train you. Itd be ridiculous. Even if you prove yourself fully committed to the dark side your strength will still worry the Sith Lords and want you dead before you can assume their mantle. As any true Sith would try to do. The fact is you are NOT these Sith. Maybe you can find a Sith holocron and be Sith but the current regime is not going to be willing to help you at all. Meaning you will have to and want to take them out whether you are dark or light.

This suggestion is plausible to do without making two separate storylines - you go to the same places, to attack or defend or sabotage or steal, depending on what side you are.

I wouldn't mind that as an idea, it would add a big plus to the replayability of the game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Has it even been established the PC will go to any academy in KOTOR 2? From what I heard Kreia finds you very early on in the game and you have a strong bond with her. Besides, hasn't the academy been destroyed? and even the Sith academy was either in chaos (if you killed everyone) or in flux (if you did the doublecross with either Uthar or Yathura). It wouldn't make much since to go there unless the storyline requires it. i.e. you're going there for something specific. plus, I really don't think the devs would want to do the whole academy thing because it's already been done in the first game. i could be wrong, though.

Has it even been established the PC will go to any academy in KOTOR 2? From what I heard Kreia finds you very early on in the game and you have a strong bond with her. Besides, hasn't the academy been destroyed? and even the Sith academy was either in chaos (if you killed everyone) or in flux (if you did the doublecross with either Uthar or Yathura). It wouldn't make much since to go there unless the storyline requires it. i.e. you're going there for something specific. plus, I really don't think the devs would want to do the whole academy thing because it's already been done in the first game. i could be wrong, though.

There are many academy's and many Masters but I do think it would be a lot kewler to have Kreia helping you reconnect with the force rather than going to Coruscant or something.

This suggestion is plausible to do without making two separate storylines - you go to the same places, to attack or defend or sabotage or steal, depending on what side you are.

I wouldn't mind that as an idea, it would add a big plus to the replayability of the game.

Please Devs, implement this idea! ;););):p;)

You really should have been able to take control of the Sith Academy on Korriban in KOTOR 1. It wouldn't have affected the storyline much, just instead of having to kill all the sith after beating the current head of the academy, you could talk to the students and they'd talk to you as if you were the head of the academy.

I mean, the explanation for that part is stupid. I'm darkside, I kill the head of the academy, come back and tell the students that. The 3 of them decide THEY want to be head of the academy, I kill them. Then the ENTIRE academy wants to challenge me? I just killed the most powerful people in the school, they should be bowing to me and begging for mercy.

You really should have been able to take control of the Sith Academy on Korriban in KOTOR 1. It wouldn't have affected the storyline much, just instead of having to kill all the sith after beating the current head of the academy, you could talk to the students and they'd talk to you as if you were the head of the academy.

I mean, the explanation for that part is stupid. I'm darkside, I kill the head of the academy, come back and tell the students that. The 3 of them decide THEY want to be head of the academy, I kill them. Then the ENTIRE academy wants to challenge me? I just killed the most powerful people in the school, they should be bowing to me and begging for mercy.

Very true. But you cant be head of the academy. The head of the academy has to actually be ON Korriban. But they definitely should have given you a wide berth. But oh well. Maybe they just assume you killed Uthar and Yuthura in some underhanded way. You can poison both of them after all. So maybe they just arent willing to accept someone everyone thinks is just a padawan could beat the 1st and 2nd in command.

I think you should still be able to talk to them and tell them you'll be challenging Malak for the Sith Lordship, and institute someone in command. I'm sure there'd be in-fighting for this, and it would be neat to say part of the academy against and part for you. More personality, anyway.

I think you should still be able to talk to them and tell them you'll be challenging Malak for the Sith Lordship, and institute someone in command. I'm sure there'd be in-fighting for this, and it would be neat to say part of the academy against and part for you. More personality, anyway.

Who would you put in command??? Its not worth all the work. But I agree the Sith at the academy should have left you alone.

Maybe they just assume you killed Uthar and Yuthura in some underhanded way. You can poison both of them after all.

Isn't that the Sith way? :)

Yes it is but that means they think you didnt kill them because youre such a powerful force user but because you got lucky. So they still think youre a padawan and they have a chance against you. Malak on the star forge says there is whispering about how he assumed the mantle of Sith Lord. That it looked bad he didnt kill you personally.

Maybe they just assume you killed Uthar and Yuthura in some underhanded way. You can poison both of them after all.

Isn't that the Sith way? :unsure:

Yes it is but that means they think you didnt kill them because youre such a powerful force user but because you got lucky. So they still think youre a padawan and they have a chance against you. Malak on the star forge says there is whispering about how he assumed the mantle of Sith Lord. That it looked bad he didnt kill you personally.

Maybe, for Yuthura and Uthar (Though how did they find out about it? Neither Yuthura or Uthar did), but those 3 outside the Sith Academy? Your character kills them, with the aid of only a few slaves or droids.

Maybe, for Yuthura and Uthar (Though how did they find out about it? Neither Yuthura or Uthar did), but those 3 outside the Sith Academy? Your character kills them, with the aid of only a few slaves or droids.

Think of it this way. If you were those 3 sith. And a Sith padawan that just finished training (to you, Korriban may be the last world the PC does or it could be the first) came out of the temple claiming to have killed Yuthura and Uthar and that they are Darth Revan... would you automatically believe them? Or be skeptical??? :p But after youve killed half the academy I think they should wise up.

Think of it this way. If you were those 3 sith. And a Sith padawan that just finished training (to you, Korriban may be the last world the PC does or it could be the first) came out of the temple claiming to have killed Yuthura and Uthar and that they are Darth Revan... would you automatically believe them? Or be skeptical??? :p But after youve killed half the academy I think they should wise up.

Skeptical, maybe. I'd be a bit careful about drawing my saber and attacking, especially as hes cutting down hoards of my fellow students with apparent ease.