Who do you blame?

Who's to blame for this traitorous debacle?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame for this traitorous debacle?

• Microsoft
    • Lucas Arts

Microsoft have clearly employed unprincipled "means of persuasion" in order to "protect their vested interests"

LA have plain and simply "lied through their teeth" and betrayed their faithful and loyal PC fanbase.

Who do you guys & gals think is more responsible?

EDIT: (Hopefully my exuberant use of double quatations adds some degree of "political correctness " so that this thread doesn't also get added to the recent hit-list of those obsidian-lucasarts-microsoft spooks :ph34r: )

manthing2.jpg

1) Billy Gates doesn't really care which system it comes out on first because either way you will be playing it on HIS system!!! unless there is an apple or Linux version in the mic that I have yet to hear about? and from what I have read I would think he would rather you play it on PC than the XBox because he looses money on every XBox sold and make a large profit on every copy of windows loaded onto a PC.

2) what difference does it make if you get it in dec or feb? I mean its not like they have all the sudden decided to cancel the PC version of the game!!! hey it could always be worse.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Gromnir blames all the folks who have different kinds o' hardware... you bastards.

blame somebody is silly. they woulda' liked a simultaneous release, but it were never particularly realistic to expect that they would be able to do so.

keep in mind that we were originally told that BOTH versions would be released feb of next year, so all this really means is that they has managed to get the xbox version out AHEAD of their original schedule.

*shrug*

Gromnir loves to bash lucas and obsidian and microsoft, but doing so in this case would be a bit unfair.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

thats a selfish attitude.

So being mature, patient, and rational = selfish?

Codoning actions which are deliberately misleading and outrightly deceptive; thus benefitting only a small minority of the "privileged" fanbase, sounds pretty damn selfish to me.

manthing2.jpg

1) Billy Gates doesn't really care which system it comes out on first because either way you will be playing it on HIS system!!! unless there is an apple or Linux version in the mic that I have yet to hear about? and from what I have read I would think he would rather you play it on PC than the XBox because he looses money on every XBox sold and make a large profit on every copy of windows loaded onto a PC.

The problem with this point is that most people already own a computer and consequently have Windows already installed. Therefore, Microsoft doesn't make any more money by this release since most people will already have a computer and those that don't will not spend over 1000 dollars just for one game.

On the other hand, not everyone has a XBox and there will be some who will buy an XBox just for this game. So therefore, it is not without reason that Gates and Co. would rather have an early XBox release than PC release.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Gromnir blames all the folks who have different kinds o' hardware... you bastards.

blame somebody is silly.  they woulda' liked a simultaneous release, but it were never particularly realistic to expect that they would be able to do so.

keep in mind that we were originally told that BOTH versions would be released feb of next year, so all this really means is that they has managed to get the xbox version out AHEAD of their original schedule.

*shrug*

Gromnir loves to bash lucas and obsidian and microsoft, but doing so in this case would be a bit unfair.

HA! Good Fun!

Then why don't they hold back both versions to release at the same time? NO, they want to cash in on the hefty Christmas market so that LA's and MS's profits stack nicely, while the PC gamers suffer. And yet they expect us to pay the odd 50 bucks (or quid if the case applies) for a second rate service (as it is 2 months late), which even lacks the prospect fo exclusive bonus material. That, my friend, is so not cool.

manthing2.jpg

"NO, they want to cash in on the hefty Christmas market "

duh.

you expect a smart businessman to sacrifice all those potential christmas sales just so that pc fans and xbox fans would get at same time? that is insane, stupid, and juvenile.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"NO, they want to cash in on the hefty Christmas market "

duh.

you expect a smart businessman to sacrifice all those potential christmas sales just so that pc fans and xbox fans would get at same time?  that is insane, stupid, and juvenile.

HA! Good Fun!

Sound business? Yes. Quintessentially circumventing the PC fans? Most definately!

All that BS about a "simultaneous release date" and "use of the Orthodox Christian calendar" was a complete farce!

The lied to us. Pure and simple.

manthing2.jpg

Codoning actions which are deliberately misleading and outrightly deceptive; thus benefitting only a small minority of the "privileged" fanbase, sounds pretty damn selfish to me.

I wasn't condoning anyone's actions. This isn't an "us vs. them" scenario like you want to believe.

Then why don't they hold back both versions to release at the same time?  NO, they want to cash in on the hefty Christmas market so that LA's and MS's profits stack nicely, while the PC gamers suffer.  And yet they expect us to pay the odd 50 bucks (or quid if the case applies) for a second rate service (as it is 2 months late), which even lacks the prospect fo exclusive bonus material.  That, my friend, is so not cool.

Oh no! PC gamers have to wait another 2 whole months for a game! THE SKY IS FALLING! :lol:

Get a grip, kid. ;)

jag,

what the hell are you talking about?

they originally said feb. did you complain that they were liars when they said they might make for christmas? no? no cry of

I wasn't condoning anyone's actions. This isn't an "us vs. them" scenario like you want to believe.

Then why don't they hold back both versions to release at the same time?  NO, they want to cash in on the hefty Christmas market so that LA's and MS's profits stack nicely, while the PC gamers suffer.  And yet they expect us to pay the odd 50 bucks (or quid if the case applies) for a second rate service (as it is 2 months late), which even lacks the prospect fo exclusive bonus material.  That, my friend, is so not cool.

Oh no! PC gamers have to wait another 2 whole months for a game! THE SKY IS FALLING! :lol:

Get a grip, kid. ;)

By definition, I don't believe that you're eligible to call me kid. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

The problem with this point is that most people already own a computer and consequently have Windows already installed. Therefore, Microsoft doesn't make any more money by this release since most people will already have a computer and those that don't will not spend over 1000 dollars just for one game.

On the other hand, not everyone has a XBox and there will be some who will buy an XBox just for this game. So therefore, it is not without reason that Gates and Co. would rather have an early XBox release than PC release.

Your right I did kinda over state it there, but what I was implying was that if someone was purchasing a computer they would/ could purchase TSL along with it and also Billy has already gotten his cut off of your harware choice. Heck if I didn't know anybetter I would say that he wanted to take over the world.... wait he already did that...... *aheam* "ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BILL GATES!!" ;)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

By definition, I don't believe that you're eligible to call me kid.  ;)

Such pride, such arrogance!

Heh, well then let me rephrase: Get a grip, teenager! :lol:

Wrong again, my friend. I see that your're method of ascertaining people's age is woefully pitiful. :D

manthing2.jpg

you make no sense.

"It seems that PC development was comparitively ignored."

you draw some odd conclusions from a handful of developer posts. the conclusions you draw from a few programmer posts is no more compelling than divinations from digging in the guts of rabbits.

regardless, even if equal resources were devoted to xbox and pc, pc would take longer to develop. this has been stated unequivocally by any number of different developers from different companies. heck, if Gromnir knew that we could not get both pc version and xbox version out in time for christmas, but that by devoting more resources to xbox we could get it out in time for holiday season, we would not hesitate to do so... and neither would any other rational business person. xbox accounts for more sales. if lucas or obsidian thought they could get xbox out by christmas and DIDN