Favorite combat feat

Which type of combat feat do you like best?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of combat feat do you like best?

• Power Strike/Blast
    • Flurry/Rapid Shot
    • Critical Strike/Sniper Shot
    • None of them; I want a new combat tech!
    • I just click attack.....
    • I use the Force

I used flurry alot in KOTOR, but I can't wait to see what new feats they have created and also the new animations, maybe just maybe there will be one to take the place of flurry. :rolleyes:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Critical Strke. When it stuns an enemy, the free attacks that u can get without fear of retaliation for a couple of turns certainly helped me out a lot.

i agree. is especially great when when you use a light saber with Heart of Guardian, Opila and Sapith crystals. :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I upgraded Flurry and Power Strike to master level on my last play through, and I carried two sabers with the following crystals:

Mantle of the Force - Solari - Krayt Dragon Pearl

Mantle of the Force - Jenruax - Krayt Dragon Pearl

(yes I cheated to get two MotF crystals, couldn't resist :) )

This combination of feats and sabers combined with Master Speed and Master Valour was truly awesome. With just my main character I slaughtered my way through the Star Forge, taking minimal damage.

Flurry is useful when your fighting against weaker saber wielding opponents or non-Jedi. Power Strike is most useful against the bigger enemies like Rancors. Unforunately I rarely got to fight for very long because my Force Jump attack usually killed opponents instantly and one strike was usually enough to take down even a Rancor.

I'm just too good :rolleyes::)

i know it isnt up there but i liked the gearhead feature combined with the sith regeneration implant comes in handy especially on canderous who also had a healing ability.

ummm this is about ur favorite COMBAT feat. better luck next time

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

usually i just chose random attacks but critical strike is te best even thought it looks crappy....and also do you think they will make the combat look faster? i know theyre makin the PC look faster but what about enemies? it looked terrible in kotor 1 when each character would freeze for a whole second or two before actually attacking......but they did say that the enemies will level up as you progress which is good :D

also catalyst how could you possibly go through the entire star forge on your own?

not that im doubting you it just seems impossible...do those extra downloadable crystals give you bonusses? shame i dont have xbox live....

Critical strike for many reasons:

1: You can do twice as much damage with any weapon and your chance is increased by level.

2: Even though your pc will get a -5 to defense, it won't matter when your enemy is stunned and unable to attack when your defense is down.

3: Power attack was useless as even though it does up to 10 points of extra damage, you recieve something like a minus 3 to all attacks that round.

4: Flurry is slightly is a bit more usefull that power atack as it gives you an extra attack per round with less of a defense penalty with each level. But it also does something simalar to power attack by giving you less of a chance to hit the round after you use this feat.

5: The devs probably made critical strike the best feat so they could give it to scoundrels (as they received the least amount of feats); then give the second best feat (flurry) to scouts as they received the second highest amount of feats; and the worse feat (power attack) to soldiers as they recieve the most feats.

So as you can see, critical strike rules.

^_^

So as you can see, critical strike rules.

^_^

Except when you're surrounded by enemies like on the star forge, then being able to stun 1 enemy does not help when 4 others are able to hit you.

Hopefully TSL will reduce the defence penalty when you achieve higher levels of critical strike.

Vapaad

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

also catalyst how could you possibly go through the entire star forge on your own?

not that im doubting you it just seems impossible...do those extra downloadable crystals give you bonusses? shame i dont have xbox live....

Yeh, I went through the whole Star Forge alone on my second play through. I created an uber-saber character who was unstoppable. Its just a case of using the right combination of powers for the right weapons and not wasting any of the points you get through leveling up. But you have to tailor your character with the final product in mind right from the start, which means you suffer a little in the first few hours.

I play the PC version, so I had all the extra content some X-Box gamers couldn't get hold of, including the saber crystals.

My character was armed with the crystal combos I mentioned above, which did a phenomonal amount of damage, before I even added force powers and combat feats. Also, my dexterity was through the roof. It was practically impossible for anything to hit me, and combined with saber deflection this made me harder to hit with a blaster than Han Solo hiding behind Chewie... :ph34r:

The force powers I used to supplement my sabers were normally just Master Focus, Force Jump (instant kill of nearly any enemy - took off 9/10 of Malak's health with one hit), and If anyone was flukey enough to hit me then I just used Force Drain on them to get the health back.

Feats I used were Master Flurry and Master Power Strike although my opponents rarely survived long enough for me to use the feats on them. The key attribute was dexterity. Can't remember the figure at the moment but suffice to say I was faster than a blaster shot, by quite a bit.