KOTOR II Planets

More planetary info on potential worlds, this time from starwars.com:

A twisted mirroring of the planet-encasing cities of Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa is the Huttese name for the over-urbanized planetoid known commonly as the Smugglers' Moon.

The spaceport moon orbits the Hutt stronghold world of Nal Hutta, in the Y'Toub system. According to Hutt legend, their true homeworld of Varl was destroyed eons ago, and the heroic Hutts conquered Nal Hutta as their new homeworld. The native Evocii were displaced to the largest of Nal Hutta's moons, Nar Shaddaa, but the Hutts eventually annexed the moon as well.

Over the centuries, Nar Shaddaa grew as an important way station in interstellar trade. Ancient refueling spires and loading docks still reach out from the native soil into orbit, and in between, vast vertical cities have filled the spaces. The lower levels fell into disrepair and decay, and the lowliest of dregs were forced into the decrepit undercity. The descendants of the Evocii degenerated in the shadowed filth of Nar Shaddaa's foundations, mutating into unwholesome savages.

For a time, Nar Shaddaa enjoyed an air of luxury, but changing political climes turned it into a criminal haven. The moon is firmly affixed in the galaxy's criminal underbelly, and no amount of reform will ever bring it into the light again. Ship-jackers, slavers, spice dealers, pirates, hunters and other unsavory types congregate in the vile cities. For a price, anything can be bought and sold on Nar Shaddaa, and many young smugglers and fringe-types get their start on the Smugglers' Moon.

"You shall not pass!"

I think it's Telos, but some say it's an unrevealed planet... :lol:

It could very well be Telos, either a rebuilt part of the planet or an area unscathed by Sith bombardment. All we saw of Telos before was the rainy moor from the E3 demo.

"You shall not pass!"

Here's the latest update on planets:

Someone announced that there would be seven worlds in KOTOR II. (Of course, it might be seven NEW worlds, not including any we've already been to.

1. Peragus - the mining colony you start on. You've apparently been trapped, abandoned, etc. here by Sith attack. You get the Ebon Hawk here too.

2. Dantooine - the blasted out remnants of the Jedi Academy. Who knows what old faces you might see here?

3. Telos - Carth Onasi's homeworld. Also a blasted out planet being rebuilt. We'll probably see Carth again here, maybe Dustil too.

4. Dxun - A moon of Onderon. This is the place we've seen in the recent jungle screenshots. Important battles of the Exar Kun Sith and Mandalorian Wars were fought here. Also, I remember reading somewhere that there is a Sith Tomb here, somewhere.

5. Onderon - A planet of significance to the old Sith. It is the mother planet to the moon Dxun.

6. Kashyyyk? - One computer magazine mentioned that we'll be returning to Kashykkk, but this may be incorrect (in fact, I'm almost hoping it is, if for no other reason than that I want to see new planets!)

7. Other Potential Planets:

Coruscant

Nar Shaddaa

Bpfassh

Korriban

Sluis Van

Corellia

There are loads of other possibilities for planets. Any educated guesses are most welcome. What are the other planets going to be? Why?

So there's the key data again.

"You shall not pass!"

Onderon Preview:

The first thing I was shown was a new planet called Onderon, which is ruled by a queen who is allied with the Republic. There's a bit of an upheaval going on right now, though, as half of the population feels that the Republic has done nothing for them but send their best and brightest off to die in an intergalactic war. The other half of the people believes that the queen is doing what is best for her people, and that her people should stand by her side.

The producer told me that you'll be able to pick a side and fight for them, play both sides against each other, or simply remain neutral. It's not really known if there are any advantages to any of these options, but that's part of what made the first game so great. You can choose to do whatever you want, and that's obviously the case here, as well.

While we really didn't get to see much of the planet itself (we simply got a tour of the starport), the producers told me that we can expect a lot more types of terrain in the game. He said they've added a lot of areas that are on different vertical planes, so that many levels involved running up and down slopes or ramps to get to other parts in the level. This was evident in the area leading up to the queen's palace, as the group ran up a few ramps, battling their way to the main throne area.

"You shall not pass!"

Over the centuries, Nar Shaddaa grew as an important way station in interstellar trade. Ancient refueling spires and loading docks still reach out from the native soil into orbit, and in between, vast vertical cities have filled the spaces. The lower levels fell into disrepair and decay, and the lowliest of dregs were forced into the decrepit undercity. The descendants of the Evocii degenerated in the shadowed filth of Nar Shaddaa's foundations, mutating into unwholesome savages.

Sounds just like Taris to me.

The first thing I was shown was a new planet called Onderon, which is ruled by a queen who is allied with the Republic. There's a bit of an upheaval going on right now, though, as half of the population feels that the Republic has done nothing for them but send their best and brightest off to die in an intergalactic war. The other half of the people believes that the queen is doing what is best for her people, and that her people should stand by her side.

This is the conflict that I like.... ;)

Okay, so the mystery pictures may be Onderon - city of Iziz. Perhaps that's the new level to be revealed today - Onderon!

Iziz? isn't that the name of the jawa leader at the tattooine (or how ever its spelled) gate?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

This is the conflict that I like.... ;)

Hits rather close to home with whats taking place in the world today doesn't it.

Cheers!

what about Alderan or Yavin IV or maybe the planet the Ewoks were on? I think I remember reading someplace that alot of the planets would have a DS past to them, though I might be wrong on that.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

what about Alderan or Yavin IV or maybe the planet the Ewoks were on? I think I remember reading someplace that alot of the planets would have a DS past to them, though I might be wrong on that.

Darkside worlds? Let's see........

Korriban

Dagobah

Yavin 4

Dathomir

Ziost (if that's how it's spelled)

Of course there are plenty of other planets to choose from, like Rhen Var, Lok, Meramere, Vortex, Corellia, Chandrila, Sleheydron, etc.

And BTW, Ewoks are on the Sanctuary Moon of Endor.

Darkside worlds? Let's see........

Korriban

Dagobah

Yavin 4

Dathomir

Ziost (if that's how it's spelled)

Of course there are plenty of other planets to choose from, like Rhen Var, Lok, Meramere, Vortex, Corellia, Chandrila, Sleheydron, etc.

And BTW, Ewoks are on the Sanctuary Moon of Endor.

thanks I couldn't remember that for the life of me.

AscendedPaladin.png