KOTOR II Planets

Someone announced that there would be seven worlds in KOTOR II. (Of course, it might be seven NEW worlds, not including any we've already been to.

1. Peragus - the mining colony you start on. You've apparently been trapped, abandoned, etc. here by Sith attack. You get the Ebon Hawk here too.

2. Dantooine - the blasted out remnants of the Jedi Academy. Who knows what old faces you might see here?

3. Telos - Carth Onasi's homeworld. Also a blasted out planet being rebuilt. We'll probably see Carth again here, maybe Dustil too.

4. Dxun - A moon of another planet. This is the place we've seen in the recent jungle screenshots. Important battles of the Exar Kun Sith and Mandalorian Wars were fought here. Also, I remember reading somewhere that there is a Sith Tomb here, somewhere.

5. Kashykk? - One computer magazine mentioned that we'll be returning to Kashykk, but this may be incorrect (in fact, I'm almost hoping it is, if for no other reason than that I want to see new planets!)

6. Coruscant? - I thought I saw some city planet shots, but I could be mistaken, or they could be of another world.

There are loads of other possibilities for planets. Any educated guesses are most welcome. What are the other planets going to be? Why?

"You shall not pass!"

Kashykk? - One computer magazine mentioned that we'll be returning to Kashykk, but this may be incorrect (in fact, I'm almost hoping it is, if for no other reason than that I want to see new planets!)

I happened to like Kashyyyk, mainly for the atmosphere and the wookiees, but I agree that there should be new planets to go to...

Coruscant? - I thought I saw some city planet shots, but I could be mistaken, or they could be of another world.

I thought that was Coruscant too, but someon mentioned that it could also be Nar Shadda(Sp?)

What are the other planets going to be? Why?

I think only Peragus, Dantooine, Telos, and Dxun have been confirmed at this point...and does anyone remember if the Devs said Peragus was a world, or another level, Leviathan thingy?

Yes, out of the planets would could go to in KOTOR I, Kashyykk was one of my favorites too. Tatooine was so overused in the Star Wars world, and Manaan looked exactly the same everywhere you went (though underwater was kind of cool, in a frustrating sort of way). Korriban was cool, though.

What do we know about Nar Shadda?

"You shall not pass!"

Korriban was cool, though.

My only issue with Korriban is that it showed up in two separate games that weren't launched very far apart, and there was no consistency maintained. I mean, yes it'd look different in another 4000 years, but not /that/ different.

2. Dantooine - the blasted out remnants of the Jedi Academy. Who knows what old faces you might see here?

Hopefully Yuthura :)

It would definitely be nice... rescued pre-attack, she talked about possibly joining the Order again. I'd almost wish the same as some others, that she could join the party as a light side padawan again.

Yes, it would definitely be cool to see Yuthura Ban again. She was one of the few characters in the game to have real depth. I think that's why so many of us left scratching our heads, wondering what the deal was; why she couldn't be a party member, etc.

As for Nar Shadda., it definitely sounds like an interesting option. I wouldn't be opposed to it, or to Coruscant. There's so many cool Star Wars planets out there, that I would like to see them include someplace really amazing. But, of course, I will be more than satisfied with whatever they see fit to give us.

"You shall not pass!"

Hopefully Yuthura :)

It would definitely be nice... rescued pre-attack, she talked about possibly joining the Order again. I'd almost wish the same as some others, that she could join the party as a light side padawan again.

The sith attack on Dantooine didn't destroy the entire planet (the same goes for Taris). Remember that Malak didn't have a Death Star with him....

So, Yuthura could have gone into hiding in some cave or something, opening the possibility of being recruited by the new PC.

Also, and taking in cosederation my theory, if Yuthura was able to survive the Sith bombardment, maybe some of the other Jedi Masters survived also.

Who knows....

We know that at least Master Vandar survived somehow. I think we can guarantee survivors on both worlds. And through "star power" all the key figures will somehow miraculously survive.

It's like the fire-fights with Stormtroopers. Do Luke, Han or Leia get hit? No.

And how many of the bad guy henchmen die? All of them.

So it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest some important familiar faces.

"You shall not pass!"

We know that at least Master Vandar survived somehow. I think we can guarantee survivors on both worlds. And through "star power" all the key figures will somehow miraculously survive.

It's like the fire-fights with Stormtroopers. Do Luke, Han or Leia get hit? No.

And how many of the bad guy henchmen die? All of them.

So it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest some important familiar faces.

"The hero neves dies..." (except for Qui-Gon, I guess)

Hopefully Yuthura :lol:

The sith attack on Dantooine didn't destroy the entire planet (the same goes for Taris). Remember that Malak didn't have a Death Star with him....

So, Yuthura could have gone into hiding in some cave or something, opening the possibility of being recruited by the new PC.

Also, and taking in cosederation my theory, if Yuthura was able to survive the Sith bombardment, maybe some of the other Jedi Masters survived also.

Who knows....

Or if you did Korriban last like me Dantooine was already bombed.

New thought --

what will be different, detail-wise, with the old planets that are coming back. I mean, aside from the fact that Dantooine was hit by a massive planetary bombardment, etc. How will the devs integrate old "classic" material into the new version of the world without making it seem rehashed, yet still being familiar?

"You shall not pass!"

Hopefully Yuthura :lol:

Who knows....

Or if you did Korriban last like me Dantooine was already bombed.

Well...Yuthura could've survived either way. I don't think it matters whether you talked to her on Dantooine or if you did Korriban last. The only thing that matters if whether she was brought back to the light or not. If you did, she escaped Taris, if you didn't...well...she was killed by you.

So....I'm thinking that there is still a big chance to see her again....

Yes, I think that's absolutely right. And if there's more than 10 NPCs, with the party cap at 10 instead, then there may even be a chance of getting her in the party. Boy, that'd sure please a lot of KOTOR fans!

"You shall not pass!"

Yes, anyway, getting back to planets...

Would anybody with a little more knowledge like to drop us a hint? I mean, we seem to be rambling a little bit...

Like this Nar Shadda thing -- if we're dead wrong, would you like to shoot us down please?

"You shall not pass!"