Be a Sith recruiter!

Now, we all know the viewpoint of the Force-using Sith from Korriban (even if overdone)....but what do you think the average cannon fodder can't-hit--the-broad-side-of-a-barn-with-a-tactical-nuclear-missile Sith Trooper and Sith Pilot is in it for?

Do your best to argue why someone would want to join the Dark Side....without the Force being involved. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

They're greedy and like stealing candy from babies.

Or, at least, that's how it was shown in KotOR.

I often wondered how stable morale was on the Leviathan after that incident with Darth Bandon killing two troopers and a droid for no apparent reason. Even if you join the Sith for selfish motives, I would think at that point many officers on deck would be wondering if maybe they chose the wrong side. :)

They're greedy and like stealing candy from babies.

Or, at least, that's how it was shown in KotOR.

I often wondered how stable morale was on the Leviathan after that incident with Darth Bandon killing two troopers and a droid for no apparent reason. Even if you join the Sith for selfish motives, I would think at that point many officers on deck would be wondering if maybe they chose the wrong side. :huh:

Nah, he was just tickling them with that thar lightnin'. :)

It's a job, and pays just like any other job.

OR

If they dont get payed at least they get roof top of their head and probably food, and you never know if you find friend within the corps.

OR

You're dumb thug who knows nothing except how to be thug, so you joined the Sith Corps to thug it away while they provide you food so you dont die.

OR

They're power hungry people trying to climb the "corporate ladder" in Sith Corps, so they would finally make it to Captain or sum such.

And the list goes on....

Basicly, look at any real life motivation to get a job and you've got it, I think you can't generalize Sith Troopers and their motives, they're individuals even though the world is fictional.

It's a job, and pays just like any other job.

Why not become an accountant? Accountants tend to be farther away from guys who randomly use Force Choke on people just for kicks.

If they dont get payed at least they get roof top of their head and probably food, and you never know if you find friend within the corps.

It would still be more profitable to join the Republic. Again, you get the same benefits, plus Light Side Jedi are less prone to kill you for no reason.

You're dumb thug who knows nothing except how to be thug, so you joined the Sith Corps to thug it away while they provide you food so you dont die.

This makes the most sense; food, money, plus you get to move up a notch on the food chain (Sith force users are still above you, but hey, at least you can push around the common SOB on the street.)

Then again, I'd think the end result of this would be that, whenever the going got tough, Sith troopers would drop their guns and run away with their tails between their legs. "Hell, I didn't sign up for this!"

They're power hungry people trying to climb the "corporate ladder" in Sith Corps, so they would finally make it to Captain or sum such.

Pretty much same answer to this as to the second one. *shrug*

The Sith of KOTOR and KOTOR II have kind of a rough time making a case for their fight; unlike the Empire of the OT, they don't have the whole 'fighting for peace and order against traitors and rebels struggling against the legitimate government' line working for them. Making sense of their cause is thus a bit more difficult....

Ppl disenchanted with the Republic? Ie "what did they do for us" or "they gave us the short end of the stick in favour of Z" etc. The Sith can be a means to their end or a change or way out of their current predicament.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I think it's obvious from KotOR1:

Sith parties  B)

Damn, how could I have forgotten.

Paraphrased for your viewing pleasure:

Sith d00d: This Tarisian Ale's the sh!t.

Sith Chick: Careful mang, that stuff'll knock you out cold with less'n a couple rounds.

Sith d00d: Aw, you should learn to let go, live a little, ya know?

<thud>

Guest Michael Chu

I remember this one Sith party I went to over a weekend in '96. I can't even begin to describe the depths of the insanity, craziness and debauchery that happened. Mostly because I don't remember much of it. Pass me another Tarisian ale.

I remember this one Sith party I went to over a weekend in '96. I can't even begin to describe the depths of the insanity, craziness and debauchery that happened. Mostly because I don't remember much of it. Pass me another Tarisian ale.

<Slides Chu another round> You're okay, for a schlummie. :D

Sith d00d: This Tarisian Ale's the sh!t.

Sith Chick: Careful mang, that stuff'll knock you out cold with less'n a couple rounds.

Sith d00d: Aw, you should learn to let go, live a little, ya know?

<thud>

They can't fight, they can't shoot straight....and goddang but they can't hold their liquor.

At least they sound soooo refined with those english accents...but then again that also means they can't cook.

I'd say the Sith are like a gang. The recruit the disenfranchised individuals from society and spew forth the propoganda about how the Republic is evil (which is probably all that is really required for most people).

Promises of increased power and fortune probably bring in a fair share too. Sure there are more legit alternatives, but that generally means following someone else's rules (the evil Republic's rules that is...since they've all been indoctrinated).

You get to act out your bases desires. You get the chance for power unbound by morals or the common good. You get to be on the winning team because lets face it the jedi are too weak to win.

Yeah but so are the Sith really.....

It's a wonder how the Jedi lasted all the way to the time of the movies. Although, they seemed more secure and "grown-up" by then (as did the Sith).

Come with me into the Sith. I will allow you to indulge in your deepest desires and fantasies. You want money and power? Sign up. You want to be a part of the greatest organization in the entire galaxy that never dies? Look no further. For thousands of years the puny Jedi have attempted to destroy us and failed. They can't accomplish it because it's difficult to destroy what you don't understand.

They can't understand letting the feelings that are naturally a part of you feed your ability to kill. All they know about is holding Padawans down. Telling them that they're less competent and intelligent than their masters for some untold reason. Knowning all the while that if those same Padawans turned against their masters they would kill them. To join the Jedi is to submit to a life of needless self-restraint, slavery, stupidity, and a flat out pitiful existence as a sucker.

In the Republic you will fight for a cause that doesn't serve you. What good is saving the entire world if you're still poor and unknown? Why would you settle for such an existence? Think of Carth Onasi. World reknowned and respected Republic soldier. What did he have to show for it? No money. No family. No honor. Just an empty life of revenge that was brutally ended. And who killed him? Who killed his family? Who destroyed his world? Who proved to be the more dominant group once again? Revan and The Sith on all counts. All that fighting and loyalty didn't serve him in the least. The choice is simple. Join us or perish. Death to the Jedi. Long live the Sith.

-Darth Renegade

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, that's f***ing disgusting! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Depends on the species. I'm sure there are some sentient races that can become Jedi that might very well be considered delicacies by humans. :p