Stirring the rumor cauldron

Jurgenaut

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6318

Lazy me, I didn't download the mp3 (33.5k modem), but it seems mark hamill talks episode 7-8-9 on the new DVD release, but whether or not those plans are still around, the text didn't say.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

in the past, i had heard episodes 7, 8 and 9 were slated for a single movie release. not sure, but i also had heard that rough screenplays have existed since the release of the original star wars.

it's been soooo long since i really cared, however :p

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Eh.. more stuff here:

Seems the troops at TheForce.net were right - despite the Lucasfilm defense attack - there is indeed something going on in terms of "Star Wars" sequels.

A couple of months back the site heard that Lucasfilm employees had been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement which stipulated that they had to stay zipped about Episodes 7, 8 and 9 - a sequel trilogy that would take place following the events of "Return of the Jedi".

Lucasfilm were quick to debunk the claim.

This week however I've talked to two very, very reliable insiders - one studio based, another connected to the cast of the original films - who claim that Lucas is indeed going to be doing the three sequels. "They're happening. They're already happening", one said "The three films are all in various stages of development as we speak. They're keeping them quiet for the meantime I believe, but Lucas has four more Star Wars films to deliver to Fox".

It's common practice for everyone to keep their mouths shut until its time to officially announce something apparently.

A few weeks back it was suggested - on IESB - that the sequels might actually be animated films, which would make sense, but we couldn't confirm that.

Taken from http://www.moviehole.net/news/4219.html

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon