Why did Revan go to Korriban?

Uhh... he made a trip to Korriban to find the Star Forge in KotOR 1. It could just be a reference to the original game.

I think u r a little confused matey. Read this.

His name is Atton Rand; and he's the one who asks you the Revan question. He also mentions that Revan went on a jaunt to Korriban a few years back, and then disappeared.

Why has Revan gone to Korriban, then suddenly disapeered. (supposedly into the unknown region of the galaxy).

This is in the time between KOTOR and KOTOR2. Not during KOTOR. This is why i asked, why did Revan go to Korriban and then (supposedly) into the unknown region of the galaxy.

Where in that statement did it say he went to Korriban after the Star Forge. It just says that he went. He had already gone twice for the Star Map. While he might have gone again, I saw nothing in the article or anywhere else beyond conjecture that he made a third trip after the game ended.

maybe he wanted to discover why Naga Sadow has tomb on Korriban although he died on Yavin IV.

Well, if one has a very popular deceased and multiple interests want the honour of hosting his remains. Its entirely possible that said deceased person could be divided among the interests due to his dead condition not requiring him to have all parts of himself in the same place.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

attons probly talkin bout how Reven went durin KOTOR 1, after the star forge it wasnt exactly a big secret, the republic needed its heros, either that or he saw some unforseen threat thru the force and felt he needed to go. Dont get me started on how the devs screwed the Vong theory, they didnt even get to the galaxy till anakins time.

There was no sarcofigause inside the "Temple" of Naga Sadow, I think it was a mistake when they labeled it a tomb. There was a pillar housing his sword, yet nothing indicating that he was actualy burried there.

As for the whole revan disapearance thing, he disapeared because Obsidian/LA didn't think KOTOR could continue with revan again. Though it might be possible in some twisted way that u are revan again, with another blow to the head, but it's extremely unlikely.

I doubt "went to korriban then disapeared into the unkown reaches of space" is a nod towards the first game, but it could be, it's very plausible since Obisidan/LA didn't want to tick anyone off.

As for the thing Ajunta Paul was talking about, I'm pretty sure he was referencing to the starmap.

I tend to like the "went to find out about his past and something happened" theory, rather then the "went to find something of great power" theory that is reused far too much. I also however did enjoy the "uncovered something bigger" theory which is again plausible and could relate to the sith lords plot giving it a bit of a twist.

Note that these are all either opions or veiws from my perspective

I tend to like the "went to find out about his past and something happened" theory, rather then the "went to find something of great power" theory that is reused far too much. I also however did enjoy the "uncovered something bigger" theory which is again plausible and could relate to the sith lords plot giving it a bit of a twist.

I agree, as it somewhat makes sense. The Jedi Master archives were with the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, so wouldn't it make sense that the Sith Master archives would be with the Sith Academy on Korriban? It makes perfect sense that Revan would go there to get access to those archives and try to piece together the jigsaw puzzle the Jedi Council made of his memories.

As Malak told him on the Leviathan, they didn't just keep him alive, they completely programmed him with a new identity, new memories, etc. Trying to sort out what is and and what isn't real would be a majour priority for any sane sentient, IMHO.

Besides, this explanation also works for both Light and Dark side Revans, both Male and Female.

Also, it does make sense that he would vanish after accessing them. Perhaps he found out something about himself that required him to go into isolation, find something, set something right, or finish something altogether. The possibilities are wide.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I agree, as it somewhat makes sense.  The Jedi Master archives were with the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, so wouldn't it make sense that the Sith Master archives would be with the Sith Academy on Korriban?  It makes perfect sense that Revan would go there to get access to those archives and try to piece together the jigsaw puzzle the Jedi Council made of his memories.

As Malak told him on the Leviathan, they didn't just keep him alive, they completely programmed him with a new identity, new memories, etc.  Trying to sort out what is and and what isn't real would be a majour priority for any sane sentient, IMHO.

Besides, this explanation also works for both Light and Dark side Revans, both Male and Female.

Also, it does make sense that he would vanish after accessing them.  Perhaps he found out something about himself that required him to go into isolation, find something, set something right, or finish something altogether.  The possibilities are wide.

Now we are talking great story :(

Well, now that's something different. Trying to regain your memory is better than just going to dark or light side blindly. When I played Kotor I was always trying to answer the question in a way that I was saying "I know I was Darth Revan, but I know my mistakes now". There is no merit in being good not knowing that you were bad, there is no redemption in amnesia.

Sorry for the mistake, at least someone read it, hahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc.

oh great mr monkey man has posted on my thread.

I'm gonna see if Revan will lend me HK-47 for a little while.

Back to topic

I agree, as it somewhat makes sense.  The Jedi Master archives were with the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, so wouldn't it make sense that the Sith Master archives would be with the Sith Academy on Korriban?  It makes perfect sense that Revan would go there to get access to those archives and try to piece together the jigsaw puzzle the Jedi Council made of his memories.

As Malak told him on the Leviathan, they didn't just keep him alive, they completely programmed him with a new identity, new memories, etc.  Trying to sort out what is and and what isn't real would be a majour priority for any sane sentient, IMHO.

Also, it does make sense that he would vanish after accessing them.  Perhaps he found out something about himself that required him to go into isolation, find something, set something right, or finish something altogether.  The possibilities are wide.

He could hav perhaps, felt he needed to learn about his past life. I mean, he might hav felt like if he knew the mistakes of his past, he would not make them in the future. Learn from past mistakes basically, but he cant learn from em if he dont know em, so he leaves to learn about his past life.

Or he could hav done something so terrible he cant forgive himself, and goes into self apointed isolation.

As Adria said, the possiblities are wide

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Maybe Revan was confused after KOTOR (either LS or DS) and you must convince him to follow one path, so afterwards he join your party for the final battle. You and Revan against the 3 sith lords. and if you are DS then in the end you fight him or even you form a master/apprentice relation. :p

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

nope

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ahh I see there is a fellow pixies fan amoung us...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Ya maybe he had to make his reservation

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.