Why did Revan go to Korriban?

Heres part two of my theory upon discoverying more about his past, Revan is suddenly set upon by the Sith and the three Sith Lords :(. Then in desperation realizing he couldn't escape he sent a hired thug (Atton Rodd or what ever) to get to his ship to find his long lost servant (your character). Upon entering the ship Atton finds the droids, the droids and Atton fly away but are set upon by a swarm of sith fighters :ph34r: . Then you crash land on the planet were the games starts ya I know its kinda bizzaro but what ever I'm a creative writing major hahahaha ya  :p

PEACE YA'LL

An idiotic theory :p !! :huh: But seems to actually make sense :blink:

I've always said Revan is after you for some reason (that reason likely being that he needs help against the Sith Lords, whether he's LS or DS would not even matter). After all, you were one of his followers during the Mandalorian War. If there's anything I've learned from KotOR, it's that every little detail in characters' backstories has a meaning (e.g. in KotOR, before you found out you were Revan, you had already heard lots of him, yet had never seen him... this, tied with the fact that there was something up with you, made it clear to me that you were in fact Revan, before Malak revealed it). My point is, the KotOR2 protagonist would not be a follower of Revan, if that wouldn't have any consequences. And the most obvious one would be that Revan needs your help once again.

You might remember my own theory of Revan's (and Bastila's) fate I posted a long time ago now, the Kreia-theory. The Kreia part may be off (though I still think it makes sense), but back then I already stated that Revan's fate will be tied to your role in the story. Revan would probably figure that since you've already followed him before, you'd likely do it again.

*thinks of the replay value: help LS Revan as LS, betray LS Revan as DS, help DS Revan as DS, betray DS Revan as LS, betray DS Revan as DS* :D

hey everyone i just realised something...well two things actually....why was revan and malak darkside when they foudn teh map on dantooine? and how did they know about the star forge? and most importantly if tehy hadnt already discovered teh star forge then how did revan get his robes since they were made on teh star forge? :blink: let me know what you think :D

hey everyone i just realised something...well two things actually....why was revan and malak darkside when they foudn teh map on dantooine? and how did they know about the star forge? and most importantly  if tehy hadnt already discovered teh star forge then how did revan get his robes since they were made on teh star forge? :blink:    let me know what you think  :D

Did you even play the bloody game? :huh:

They weren't DS yet when they found the first Star Map (they were just curious, a dangerous trait for Jedi). The found the Star Forge by finding all Star Maps first, just like you did. Then when they finally discovered the Star Forge, they became DS (that's probably when Revan got his robes as well, but that doesn't really matter to me).

i think pope has got a point. While revan might not be so active in the game, there's still a large chance that the story will be about the relationship between you two (especially if you and revan were of the opposite sexe, 'just a thought') and your path in the force: wether you decide to deal a new devestating blow at the sith or wether you decide to join them.

But if we're going to think like a dev, Revan went to Korriban because there was something of vital importance there. That something proved too much for Revan too handle and so she/he

1. was wounded or faced with such an overwhelming revelation that it made her go into exile

2. found clues to something bigger she is now looking for

..this is sort of like trying to figure out whos the murderer before youve even begun on the first chapter.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Or maybe:

LS Revan: in hiding

DS Revan: regretted what he did and went into self imposed exile, much like Ulic Qel Droma

DS Revan: 1 of the sith lords

DS Revan: Got forced out of the loop by the new sith lords and is somewhere plotting revenge, and maybe needs you

Just an idea :(

Did you even play the bloody game? :p

They weren't DS yet when they found the first Star Map (they were just curious, a dangerous trait for Jedi). The found the Star Forge by finding all Star Maps first, just like you did. Then when they finally discovered the Star Forge, they became DS (that's probably when Revan got his robes as well, but that doesn't really matter to me).

Correct on all points..EXCEPT:

(that's probably when Revan got his robes as well, but that doesn't really matter to me)

Revan already had his robes on Dantooine. The Star Forge doesn't make anything of it's own. It's only a giant replicator that makes things out of raw 'Star' material and Dark Side energy. You still have to supply it with something to copy. :unsure:

Here is a review of said article as per CronoT from the Official XBox Forums.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

After listening to her prattle on for a while, you start to do some exploring. A nearby computer console tells you the Ebon Hawk is docked at the planet you're on, and was severely damaged in a battle with an unknown alien ship. The computer also tells you that two droids are onboard, a protocol droid, and a utility droid. If I have to tell you who those two droids are, you're not a true KOTOR fan. :(

You eventually find your way into the minig portion of the complex, and have to put the Smackdown on the mining droids, since they've gone crazy and killed all the people. Next, you find a guy who could be Han Solo's ancestor. His name is Atton Rand; and he's the one who asks you the Revan question. He also mentions that Revan went on a jaunt to Korriban a few years back, and then disappeared.

I'm wondering who or what the 'Hawk ran into. Maybe these new Sith Lords are using some unrecognizable technology (similar to how Rakattan tech was unidentifiable to the Republic when they first encountered it), or perhaps the assailants are something new to the galaxy (new alien race?). And with only the two droids left, I have to wonder where (and how) the rest of the crew disappeared to. Also, I have to wonder if Revan was even on the 'Hawk at the time of the attack. Sounds like he disappeared before the 'Hawk got into battle, since it seems the 'Hawk was recently recovered by the mining complex. My reasoning being that I can't imagine why they'd keep the ship in cold storage for a few years and not even try to repair it - and it doesn't seem likely HK and T3 were adrift the whole time (unless they're incapacitated when we find them).

Another impression of mine is that Revan either disappeared on Korriban, or soon after. I can't help but feel he's been stranded behind enemy lines. Accordingly, I feel a strong urge to storm Korriban :p (hopefully I'll have more reliable back up than a washed up Jedi crone and some prettyboy Solo wannabe - then again, I'll have HK and that's all the back up I need :( ).

Or maybe:

LS Revan: in hiding

DS Revan: regretted what he did and went into self imposed exile, much like Ulic Qel Droma

DS Revan: 1 of the sith lords

DS Revan: Got forced out of the loop by the new sith lords and is somewhere plotting revenge, and maybe needs you

Just an idea :blink:

I think these two are most probable. If you think about it, they're both practically the same. In both cases, Revan is in hiding from the threat of the new Sith Lords. As LS, he needs your help to stop them. As DS, he needs you for revenge.

I don't think he'll regret what he did. That would kind of screw the whole point of the DS ending. I don't think he'll be one of the Sith Lords either. That would mean the Star Forge would still be intact, and that would give too many differences between the Revan LS/DS outlines. I think it's more likely that, after the events of KotOR, new Sith Lords appeared out of nowhere, and Revan (LS/DS) lost to them.

How about:

Revan hears that an artifact of great power has been uncovered on Korriban.

LS s/he heads off to destroy it (but is captured or killed).

DS It is in the possession of a new Sith Lord who uses it to destroy the Star Forge. Revan heads off to recover or destroy it.

Maybe the secret of controlling the McGuffin is hidden in the tomb of Freedon Nadd on Duxn and the PC has been sent to look for it.

More significantly, does the fact that Revan disappered on Korriban mean that Korriban is in TSL?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

ive got an idea. maybe there is a recording on t3 from revan that says that he needs ur help and to come find him on korriban or someting.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

ive got an idea. maybe there is a recording on t3 from revan that says that he needs ur help and to come find him on korriban or someting.

I thought that myself, as a nod to episode IV.

Holographic Revan: "Help me PC name you're my only hope!"

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

has anyone ever considered that you will be playing revan again? it is highly possible

:D ;) r u kidding? Do you know ANYTHING about Tsl besides what youve'd heard on these forums? <_<

The pc is an exile who served under Revan during the Mandalorian wars. ;)

Besides, the good old people at LA said that they're not going to have the same Revelations like the one they had in KOTOR. ;) :ph34r:

has anyone ever considered that you will be playing revan again? it is highly possible

:lol:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I think i would go with the idea of him/her going to find a powerful artifact.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Maybe he wanted to have a smalltalk with Ajunta Pall

Or maybe he wanted to discover why Naga Sadow has tomb on Korriban although he died on Yavin IV. And then punish lazy devs who screwed EU again...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.