Your Jedi in TSL

It is too bad we are forced to play Jedi.

You should probably rephrase that to "It's too bad I have to play as a Jedi" since the rest of us understand that the game is designed around the PC being a Jedi. Since we're here following the game, I think it is clear that we don't think it is too bad to have to play as a Jedi.

You're in the minority Hades......not everyone thinks that a game has to give complete freedom of character development in order to be good (in fact I'd wager that very few feel that it is quite the necessity you make it out to be).

You should probably rephrase that to "It's too bad I have to play as a Jedi" since the rest of us understand that the game is designed around the PC being a Jedi. Since we're here following the game, I think it is clear that we don't think it is too bad to have to play as a Jedi.

You're in the minority Hades......not everyone thinks that a game has to give complete freedom of character development in order to be good (in fact I'd wager that very few feel that it is quite the necessity you make it out to be).

Not everyone knows what makes a good crpg either.

Including you. :blink:

Geeze, you're arrogant.

Newsflash; you are not the be all and end all authority on what makes a good RPG. Get over yourself.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Journey with me, archaeologists of the Obsidian Era, back to the moment of this board's creation, back to a time when all sorts of single-celled organisms and rudimentary crustaceans were squirming, crawling, and slurping out of the primordial ooze that marked the infancy of this board. Visceris Obstinatous (or Hades_One, as the species is more commonly known) was at the vanguard of this primitive, fundamental migration.

An evolutionary anomaly, Visceris Obstinatous comprises both the bottom and the top tier of its evolutionary chain. While other organisms occupying such a peculair state in evolution are either simple enough to subsist off of veritably any environment (such as Darthus Genericus, commonly known as Darth Nobody, an organism capable of only the lowest functions of life, such as tedious repetition, lacking even the most basic of grammatical and indeed, logical, skills) or have gone extinct long ago (An example being the ill-fated Adrius Impersonous, simply referred to as Atek, whose exquisitely poor chameleon-like camouflage abilities left itself open to extinction via natural predators and a harsh environment), Visceris Obstinatous is neither simple, nor extinct. Indeed, the species has flourished virulently in any of the environs it has occupied, not to mention the fact that it is capable of the very highest functions of life, such as pontification and proselytization.

The sheer tenacity, the sheer adaptability of the species is astounding. Visceris Obstinatous, an evolutionary marvel, was instilled at the very instant of its formation with a survival ability that c***roaches no doubt envy. Its armor of simple-minded resolutivity, thicker and sturdier than any nigh conceivable, is not so much armor at all but the fundamental composition of its being. Peirce it, rend it, slash it, shred it -- it matters not; armor is but a protective husk, unable to sustain "fatal" injuries. Viceris Obstinatous has the, indeed, otherworldly component of being nothing but a husk, through and through, unable to be destroyed, nay, or even wounded! Break it into a billion pieces, break the very atoms of each piece into a billion pieces themselves and it will endure: less organized perhaps, but completely and totally ready to resume its tritely horrifying routine of attack and defense once more.

Off topic: You know you really should submit that to the guy who does the Flame Warriors charicatures. :lol:

On topic: I think my JEDI will probably dual wield both short saber either the Mantle of the Force, silver (if'n it's not a rumor), or black (if they actually decide to include it). She will probably be wearing anything similar to Revan's robes, or some uber-sh!t armor like Bandon was wearing if they'll just let me use force powers in certain armors like the baddies; and will focus mostly on Strength, Charisma, Stealth, and Wisdom. She will also focus almost exclusively on Aura (it sounds quite posibly worth it), Dominate Mind, Crush, and Force Storm, and possibly Death Field depending on how much of a tank she turns out to be. As far as skills go, Awareness, Persuade, Stealth, and either Repair, Computer Use or Security. That or I'll just debug and hex like I did the first one after normal play throughs got boring, and just completely max everything out. ;)

I'm very undecided about kotor 2... I might go back to my first character (scoundrel/sentinel, dual wielding) but since you don't play the same person, it'd be a bit wierd. I'll probably still go with dual wielding, perhaps a LS guardian to start with.

Lightside= definatly a jedi guardian if there are new lightsaber stances as the guardian are more combat oriented and will get bonuses and probably a special stance. add that to the new jedi robes that you can see in the demo and the look is complete...will more than likely use a single saber as it is more traditional but duel weild and staff are great...colour either green or probably the mantle of the force colour. :lol: (Definatly play the lightside 50 times over first)

Darkside= not sure about dark pretige classes but i do know that Sith Lord is for those who currupt rather than kill...so its definatly the way i want:) The cool dark robes and a saber staff in blood red. <_< (who needs a darkside player anyway, if it is anything like the original kotor the it will be mere thug work...kill this....stab him....mug the old lady :lol:

I'll probably be a Guardian my first time through, and I'll try to play it like the first one.

I started out trying to be a nice guy, but once I became a Jedi there were times I found the Dark Side tempting. The farther I was along the Dark Side path, the more frequently I chose to be evil. Sometimes the evil acts were just getting money from people, because I needed the money to help me in my quest to find the Star Forge....but the Dark Side is very seductive, and my character fell. The big change happened in Korriban. I did Tatooine and Kashyyyk first, and came out a relative lightsider. But after Korriban I was definitely starting to get more and more pale :p

It was neat because I learned after Korriban that I was Revan, so then I embraced it. I became all the way evil about half-way through Manaan, and embraced my true status as the Dark Lord. Made Zalbaar kill Mission, hunted for Carth for a bit (is he hiding anywhere...never did find him), then said screw Carth, I have bigger fish to fry...like he's getting off that planet anyways.

The second time I play through will be all the way goody-goody, most likely as a Consular.

The third time will be as one evil dude....probably still a Guardian though....don't care much for the Sentinel....although the Prestige Classes may change things.

I'll probably be a Guardian my first time through, and I'll try to play it like the first one.

I started out trying to be a nice guy, but once I became a Jedi there were times I found the Dark Side tempting. The farther I was along the Dark Side path, the more frequently I chose to be evil. Sometimes the evil acts were just getting money from people, because I needed the money to help me in my quest to find the Star Forge....but the Dark Side is very seductive, and my character fell. The big change happened in Korriban. I did Tatooine and Kashyyyk first, and came out a relative lightsider. But after Korriban I was definitely starting to get more and more pale :p

It was neat because I learned after Korriban that I was Revan, so then I embraced it. I became all the way evil about half-way through Manaan, and embraced my true status as the Dark Lord. Made Zalbaar kill Mission, hunted for Carth for a bit (is he hiding anywhere...never did find him), then said screw Carth, I have bigger fish to fry...like he's getting off that planet anyways.

The second time I play through will be all the way goody-goody, most likely as a Consular.

The third time will be as one evil dude....probably still a Guardian though....don't care much for the Sentinel....although the Prestige Classes may change things.

If you play as a female Darksider, complete Carth's 'messenger' quest, and don't kill Dustil, than he shows back up on the Ster Forge, after you defeat Malak, and you can gut that snivelling meatbag like he deserves. :D

What exactly is Carth's Messenger quest. I have done most of the sidequests but not Carth's or Juhani's (both of which I am trying to do now).

I have been revealed to be Revan now though, so I don't know if I may be too far along in the game.

What exactly is Carth's Messenger quest. I have done most of the sidequests but not Carth's or Juhani's (both of which I am trying to do now).

I have been revealed to be Revan now though, so I don't know if I may be too far along in the game.

Talk to Carth as much as you can as unbearable as it is, you'll know you've triggered it when you get off the ship with Carth and a guy approaches you (in the normal messenger quest trigger area, the spaceport of whatever planet you're on) and tells you that Carth's son is alive and training in the Sith Academy on Korriban. When you go to Korriban and gain entrance into the Academy, he should be in the same row of rooms as you are. You have to gain Dustil's trust by choosing the right convo options (obviously the more friendly ones, don't wanna gut him if you wanna gut Carth), steal a datapad from Uthar's room to show him how 'evil' the Sith are....and that's that. :p

But as said earlier, you can only have the final showdown and gutting of Carth if you're playing through with a female PC. :)

Yuthura... yes please!

With the new powers/feats/classes I really have no idea what kind of character to create. Have to give the game manual some serious ogling before any type of character forms in my mind.

Hades One is a gamer/rpg fan and is simply expressing his opinion. That is the point of these forums, isn't it ?. A forum is a place where people express their opinions. Has been since ancient times. You don't like an opinion, fine, you don't have to.

Criticism of KotOR2 (or anything else for that matter) DOESN'T mean " I hate your guts, hope you die horribly ", it simply means " I disagree with this ".

So PLEASE give this nonsense a rest.

anyone who wishes to use the mantle of the force crystal again will have to get it from Revan, I guess. If you look at screenshots #26 and 27 on www.swkotor.com, one of the first game's Revan types seems to wield a lightsaber which I think has the mantle of the force color (or whatever the turquoise-like one was called). btw the pic. resembles how we first encountered Jolee fighting beasts in his hideout in the wilderness; that does invoke a few ideas about what the LS Revan ended up doing.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I'm very undecided about kotor 2... I might go back to my first character (scoundrel/sentinel, dual wielding...

You can't. Obsidian, in their infinite wisodm of game design :p removed the ability to play a scoundrel from the player. No Scoundrel PCs for the players.

Hades One is a gamer/rpg fan and is simply expressing his opinion. That is the point of these forums, isn't it ?. A forum is a place where people express their opinions. Has been since ancient times. You don't like an opinion, fine, you don't have to.

The problem is that Hades One continuously regurgitates it. Look around the forums and you'll see what I mean.