JEDI PLAYGROUND

Do you think they should have more sidequest related minigames  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should have more sidequest related minigames

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't make a difference if its fun

In the last game I loved the racing, arena, and gun turrent minigames. I believe they should have included more sidequests related minigames.I know they are putting the old games in this one but I think they should go deeper and be more inter-planet related unlike in the last game. What do y'all think?

In the last game swoop racing would have been better if the race results and circuits had been interconnected planet to planet or let you customize your swoop. Dueling also should have had a bigger role. They could make upgrading your swoop another game in itself.

Yah and if there was no racing lag making it impossible despite how fast your computer is. Just an annoying and random glitch I was unlucky enough to have. But I also agree about the upgrades. People said buy some upgrades for your bike and "we have the best swoop bike upgrades" in stores, but you couldn't do anything about it.

I'd say yes, as I'd love to have a kick ass version of swoop racing similar to the hovercraft races in Beyond Good & Evil....but I suspect that the Black Isle and **** fanboys will be in here to complain about 'twitch' games pretty soon... :)

Beyond Good and Evil.

A great example on how to mix genres. Stealth, racing, third person fighting/adventure, puzzles... Great stuff alround. The storyline was good too, and the music was great.

Too bad it sold terribly.

*sigh*

I'd say yes, as I'd love to have a kick ass version of swoop racing similar to the hovercraft races in Beyond Good & Evil....but I suspect that the Black Isle and **** fanboys will be in here to complain about 'twitch' games pretty soon...  ;)

Beyond Good and Evil.

A great example on how to mix genres. Stealth, racing, third person fighting/adventure, puzzles... Great stuff alround. The storyline was good too, and the music was great.

Too bad it sold terribly.

*sigh*

Yes, as of the first time I played it it climbed to the rank of my all time favorite game. If anything was hinted at in the first one though, and if Michel Ancel (Ubi's Shiggy Myamoto) has his way, than I expect there will be a sequel. The bad sales were only because of dismal advertising (like two spreads in a couple gaming magazines consisted of 'advertising') and the fact that Ubi released three games that should have all went gold at the same time (XIII, PoP: Sands of Time, BG&E). Anyone who's played it should see that it's something special, from the way they've paid sooooo much attention to every single detail in the game, to the way they pull off a cartoony looking, yet intellectual game, to the way the choreography and voice acting was done, not to mention that this game manages to pull off philosophical and religious implications like the Matrix Trilogy, without becoming boring. I think my favorite moment has to be racing across the rooftops running away from General Kehck, right when the slo-mo kicks in and it looks like all is lost, and then.....well, you know what happens. :lol:

There is an official petition for a sequel located HERE for everyone who hasn't already done so, sign it, and for those that haven't already bought it, you need to go do so, if you have a fairly high end system, I suggest you buy it on PC, if you have a lower end system, I suggest X-Box, though it's on ALL platforms. The forums for Beyond Good & Evil's Off Topic/General Discussion section is also located HERE, and a review from my most trusted gaming media outlet (Gamespot) is located HERE. Not that you really need one, as every single farcking review I've seen has been in the 8-9 ranges, or the equivalent of whatever scoring sytem the reviewer's are using. ;)

Well some of us have to prove there is inteligent life on Earth.

This would have been a better comeback if you had spelled intelligent correctly.

Better luck next time pal.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

The REAL problem was that the mini-games were too tough for those not used to twitch games and WAAAYYYY too easy for those who have played twitch games their whole lives (such as yours truly.)

I've never, not once, lost one of those space shoot-outs. Not even the first time I played when it caught me off-guard. I don't say this as bragging, as I think I'm the rule rather than the exception for anyone who has ever played a first person shooter. It was so laughably easy that I didn't look forward to it.

As such, I'm happy to hear their solution; you don't have to play the mini-games, but they're there if you want to play them. And hopefully now that everyone who plays them is someone who wants to play them, they can make things a bit more interesting by increasing the difficulty.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

The REAL problem was that the mini-games were too tough for those not used to twitch games and WAAAYYYY too easy for those who have played twitch games their whole lives (such as yours truly.)

I've never, not once, lost one of those space shoot-outs. Not even the first time I played when it caught me off-guard. I don't say this as bragging, as I think I'm the rule rather than the exception for anyone who has ever played a first person shooter. It was so laughably easy that I didn't look forward to it.

As such, I'm happy to hear their solution; you don't have to play the mini-games, but they're there if you want to play them. And hopefully now that everyone who plays them is someone who wants to play them, they can make things a bit more interesting by increasing the difficulty.

<nods head sincerely>

I lost one time because I was leaving a planet and gotsomething to eat while my ship was flying off when I came back from the kitchen the game was back at the title screen and my cousin told me what had happened that was when I first found out it came up randomly but it is fun. OSW what I am trying to say is that I want them to add a few minigames and make them all more immersive sidequests perhaps spanning between planets. They should have done that with swoop racing and perhaps created a Pazzack tournament.

If they do swoop racing perhaps you have to qualify on lets say 3 planets. After winning them you can enter the galactic swoop racing tournament to see who is the best in the galaxy. They can do something similar for Pazzack. Creating a new lightsaber can with some creative thinking turn into a fun game for those who want to play it.

This would have been a better comeback if you had spelled intelligent correctly.

TripleRRR

:p:):):):wacko:

Back on topic...I wouldn't mind a swoop tournament or a pazaak tournament...but they should refine the first minigames, then move on to the second minigames, if they so please...after the storyline and other stuff of course... :)

TripleRRR

I don't think English is his first language, so knocking the spelling might be unfair.

Its not, buts its OK since anytime someone attacks other people grammer its a indication of something.

I only have problems with barely readable posts since in order to understand then I have to translate english gibberish into english first and its simply more effort that I am willing to spend so I just ignore the post.

I already made my position on mini games known.

drakron.png

You can? Someone said the Sith would board you're ship if you lost, but they were probably spreading BS...

In kotor 2 the sith will board the ship i heard.

Also x box has a glitch or something that doesnt let the ebon hawks health thing go down so you cant lose... witch makes the mini game even more pointless to me.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

In kotor 2 the sith will board the ship i heard.

Also x box has a glitch or something that doesnt let the ebon hawks health thing go down so you cant lose... witch makes the mini game even more pointless to me.

Cool. I don't have that glitch on my Xbox version, or at least I don't think...I never had to look at my healthbar...maybe I do have it... :):blink::unsure::blink: