Clothing upgrades

A simple suggestion is that there should be upgrade options for each NPC's unique clothing. To be more specific, in KOTOR each character had unique clothes; however, I never got to see much of them (except for bastila, carth, canderous) because I had to equip them with stronger armor. I think it's a shame for the game designers to create a cool look for a character just to let it go to waste because we need +4 to defense. I would think it'd be easy to implement this (just throw in some Mesh Underlay slots) and it'd add a lot of style to your characters, while still allowing players to choose other types of armor if they get tired of looking at the same thing.

Yeah, variety is extremely important. My thinking is that if sith lords is like the first KOTOR, the initial clothing that comes with your party's characters (except your personal character) will be the most stylized, detailed, and a big indicator of that character's personality. If the designers just want to create more outfits specific to each character, that's even better.

As for armor having stronger defense bonuses, I agree. But in the first game they used the same model for jedi robes and just made them stronger at each level (Jedi, Jedi Knight, Master), I don't see why they couldn't just let you upgrade your initial robes/clothing as well since you'd be using the same model.

I'd like to see some sort of advantage to NOT wearing armor.

Look at StarWars, if armor was so great, why didn't Luke, Leia and Han wear it at all times? In the first movie they used it as a disguise on the deathstar ;)

I want a clothing store in game. I want boots, gloves, leather pants, jackets and an emerald green silk shirt. I also want some evening wear and maybe some flannel pajamas for when I'm spending two weeks flying through space on the Ebon Hawk.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I agree. The clothing concept would be a good area to improve on. I don't think they will though...too much. Besides the obvious new outfits and a seemingly "looser" jedi robe, we will still have to deal with the skin tight jump suit armed with a useless pistol holster.

Darque:

Well, they knew the Stormtroopers could never hit them

Noni-noni boo-boo.

Maybe they should have some sort of, 'totally unhittable' when you're wearing only clothing that sounds good. Save all the AC nonsense for when you're wearing armor. Sounds about like the movies, doesn't it?

I'd prefer to see a better variety when it comes to armor appearance. Too many looked too much alike.

Or have the armor you take from someone look like the armor they were wearing. Calo Nords armor looked completely different on Canderous than it did on Calo.

Or have the armor you take from someone look like the armor they were wearing. Calo Nords armor looked completely different on Canderous than it did on Calo.

Ive heard this too many times and I dont think people understand that the person isnt wearing the armor when you fight them they are wearing their own clothing like all you party members have when they join you. They dont wear their armor they just have it like you have extra armor in your inventory.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I shall explain.

How characters looks is determined by a apperances.2da file, in it there are several rows.

Now Calo Nord looks like that because all of the entries in his entry row are the same, when the armor is equipted on a party member the row the armor looks have a diferent entry that one in Calo, in other works it loads a diferent mesh.

As I remenber there are only about 8 entries for armor and that means there is only 8 meshes for armor, NPCs can "cheat" because they row does not need to use the same entries as the others.

drakron.png

I don't care how KOTOR handled textures and models.

They did a poor job of representing items. If a character wears armor, and his model repesents this armor, when someone else dons the same armor, it should look the same.

Right. Calo Nord's not a good example. Darth Bandon is. The armor you get from him isn't even visable on him. It's just a black jumpsuit.

By the way: devs, if you read this, there are too many bald guys in KOTOR. I can imagine one or two, but, like, nobody had a real haircut except your PC. Everybody was bald or the looked like "Hendar" and had a flat-top.

More guys with hair, if at all possible.

i dunno about u guys but when i was doing the DS and got the evil star forge robes it looked exactly like bandons armor

? Shouldn't do, should be a robe with a hood(down), sort of like a dressing gown.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

i dunno about u guys but when i was doing the DS and got the evil star forge robes it looked exactly like bandons armor

? Shouldn't do, should be a robe with a hood(down), sort of like a dressing gown.

:huh: the LS robe looked like that ; white, hood down and with brown armor on the torso

the DS robe looked exactly liked bandons robes ( when i say looked like bandons i mean when he wore them)

:huh: the LS robe looked like that ; white, hood down and with brown armor on the torso

the DS robe looked exactly liked bandons robes ( when i say looked like bandons i mean when he wore them)

The dark side robe was the same model as the light, just differently coloured. Bandon's gear wasn't a robe at all, just a regular armour model.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

:( the LS robe looked like that ; white, hood down and with brown armor on the torso

The dark side robe was the same model as the light, just differently coloured. Bandon's gear wasn't a robe at all, just a regular armour model.

when he wore them it looked like the star forges DS robes replay the game and look at bandon :huh: