Usage of John Williams SW score?

I know there's an original score being written as I write but Im just wondering if any piece other than the intro music will be used?

I would very much like to have the minor(as in key) part of the main theme (used alot in Episode II but written for the original trilogy) in the game.

or is using more JW stuff than the opening fanfars just too expensive?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Expensive? No. Less original.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I know there's an original score being written as I write but Im just wondering if any piece other than the intro music will be used?

I would very much like to have the minor(as in key) part of the main theme (used alot in Episode II but written for the original trilogy) in the game.

Imperial march!!! You cant have anything about the sith and not have the imperial march! KotOR had it so I see no reason for TSL to be any different ;)

KoTOR did not feature any other piece than the opening fanfar. Or have I gone deaf recently?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Imperial March should definately be in it, but we do need original music, such as character theme music, and area specific music for places such as Dantooine. We would't really want to here the exact same music from manaan on onderon. Well I wouldnt anyway.

Thats the problem with game music, the composers think that it will just be something in the background noone pays attention to. So they put less effort in the music feeling that it would be a waste to blow their best stuff on music noone will hear- thereby fulfilling their own prophecy sort of.

Im not saying I want an all Wlliams score to K2, Im just saying that it would be a great idea to implement two or three parts because it would highten the Star Wars atmosphere.

p.s

just watched all the cutscenes, no imperial march.

I don't think they're bothered too much by not being able to blast away, though the performers might be. It's more like they design the music to be looped and played over and over again, and they don't try to make it so that it gets your attention, so that it fits whatever is on the screen. A movie score can go all out because the scenes are all set up for the movie score, which is something that can't be done with a game. I wonder if John Williams just wouldn't care to do music for a game, because he has a personal relationship of some sort with Lucas, or maybe they just don't want fans of the other high-profile titles they're putting out to scream bloody murder about how unfair it is. I still think RPG fans are much more inclined to care about that, but whatever....

I have artistic qualms against the usage of orignal John William's original score in KotOR. The music was once written with character context, like the imperial march being, you guess it, music to identify the EMPIRE and Darth Vader especially. Starting to use it left and right just because it sounds good cheapens the effect it has in the original movies. Lucas already did it in his Prequel Trilogy and I disliked it very much. If music is used randomly and not for specific scenes, occurences and characters it becomes something like elevator background music.

Another good example is the scene form the orignal Star Wars when Luke looks into the twin suns. Everytime I hear this part of the score the scene comes alife in my mind.

Let the composer write something original, something we can pinpoint to KotOR when we listen to it and not to 5 different movies and 20 games.

I just think it would be a very good idea to have John WIlliams music in 1 or 2 major cutscenes and definently in the end.

..and the original score in the other 95% of the game.

ThankU ThankU ThankU. I knew this day would come sooner later.

Lets hav original music, as well as well known music from the SWUniverse.

Few other SW songs rival this song i beleive. (Called the Old Republic Song)

Edited by KOTORFanactic

The main advantage of KOTOR is the introduction of original characteristic music which I rate as high as Williams' music. Does any SW game has to copy music tracks from movies? Jedi Knight Series is a musical cemetery to me becouse nothing original we won't find in it. Games should expand also musical aspect of Star Wars not rely on too well known Williams' music. To me KOTOR is greater than other RPGs mainly becouse of music and full voice acting.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Imperial march!!! You cant have anything about the sith and not have the imperial march! KotOR had it so I see no reason for TSL to be any different :)

I VOTE FOR IMPERIAL MARCH :)

DUEL OF FATES TOO!

One of the things I liked with Kotor 1 in general, and the music more specifically is that they were able to make it "feel" Star Wars without copying everything from the movies.

If you listen carefully, you will notice that the music in Kotor 1 uses many leitmotivs from JW's music. I applaud Jeremy Soul for what he did : I think he was able to keep the Star Wars "spirit" while making something original at the same time. I hope they keep a similar line with Kotor 2. I prefer to see innovation than "reheated" stuff.

One of the things I liked with Kotor 1 in general, and the music more specifically is that they were able to make it "feel" Star Wars without copying everything from the movies.

If you listen carefully, you will notice that the music in Kotor 1 uses many leitmotivs from JW's music. I applaud Jeremy Soul for what he did : I think he was able to keep the Star Wars "spirit" while making something original at the same time. I hope they keep a similar  line with Kotor 2.  I prefer to see innovation than "reheated" stuff.

Agreed, eventhough the theme "Bastila Shan" was almost directly borrowed from "The Binary Sunset" (A New Hope).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

eventhough the theme "Bastila Shan" was almost directly borrowed from "The Binary Sunset" (A New Hope).

Maybe so, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing is it. I found it to be one of the best music peices in the game.

I prefer original music to reheated stuff true, but the most memorable themes (Bastila's Theme, The Old Republic Theme etc) should remain in KOTOR2 (Bastila's theme if Bastla is in game, and as I hav said before, she most likely will be, if u choose that she survives during the Q&A session. I think that is what will happen).

Edited by KOTORFanactic

eventhough the theme "Bastila Shan" was almost directly borrowed from "The Binary Sunset" (A New Hope).

Maybe so, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing is it. I found it to be one of the best music peices in the game.

I prefer original music to reheated stuff true, but the most memorable themes (Bastila's Theme, The Old Republic Theme etc) should remain in KOTOR2 (Bastila's theme if Bastla is in game, and as I hav said before, she most liekly will be, if u choose that she survives during the Q&A session. I think that is what will happen).

Maybe i should re-phrase myself. "Bastila Shan" was heavily borrowed from the "The binary Sunset", but it wasn't in a bad way at all, the song itself actually showed integrity.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I prefer original music to reheated stuff true, but the most memorable themes (Bastila's Theme, The Old Republic Theme etc) should remain in KOTOR2 (Bastila's theme if Bastla is in game, and as I hav said before, she most liekly will be, if u choose that she survives during the Q&A session. I think that is what will happen).

Maybe i should re-phrase myself. "Bastila Shan" was heavily borrowed from the "The binary Sunset", but it wasn't in a bad way at all, the song itself actually showed integrity.

Pardon me for asking this probably stupid question, but which part of the game could we hear Bastilla's theme? Was it on the rooftop of the temple? Because that musical score I really liked. It sounded beautiful yet tragic sad.