Starting Feats

Any possibilities of their being starting feats that you can only take at the beginning of the game?

You could make your character Force Adept or whatever for the extra FP like the first one, but maybe also Charming, Battle Hardened, or any sort of thing like that. Maybe a feat that lets you make a cross-class skill an actual class skill. (i.e. you could make a Charming Soldier, so that you can be a tough fighter that can still smooth talk his way out of some situations)

Or maybe some easier stuff like Heroic (bonus to combat when HP is low or something). Look no further than IWD2 or NWN (and recursively I assume D&D 3rd edition) if no one has any ideas what I'm talking about :lol:

That is a good idea, considering the fact that you are an experienced Jedi but starting from level 1. A unique 1st level feat would reflect a special trait the character had attained during his Jedi training or the Mandalorian wars. Also there could be some feats like the traits in the Fallout series, giving a significant bonus and a significand penalty at the same time.

Yeah....many of the traits that you would pick at the beginning would take away from something as well.

I never did have the guts to pick Jinxed....although I'm sure it could get pretty funny.

One of the few problems with a character that the player makes is that it's hard for that character to have a personality. These feats that you guys have suggested all seem to try to give the PC an identity. It's a good idea, but would require a rule change and would be really hard for the storyline to manage probably. I've been saying this alot recently, but maybe by KOTOR 3.

If you guys like the mixed blessing traits stuff, you would probably love the unisystem. I'm waiting for them to make a unisystem game since a few months ago when I first started playing (don't laugh it's a really good and fun game) Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG. It's by eden studios. Check it out.

I don't think KOTOR 3 would be necessary for putting in starting feats.

They exist in NWN and IWD2. I would imagine all they would have to do would be set a flag that you can only pick the feat when your PC is level 1.