IQ Test

ramza

I found this fun IQ test at:

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index2.jsp...0quizNoAudio&z=

The only problem is that I only managed to get my IQ score (126) and I couldn't get the detailed IQ report... I clicked on the damn thing but it was telling me "page error" (or something like that)... Have you met the same problems?

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I did it just for the fun of it... After reading the whole thing carefully, the website says that I do have to pay a little something to get my IQ report but they also sent a mail (after registering) that I could get my report "at no cost"...

That is very confusing and I guess I will give up...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I took that test a few years back. Each one of my friends all got the same exact score. I think the test may be a little whack.

LOL :lol:

odd, because by definition, 100 is average, i.e. whatever the average is calculated to be, it is set to 100 and the rest is based off of that...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

odd, because by definition, 100 is average, i.e. whatever the average is calculated to be, it is set to 100 and the rest is based off of that...

taks

Well, since so many people have seen and done IQ-tests, the average scores have risen slightly so now the normal IQ is more like 115. It used to be 100 for a normal human.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

some of the tests (stanford binet i thought) adjust accordingly to reflect the current "norm" of society... i wouldn't doubt however, that we are a bit quicker than our ancestors...

taks

Well, any test should reflect 100 being average. If not, the test needs to be redeveloped.

Since IQ = Intelligence Quotient, and the score represents your logical development divided by your actual age. If you are "smarter" than your actual age, your IQ should be above 100. If you have an average intellence for your age, then you have a 100.

Most IQ tests developed these days don't really reflect an accurate quotient at all.

Well, any test should reflect 100 being average. If not, the test needs to be redeveloped.

Since IQ = Intelligence Quotient, and the score represents your logical development divided by your actual age. If you are "smarter" than your actual age, your IQ should be above 100. If you have an average intellence for your age, then you have a 100.

Most IQ tests developed these days don't really reflect an accurate quotient at all.

that's a definition they like to use, though it is a bit skewed from the actual calculation... particularly, it's not really "how smart" you are, but how easily you can learn. that definition works for somebody 6 years old, but not somebody 40 years old... (note that i am neither of those ages :) )

also, the reason some tests let it slip north of 100 is simply because it provides a measure of "growth" of society... at least, that's the rationalization.

taks

true. particularly the on-line tests... those are designed to get you to sign up to their service for a fee... of course :)

taks

The term smart isn't entirely accurate, and thusly I put it into quotations. Most people equate IQ tests = measuring how smart you are

When a baby is born, it has no sense of permanence. When it's mother is out of line of sight, the mother ceases to exist. As the child grows older, it grasps more logic concepts.

Theorhetically, an IQ test measures our ability to grasp certain concepts given our age.

yes... i understood what you meant. mostly just wanted to point out the "imbalance" across ages. IQ tests are generally seen to be much more accurate for young'uns compared to adults. i mean, if you're 60 years old with a supposed IQ of 150, what does it mean to be able to learn as if you were 90? conversely, if you're 6, and learning like a 9 year old, definitely measurable...

taks

I've heard geeks having pissing contests claiming to have 250 IQ's and the like.

Most tests don't even give scores about 140-150 for adults. Some tests max at 150, but then give bonuses to people under certain ages.

Also, I think the "smartest" woman in the world has a 212 IQ or something like that.

marilyn vos savant at 212 (i think that's the right #).

they claim that a # that high is very hard to verify that accurately... it could be more or less, nobody knows how to tell.

for adults, you are correct... we're capped. it's meaningless actually. the difference between learning at 40 and 50 probably is the difference between, say, 10 and 15. the former conveys an IQ of 120 while the latter 150. i think the mensa test is calculated to offset this.

taks

yeah, but they've got the most accurate test. at least up to genius levels... above that the society is called mega (there's one other, but i can't recall the name). that high, however, becomes a self pity society because they can't relate to ANYBODY! :unsure:

taks