Ranged weapons more powerful - why?

yah I've been a SW fan since I could understand the movies. I actually feel like the new movies have disgraced the series. I turn to the books.

I've got most of the books that run from the OT through the last two Zahn wrote before the NJO. I love those,haven't touched the NJO. At first it was because for a number of different reasons I didn't have the time to read and the money to buy them. After gaining both I did a little research on them to find out what order they came in and found out a few spoilers and such about them. Didn't care for a few of the directions they took the things. I 've heard mixed reviews about the series some love 'em and others hate 'em.

Personal taste coming into play again.

You more a fan of the NJO or the older style?

I'm not really sure if I like the njo or hate it. I've read all but the last book. Some books are good, others are confusing and crappy.

With the influx of new writers (not SW writers), the NJO has improved in Sci-fi quality, but lost the SW feel somewhat. I'm not sure if the sacrafice was worth it.

Well, I'm honestly not sure if the gains balance the loss. I mean, the writing is often better...but it's not SW as much anymore...

either way, they need to split up the series better. How many books in that one series have there been LOL.

Well, I'm honestly not sure if the gains balance the loss. I mean, the writing is often better...but it's not SW as much anymore...

Could you give an example? And don't worry about spoilers,least for me,most of the big ones I know all ready.

either way, they need to split up the series better. How many books in that one series have there been LOL.

I don't know,a lot.*LOL*