Ability to block/dodge a lightsaber throw?

You know when I first saw it I didn't even think it was a force power. I just thought vader was really good. Now it's been blown way out of proportion as a surprise tactic to a full fledged force power, and then run into the ground(ever see idiots running around with a lightsaber hovering in front of him and force chocking everyone into lava?).

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

You know when I first saw it I didn't even think it was a force power. I just thought vader was really good. Now it's been blown way out of proportion as a surprise tactic to a full fledged force power, and then run into the ground(ever see idiots running around with a lightsaber hovering in front of him and force chocking everyone into lava?).

Vader appearently didnt use the Force to throw the saber. In games it is considered as Force power, `cause you have control on the flying saber hilt and you actualy USE the Force to control it.

As for the dodge and block: isnt there an attack roll or i`m mistaking?

as i remember saber throw hasn't an attack roll so one cannot save against it, in reality(well, movie reality :p ) one can stop a saber throw with his saber skills

an on a side note - this a second thread about this thing you have started Eddo36 and the other one got closed due to redundancy - the last post was something about malak catching the lightsabre in his mouth and thus the missing jaw so it has been discussed

Although I think that force power should stay in the game(s), its accuracy must be affected by either the target's saving throw (reflex) or Defence Rating. Both - the successful saving throw and a dodge (Defence Rating) should negate the damage completely. Why completely? Because the 'thrower' doesn't have enough time to alter the lightsaber's flight tragectory in just one round (yes, it is a game), so if you manage to avoid the lightsaber on its initial approach you're clear.

Personally, I prefer the reflex save, as we don't see a lot of cortosis-reenforced armour suits. As well, in that case, devs could finally make better use of the Uncanny Dodge feat (of the classes that'll have it) and implement it so that even if the character with the feat fails a reflex save against the thrown lightsaber they take only half damage (yes, sort of like Improved Evasion feat of NWN). Not many characters have this feat (only Scout class in KotOR), so that wouldn't make it unbalanced.

Hmm, me likey. ;)