I wanted to be Revan again

Does it not seem to anyone else a bit of a waste redeeming Revan in KOTOR1 only for him/her to disappear alone to some remote planet whilst the rest of the Jedi are hunted down by these new Sith Lords? Hadn't we just made him a freakishly powerful Jedi Knight? After failing the Order once why would he go into hiding while they are wiped out? Vandar said at the end of the 1st game that his/her destiny was just beginning & there would be more adventures etc. I kinda assumed that meant the sequal would involve Revan.

I know they said they had to use a new character 'cos of the light/darkside choice thing meant they didn't know how people had made Revan turn out & didn't want to ruin our image of him/her; but nearly all of us will have completed it using both storylines, so we have both images in mind for Revan. They could still have carried on from the lightside ending.

After all, even if we'd made him light, whose to say he'd remain like that? The whole thing about the darkside is that it's a constant danger. Couldn't we have had a storyline where he/she's tempted again (using the love theme of the 1st game maybe Bastila/Carth go evil & use their realtionship to try to turn you - always thought Bastila seemed easy to turn dark, or some new Sith Lord kidnaps/kills them and you go beserko).

Besides where Revan is Bastila & HK won't be far behind. HK was just comedy gold. Can't see him being around as much in the new game, or being quite as funny without Revan given his total loyalty to him/her, plus Revan created him, they belong together. As for Bastila, I enjoyed winding her up while they were flirting and seeing her react all prudish (& did u see her dominatrix gear after she went DS??).

P.S Also, after making Revan a Jedi Knight I'd have liked to have been given the opportunity to make him a Master. (or to guide him to a total domination of the galaxy).

Does it not seem to anyone else a bit of a waste redeeming Revan in KOTOR1 only for him/her to disappear alone to some remote planet whilst the rest of the Jedi are hunted down by these new Sith Lords? Hadn't we just made him a freakishly powerful Jedi Knight? After failing the Order once why would he go into hiding while they are wiped out? Vandar said at the end of the 1st game that his/her destiny was just beginning & there would be more adventures etc. I kinda assumed that meant the sequal would involve Revan.

I know they said they had to use a new character 'cos of the light/darkside choice thing meant they didn't know how people had made Revan turn out & didn't want to ruin our image of him/her; but nearly all of us will have completed it using both storylines, so we have both images in mind for Revan. They could still have carried on from the lightside ending.

After all, even if we'd made him light, whose to say he'd remain like that? The whole thing about the darkside is that it's a constant danger. Couldn't we have had a storyline where he/she's tempted again (using the love theme of the 1st game maybe Bastila/Carth go evil & use their realtionship to try to turn you - always thought Bastila seemed easy to turn dark, or some new Sith Lord kidnaps/kills them and you go beserko).

Besides where Revan is Bastila & HK won't be far behind. HK was just comedy gold. Can't see him being around as much in the new game, or being quite as funny without Revan given his total loyalty to him/her, plus Revan created him, they belong together. As for Bastila, I enjoyed winding her up while they were flirting and seeing her react all prudish (& did u see her dominatrix gear after she went DS??).

P.S Also, after making Revan a Jedi Knight I'd have liked to have been given the opportunity to make him a Master. (or to guide him to a total domination of the galaxy).

I hate you. <_<

yeh wud hav bin nice, they always seem to stop the games once we becum knights. itd be cool to be a master, doin all kinds of fancy stuff with the force. and yeh itd b nice to c bastila again :lol:

still reckon the new games gonna b ace tho!

Hadn't we just made him a freakishly powerful Jedi Knight? After failing the Order once why would he go into hiding while they are wiped out?

Remorse? Regret? If you killed thousands of people, wouldn't you need some time to yourself? As for DS, more possibilities:

DS Male with love for Bastila: Someone went the betrayal route, killed Bastila, Revan went the vengaence route, blew up the Star Forge...and so forth...

DS female: Harder to explain...maybe just went soft, after seeing all those puppies and clothes on sale...

Vandar said at the end of the 1st game that his/her destiny was just beginning & there would be more adventures etc.

Maybe you are involved in those adventures, after all, the Force works in mysterious ways...

Actually, you couldn't have continues as Revan because they way the first was built, you know, couldn't continue saves...and if you want a new Revan, how plausible is that? Another mindwipe? That would ruin the story...and what do you have against DS? :unsure:

No rehashing please...

personally i think its a horrible idea (no offense this is my opinion). I actually really hated it when i found out i was revan in the first one because then its like it wasnt my character anymore it was a character the game gave me and made me play as.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

From what I understood Revan is definetily going to play a key role in the new story. If you are considered the last Jedi and Revan followed the path of Light then he/she will surely try to help you escape the Sith and try to rebuild the order. If Revan followed the path of Darkness then he/she will try to destroy you at some time in the game, or even fight you him/herself. If Revan makes an actuall appearance in the game, how would he/she look like. I read somewhere that you could preordain if Revan was a man or a woman, thing which would make sence only if you truly meet Revan at person. As a dark lord Revan could keep the old outfit and the only addition required whould be a voice depending purely upon Revan's gender. But as a Jedi Revan's face would be uncovered... :ph34r:

From what I understood Revan is definetily going to play a key role in the new story. If you are considered the last Jedi and Revan followed the path of Light then he/she will surely try to help you escape the Sith and try to rebuild the order. If Revan followed the path of Darkness then he/she will try to destroy you at some time in the game, or even fight you him/herself. If Revan makes an actuall appearance in the game, how would he/she look like. I read somewhere that you could preordain if Revan was a man or a woman, thing which would make sence only if you truly meet Revan at person. As a dark lord Revan could keep the old outfit and the only addition required whould be a voice depending purely upon Revan's gender. But as a Jedi Revan's face would be uncovered... :ph34r:

Verifying whether or not Revan was a man or a woman could be used simply for he/she identifiers.

I really REALLY hope this will be the last Star Wars game obsidian ever makes, the lamers are just impossible to bear...

^agrees about the lamers, which Opus131 probably thinks of me as...

All i ask is for people to think about what they are going to say.

At the end of KOTOR, Revan is about as strong as Yoda, how in the bloody hell are you going to make a game out of that ?!?

Or i ask if for people to think about what they are going to say.

At the end of KOTOR, Revan is about as strong as Yoda, how in the bloody hell are you going to make a game out of that ?!?

That got me to thinking. If the plan all along was to make 2 (or 3, or 4) KOTOR games, perhaps they should have done so in a less progressive way. Take the movies for example. Luke Skywalker started to learn about the Force in the first movie. He saved the day, but was still very low in terms of Force ability by the end of ANH. In ESB, he gradually got stronger. Then in RotJ, he was pretty much a "maxed out" character.

If LA had made this transition mandatory, you (the PC) could have been Revan through the whole game. Except maybe the "twist" didn't occur until the 2nd or 3rd game. First game, you play through mainly as a soldier/scout/scoundrel, then near the end you go to Dantooine and learn the basics of Jedi training. Then at the end you save the day (for whatever was THAT given day's peril). Then in KOTOR2, you play through as a Jedi Padawan, learning to use the Force. At the end, you're told about who you are, and perhaps THAT is how the game ends. The final game, you play through as a Jedi battling inner demons at learning who you are, and your path can either lead you to becoming a Sith Lord or a Jedi Master by the end.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Or i ask if for people to think about what they are going to say.

That got me to thinking. If the plan all along was to make 2 (or 3, or 4) KOTOR games, perhaps they should have done so in a less progressive way. Take the movies for example. Luke Skywalker started to learn about the Force in the first movie. He saved the day, but was still very low in terms of Force ability by the end of ANH. In ESB, he gradually got stronger. Then in RotJ, he was pretty much a "maxed out" character.

If LA had made this transition mandatory, you (the PC) could have been Revan through the whole game. Except maybe the "twist" didn't occur until the 2nd or 3rd game. First game, you play through mainly as a soldier/scout/scoundrel, then near the end you go to Dantooine and learn the basics of Jedi training. Then at the end you save the day (for whatever was THAT given day's peril). Then in KOTOR2, you play through as a Jedi Padawan, learning to use the Force. At the end, you're told about who you are, and perhaps THAT is how the game ends. The final game, you play through as a Jedi battling inner demons at learning who you are, and your path can either lead you to becoming a Sith Lord or a Jedi Master by the end.

I would certainly have performed harakiri if not at the end of the first part, surely at the end of the second. On the other hand if each part lasted as long as the real KotOR then the game as atotal would have a lot more detail, plus the forums at BIOWARE would be overflowing with suicide posts... I think. :ph34r:

I actually never said it'd be a GREAT idea.

I was just saying that came to me as the only logical scenario in which you'd be able to play as Revan the entire series without having to deal with the issue of your character being too strong right after the first game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Agree the one story over 3 games would be difficult to sustain, but why do they always finish SW characters when you become powerful? If your character is really strong why not just give him an equally strong/powerful enemy.

Malak to be fair, was a ****. He spent most of his time running from you and the final fight would have been over in a minute if he didn't have those dead Jedi to recharge himself. Why can't we just have an extremely powerful & smart Sith Lord, one who'd rank along the all-time greats.

That way even starting as a powerful Knight you'd still have a long way to go to become powerful enough to defeat him & they can make game difficult by making the tasks harder, power-up items rarer or stronger enemires (the Dark Jedi on KOTOR were way to easy to kill considering they had a command of the force). After all, Revan is still only a knight at the end of KOTOR & it'd be nice to have a truly powerful Jedi for more than the final level.

Was the weakness of enemies a result of the non-linear planet order? THey didn't want to make anyone have to fight them at lvl 8 and get killed because the person picked that planet to go to first.

I agree that the enemies were way to weak. The original tried to compensate by sending hordes of enemies on the star forge. This wasn't hard, it was just very annoying.

I like the idea that one has a truely hard enemy (though due to Malak's virtual immunity to force powers, scoundrel-consulars had a hard time) who relies on difficulty and skill, not cheapness.

About Revan, in the last game they told us alot about the main character as Revan. If they told us anymore it would cross the fine line between an intricate and cool plot to an extremely repetitive nusciance. If Revan were the main character, that idea would be beaten into the ground and further. I like the idea of starting over as a new character. That's part of the reason I've beaten the game on 6 different files.

First off, I don't care for sequels where this uber-powerful character is suddenly level one again. It doesn't make sense. Just give me a new character and let's start a new story.

Revan had a tough time. How does Revan define himself/herself now? There are a lot of questions and issues to deal with. I think leaving the limelight for a while is very interesting.

And while should Obsidian worry about telling Bioware's story. Let them tell their own.

Agree the one story over 3 games would be difficult to sustain, but why do they always finish SW characters when you become powerful? If your character is really strong why not just give him an equally strong/powerful enemy.

Imagine that, fighting off swarms after swarms of Dark Jedis for the entire game, all as powerful as Palpatine, wow, how fast do you want the Star Wars universe to collapse ?!?