Basic Clothing and hiding Jedidom

I know I heard elsetopic about someone wanting to see lightsabers and other weapons sheathed/holstered, rather than out all the time. That's a great idea. ;) People should react different if someone has their guns out. It should provoke the local authorities or someone. But... Wouldn't a Jedi Robe also do that? Armor might not, but a Jedi robe would be recognized by SOMEONE, and they'd call down the bounty hunters to get you for the Sith lords, I'd think. Normal clothing should be made more important...

And as a side rant to that... Basic clothing should be at least partially interchangable between characters. ;) I mean... no cross dressing (unless you're silly or nuts), but if I'm playing a female main character... I want to be able to put Mira's outfit (minus the rocket launcher) onto my character if I'm tooling around trying to not look like a Jedi, while she's armored. Any chance we'll see an option like that?

Hmm that is a pretty good idea. But as Master Vandar said "you can not hide the fact that you are a Jedi, nor should you." So I think that it would be cool if you could as an option. Like maybe if you kept your robes on it would make you stand out and some people would shy away from talking or helping you for fear of the Sith. And it could bring more battles that way to. If you were dressed normal then it wouldn't happen. That would make it more real like. It probably won't happen as it might be alittle difficult to pull off or it might take too much time to do. But yeah that is a very interesting idea. One I actually wouldn't mind seeing done.

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

I don't think it would be that difficult. In Morrowind, they had a variable that was set to 'true' if you weren't wearing any clothing. People you passed would make comments. They also had variables for being a werewolf, vampire, or ill with the plague.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Only people worth hiding your Jediness from is other force users who can see past your clothing. I doubt most NPCs would want to get involed in anyway with Jedi. They are fully aware of the uberness of the Jedi and Sith. Sometimes being in disguise definitely makes sense though.

Hmm that is a pretty good idea. But as Master Vandar said "you can not hide the fact that you are a Jedi, nor should you."

But that was when there actually was a jedi presence. Presumably, that's no longer the case in TSL.

I'd like to see some more infiltration missions, which usually have a disguise aspect, so I think NPCs should notice your clothing on some occasions. I do, however, doubt it'll be as regular as Morrowind, as Maria mentioned. VO costs do tend to add up.

Hmm that is a pretty good idea. But as Master Vandar said "you can not hide the fact that you are a Jedi, nor should you."

But that was when there actually was a jedi presence. Presumably, that's no longer the case in TSL.

That's exactly the thing. That was when the Jedi were a major force still. With them being hunted down, visibly being one would make you a target. And no, it wouldn't be too hard to do to make people react different. It was done in KotOR 1, on Taris. When you wore the sith uniform around a bit more, they reacted far different than to two dopes in random armors. :blink: They were all scared of you :lol: It was funny.

Aside from that, I want my char to be wearing this. Without the rocket launcher of course, that would stay with Mira. That's why I'd want civilian standard clothing to be interchangable. Maybe it could list as <blah>'s clothing, in the inventory list, for each char's normal clothing? :lol:

7.jpg

Oh yeah my bad. I forgot about that. Sorry it was pretty late when I wrote that it might be hard to make NPC's react different. So yeah I retract that statement. But the part about Master Vandar sayin Jedi shouldn't have to hide that fact they are Jedi I'm still down with even if their presence isn't there. I mean I wouldn't hide it just cuz it'd be like my way of sayin hey Sith look out this is one Jedi who isn't hiding and who isn't going down. Now possibly during a time or two when I'm replayin the game I might but other then that go ahead and put a target on the back of my Jedi robes. :blink:

Yeah that would be very cool to change your PC's clothes with a NPC's outfit. That would be an interesting touch. I know in KOTOR I woulda like to have my character wear Canderous's outfit instead of the soldiers outfit.

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

How would they tell Jedi robes? They're pretty nondescript. They're robes - people might think you're just some odd hermit, like 'Old Ben'.

On the other hand, walking around with a lightsaber and nondescript robes, spouting the Jedi Code, might just get you in trouble.

Honestly, I can't imagine many people would care if you were a Jedi in the common public. A few scripted sequences would work just fine, I think. Having a few sequences where you get attacked randomly by Sith assassins would work as well. You're being hunted, but they don't have any idea what to look for until you're well known.

EDIT: I should rephrase. The PROBLEM with this idea is that you wouldn't know when to have robes on (they are, in fact, armor) and when to have them off, and switching armor in combat is taboo. It would get pretty tedious to switch armor back and forth, even if it were put in the interface like the weapon swapping. Especially considering the difficulty involved - you get bounty hunters, but they fail. Then you run into another person, they call bounty hunters, it fails. What does this add to the game? Would you know, realistically, who told on you or who might tell on you, and where not to wear jedi robes? Might as well just do what I offered above.

Agree, besides its the Rim ... look at how only Anakin found out about Qui Gon being a jedi in Ep. 1 because of seeing his LIGHTSABER, not because of his dress code.

Jedi wear robes but they dont indicate anything, lightsabers on the other hand do but what is the point?

drakron.png

As some people have stated, the robes wont give it away only the lightsaber would and i agree with that because thinking about the movies alot of people wore robes and no one ever thought anyone was a jedi just be the robes.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

This could lead to some fun situations: Planting a fake lightsaber on someone to draw the asassins' efforts away from you. Perhaps a DS path, but it'd get you out of danger.

But robes on their own shouldn't identify you as being anything, other than someone with no fashion sense.

I don't thing disguises are neccessary, however I do think that your lightsaber should be inside of your robe which makes for cool scenes where there's danger and you whip it out of nowhere and it ignites and you slice some dude up...

kinda like in Ep2 where the female bounty hunter changling is about to attack Obi-Wan and he whips the saber out...

I haven't heard any dev's mention a feature like that.

I find it sort of odd that they run around with their saber in hand everywhere they go. Maybe have a holster appear on the person (or always be there anyway) for whatever weapon they wield and when they're in a non-combat area and wielding it, it disappears into the holster. (animations would be nice, of course) This would remove the tedium of exchanging your inventory to satisfy the locals, and implement the roleplaying atmosphere people want when they ask for such reactions when you run around with weapons drawn. You still have the weapons showing so they don't just appear out of nowhere, and you still have the forced draw key, of course, so if you wanted to scare someone...

Yes, quasar, you see the light.

Yeah, it would be difficult to hide from Sith. You could still say you wanted to switch and pretend to be with them, and they'd say, "Excellent, we can corrupt, mutilate or kill him at our leisure," then you'd backstab them.

I imagine that not all Sith could recognize you, though - it'd depend on their power and how weary they were. I suspect they'd have to look at and talk to you for a while before they knew if you were a lightsider.