An Online idea...

Um. Okay...

So I thought it would be cool to have an online mode in KotOR2. A duel ring like the one on Taris in KotOR and you can fight your character against other's characters...

it would end all the "my character's better than yours" things...I think this would be really cool.

Feedback, please.

i think thats a cool idea

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So I thought it would be cool to have an online mode in KotOR2. A duel ring like the one on Taris in KotOR and you can fight your character against other's characters...

it would end all the "my character's better than yours" things...I think this would be really cool.

Wait, wait, wait... you're saying a duel between two player's characters - which is basically there to determine which character is better - would end the "my character's are better than yours" discussions?

In fact, wouldn't this kewl idea just increase those discussions because now, players would have the opportunity to actually show how their characters might be good?

Am i the only one that played "Spot The Contradiction"?

I think Star Wars RPG dueling would be fine.

But Revan vs Revan vs Revan vs Revan?

All the characters are Jedi. All had the same options to pick up the same equipment over the course of the game. The characters would largely be the same.

heh, the online feature would sorta suck. first of all, everyone is a different level. that would be weird having a level 5 vs a level 18, right?

people would find a way to take advantage of it. every online game has it, that certain amount of people who find a way to cheat.

it would play differently, and there would be the 100-200 people crying over how theres no romance in multiplayer

what would the announcer say when he introduces the people? would everyone be 'the mysterious stranger'?

and, last but not least, it would cost a lot of time and money to create i guess. everyone would most likely have to register, they would need servers, admins, and all the other stuff it takes to run a multiplayer game.

but there are plenty of other multiplayer star wars games, you might want to try jedi academy if you like online lightsaber duels. great game.

Also, wasn't it specifically mentioned in the June EGM article that other than downloads (and inevitable patches, especially if it is a Dec. release date) that there would be absolutely NO ONLINE SUPPORT (ie multiplayer, co-op)

But in KotOR2 there will be more diversity.

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh that is rich. More diversity? HAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!

MY GOD HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING? :blink:

You play a human, no change, no diversity.

You play a Jedi which all the classes play basically the same way. No diversity.

Same gameplay, combat style, light sabers, and all the other crap. No diversity.

Where the hell are you getting this more diversity crap from? Sheesh, some people's children. :rolleyes:

But in KotOR2 there will be more diversity.

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh that is rich. More diversity? HAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!

MY GOD HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING? :lol:

You play a human, no change, no diversity.

You play a Jedi which all the classes play basically the same way. No diversity.

Same gameplay, combat style, light sabers, and all the other crap. No diversity.

Where the hell are you getting this more diversity crap from? Sheesh, some people's children. :unsure:

O..kay...buddy...

I meant, not everyone will choose the same class, the same sabers, the same robes, the same faces, the same powers.

:blink:

Not to say about there is no multiplayer code, lets add a extra year of development for this feature alone.

No, two years! Wtf, let's make it three! :lol::blink::wacko:

Also, wasn't it specifically mentioned in the June EGM article that other than downloads (and inevitable patches, especially if it is a Dec. release date) that there would be absolutely NO ONLINE SUPPORT (ie multiplayer, co-op)

Thank the Lord!

Where the hell are you getting this more diversity crap from? Sheesh, some people's children. :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't object to some internet function like that of Beyond Good & Evil which wasn't really multiplayer, but a sixteen digit alphanumerical code that was given out with each save game, and allowed you to input it on the website, and then you're put on a leaderboard, as the code is made up of how fast you'd completed the game, how much you'd completed, etc. The best thing about a feature like this is that it is multiplatform as well, provided the games are similar enough on different platforms. B)

I think that it would be cool to have the dueling arena multiplayer (note: just the arena), but this would be highly impractical and implausible. This would require more development time.

Also, this game is great as a single player game with good plot. If KOTOR 2 is partially multiplayer, then KOTOR 3 would try to be more multiplayer and the game would devolve/change from a great single player game to a Star Wars Galaxies Spin-Off.

One last thing: this would not determine whose character is better. Winning would be mostly dependent on luck. There would be far more arguments about winning just because of luck. Think about it...I use flurry, two weapons, and master speed. I think i have 5 attacks. That means whoever attacks first kills if they have a little bit of luck on their rolls. Likewise, if someone has bad luck for one game, they might loose to someone half their level. This would be even more dependent on lck if critical strike is thrown into the mix.

I think that it would be cool to have the dueling arena multiplayer (note: just the arena), but this would be highly impractical and implausible. This would require more development time.

Also, this game is great as a single player game with good plot. If KOTOR 2 is partially multiplayer, then KOTOR 3 would try to be more multiplayer and the game would devolve/change from a great single player game to a Star Wars Galaxies Spin-Off.

One last thing: this would not determine whose character is better. Winning would be mostly dependent on luck. There would be far more arguments about winning just because of luck. Think about it...I use flurry, two weapons, and master speed. I think i have 5 attacks. That means whoever attacks first kills if they have a little bit of luck on their rolls. Likewise, if someone has bad luck for one game, they might loose to someone half their level. This would be even more dependent on lck if critical strike is thrown into the mix.

Plus my hexxed and debugged out PC would pwnz0r just about anyone else's. :lol:

Has anyone here played Obiwan multiplayer or Enter the Matrix multiplayer?

Games that have multiplayer as an after-thought suck. Either the game should be developed with multiplayer focus or not. Great single player games do not necessarily make great multiplayer games and vice versa.

Feedback, please.

Plz die.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta