Should this game have the option to ride mounts?

Should the game have drivable animals or other mounts?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game have drivable animals or other mounts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe So

I would like to see mounts or being able to drive land speeder. Frankly, having a scene where the PCs are driving in one speeder with Dark Jedi chasing them in theres, shooting back and forth would be interesting.

Wrong game. Try Galaxies.

Dear Obsidian Entertainment,

I want this really great CRPG. I want total control, lots of areas, lots of gameplay, and replay value. It better look great, and have tons of different voice actors for my character.

Oh, and add multiplayer.

Complete it tomorrow, and sell it cheap, or maybe I'll just pirate it.

And do a free MMORPG when you're not busy.

Cater to me already.

-- Disgrunted Fan

The only game I've felt a need for a mount in was Gothic/Gothic 2. You had a huge world, lots of space between the different camps, and no alternatives when it came to traversing those distances. Gothic/Gothic 2 involves a lot of running.

The most disappointing mounts I've ever seen were in Morrowind. You had these huge, long-legged beasts standing outside every town looking neat and offering you a ride for almost no money at all. The first time I saw the I was like "NEAT!! Let's go riding!" because I thought you'd actually sit on top of those strange creatures while the world around you just zoomes past. Instead you're rewarded with a loading pause everytime you try to ride those creatures and end up in the destination without even a small movie or anything. Just like teleportation. BAH!

KotOR doesn't need mounts because the levels are so small. But mounts is a great idea in games where you actually have some space to move within. I'm hoping Obsidian's next project will have a huge world and several upgradable mounts (actually cars).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I would like to see mounts or being able to drive land speeder. Frankly, having a scene where the PCs are driving in one speeder with Dark Jedi chasing them in theres, shooting back and forth would be interesting.

They could easily do something like that in some sort of minigame....although they would need to either make it skippable or extremely easy for the non-twitch gamers.

How about a way to skip it by having the PC suggest who drives....if you choose not to drive, show a cinematic or something to fill it in.

• 3 weeks later...
Drakon:

"Its clear the sexual tension with Maria and Revan they are trying to hide with this flame war."

You've uncovered the heart of this matter. Much like the bond between Alexia and yourself, the torrid passion between us cannot be denied.

Now that was entertaining ;)

Morrowind was the only game I've played where I felt mounts and other transportation was really required.

Its too bad they removed the Horse/Carriage that was in Daggerfall. Riding horses would added a (minor) thrill to Morrowind, instead of trudging around slowly on foot where the boats/porters/giant insects didn't go.

Well there was also the stronghold teleportation system which was actually expanded upon in an official mod for the PC version.

I usually just fly around or use boots of blinding speed so I don't mind it too much but it would have been a nice touch to ride horses or similar animals