Jedi Or Sith

wait...what? i thought this was about what we are gonna be? if it is im gonna be a jedi first time. and i hope u can be a sith sooner

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

will you actually get a choice to join sith this time or do you do the same thing you did in kotor 1?

Sith all the way, and im not gonna play LS either! :ph34r: But the trailer strongly suggests you will be able to join the sith, when, I dont know, but with the prestige classes, sith lord/maurauder/assassin, and the game haveing an overall more darker feel to it, it looks promising B)

It still is, it's just not an RPG you would play. Lots of game masters restrict character class choices to fit the scope of the game, and players understand that such limitations are made to increase the enjoyment of the game, not decrease it. *shrug* Ah well, I'll stop derailing the thread now.

*smacks self*

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

A lot of bad DMs mke up such crap were player are forced to act for their enjoyment.

I never limited choices, if they dont want ... fine, their choice but any choice they made have a impact.

Also my players were smart to recognize the "herding" into the main story but I never pull that crap about being forced to join a side if they dont to, playing with their curiosity and greed works far better that shove then in a room and force then to be Jedi is crap I will NEVER pull, its a sign of bad DM and storytelling.

Also I never pull the crap of using a player character for my use as a DM, the player put effort and time on his development and far from me to steal it, that is another example of DM abuse.

And last I always taken a lot of time to study the setting and remain to be truth to the source material, most due to the fact I cannot expect players to understand all the changes I made and their character background can be off and affect their roleplaying.

I have nothing against "FF" type of RPGs but AT LEAST they dont mask the fact we are playing a pre-generated character with a pre made path were they can only progress the story, unlike some other games that try to hide with a senseless character generation system and meanless dialogue choices.

drakron.png

I have nothing against "FF" type of RPGs but AT LEAST they dont mask the fact we are playing a pre-generated character with a pre made path were they can only progress the story, unlike some other games that try to hide with a senseless character generation system and meanless dialogue choices.

So does KOTOR. They plainly advertise that you will be a specific character who is involved in a specific timeline of events.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Thats crap, they say nothing of that kind.

The player character just ends up being Revan but then they go around making Revan as mind blanked and underdeveloped as the main character ... I never get why some people like Revan since s/he show N-O-T-H-I-N-G in relation to a personality.

And that was at the expense of the main character own evolution, a half assed job in both directions.

I rather play Tidus, despite having a personality that I dislike he actually had one.

drakron.png

I meant KOTOR 2, since you're already slamming the game before it's released.

It's stated quite clearly that you're a vet of the mandalore wars and that you follow a specific path.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So what?

Are you going to tell me with a strait face someone that was literaly kicked out of the Jedi Order would want to returm to then because those appear to be the choices ... Jedi Moron or Sith Bully.

I would take the "screw then" and do my own thing but I bet the game is going to lock me in a room and force me two choices and none of then I want to take.

Bad design.

drakron.png

That's your opinion, and that's perfectly fine for YOU. You expect the game to play out a certain way and that's fine. But to suggest the game is flawed because it doesn't match YOUR view is rather arrogant.

But apparently KOTOR wasn't so bad, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten all the recognition it did in the gaming press.

But I suppose your opinion is worth more than the entire gaming press huh?

That's your opinion, and that's perfectly fine for YOU.  You expect the game to play out a certain way and that's fine.  But to suggest the game is flawed because it doesn't match YOUR view is rather arrogant.

But apparently KOTOR wasn't so bad, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten all the recognition it did in the gaming press.

But I suppose your opinion is worth more than the entire gaming press huh?

heh, well said ;)

You mean XBox gaming press dont you ....

Xbox press are a bunch of overhyped idiots, they hype everything as the second comming of Christ, not the rest is much better but at least they lack the "PS2 envy" that marks Xbox gaming press ...

Besides its not like there are many RPGs for the Xbox ... in the land of the blind the one with one eye is king.

SW:KotOR is a decent game but its hype is completely off the scale of how good it happens to be.

drakron.png

Nope, I mean all gaming press. PC Gamer named it game of the year, Computer Gaming World did likewise.

Listen, I don't have a problem with people stating their opinion and whatnot. But you're coming across as arrogant by making it sound like it's a FACT that KOTOR sucked or wasn't a good game. It's not a fact. It's your opinion.

Well you are the one trying to point out that since the (sellout) gaming press said stuff about it then it must be a great game.

Driv3r got good press and it still sucks, I dont trust those articles that are more for getting ads from publishers that anything else, I rather read reviews before buying anything.

The only "fact" is that SW:KotOR have some ... features that were bad, I doubt you are going to find anyone saying good things about the combat model (that have a screw up dificulty curve) or the PC interface.

But what do I know ... its not like I am a fanboy of the SW:KotOR that considers then perfect games ...

drakron.png

Again with the miscontrued facts.

I'm not a fanboy. I know there are things wrong with KOTOR and there are things about the game that frustrated me to no end as well. Apparently anyone who disagrees with your point of view is a)wrong and B)a fanboy.

That's exactly what I'm talking about with your arrogant assumptions. There are dozens of games that scored high ratings that I didn't like when I played them, but the difference is I'm not so arrogant that I'd paint them all as "sucky" or "hyped up" just because I personally didn't enjoy them.

Driv3r sucks, I own it and despite the large number of fanboys that tried to defend it its scored 5s (and some 6s) in sites such as GameSpot.

Getting a "5" sould not be bad if at this times a "7" is what we can considered to be a adverage game score.

Hype is part of the marketing these days, every sticking game is now pretty much "revolutionary" and "the best game of its type" even if its just another clone based on existing technology, its not odd since they want to sell the game and marketing people have no problem in lying.

A example of overhype is Fable, a lot due to comments of "proposed" features that end up not being in the game due to the fact they cannot spend half a century on making a game.

drakron.png

Driv3r sucks, I own it and despite the large number of fanboys that tried to defend it its scored 5s (and some 6s) in sites such as GameSpot.

Getting a "5" sould not be bad if at this times a "7" is what we can considered to be a adverage game score.

Hype is part of the marketing these days, every sticking game is now pretty much "revolutionary" and "the best game of its type" even if its just another clone based on existing technology, its not odd since they want to sell the game and marketing people have no problem in lying.

A example of overhype is Fable, a lot due to comments of "proposed" features that end up not being in the game due to the fact they cannot spend half a century on making a game.

Hey buddy, I think you need to calm down a little bit here. Your opinion has been noted, leave it be. If you think this game is going to be "sucky" why are you here? I mean this is not really that big of a deal for you is it? I guess though you feel like you were swindled right? I mean you bought driv3r without ever renting it, like any rational person, to see if you liked it and wasted all that money. Do you feel you need to come here and start attacking a game that isn't even out yet to make yourself feel better about past mistakes? How about you try this friend? First you start being a little nicer and rational, second when TSL does come out you go to your friendly neighborhood video store and RENT it first to see if you hate it (or by some fluke like it) and, thirdly, if you have any problems with the game complain to other people that didn't like it, make a club, create a website and don't bother the people who did like it unless they go to your site.

Neither.

If I dont get the chance to say shove it to both the jedi and sith then this game is not a RPG.

Why someone would want to play a KOTOR game as a non-jedi is beyond me. Also. you don't have to use your force powers or lightsaber. There are plenty of other weapons you can use.

These militant rpg extremists amuse me.