Walkthrough trailer!!

You could read the text in the tomb section, which may have been complety changed to conceal the plot, but that seems like a lot of trouble for a demo. You can also read what planet the tomb is on.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Actually, it's pretty safe to say that this is the E3 demo being, err... demo'ed. They told everyone that the plot in the demo had nothing to do with the plot in the full game. It's a very, very simple plot too - it can hardly be called a plot. Considering that all the enemies looked like enemies from the first KotOR, including the Sith Master, and that there weren't any names... It doesn't look like much trouble went into it, especially considering how much work goes into the final game. Maybe it took a week to make, and they might have used some stuff they had decided to cut from the final game or something.

ADD: Ohh! Looking at it again, I noticed the first two character's you fight in the Sith tomb are unarmed - Martial Arts of some sort, it looks like from their stance.

No, that's just stupid. People fought unarmed in the first one...

First, what spoilers people? The last bit of text in the video says:

Only spoiler I saw was the white haired Jedi's name was shown as Arren Kae. Was Obsidian so clever they changed it for the video??? Maybe. But I doubt it.

Finally got my chance to see the vid, and as already stated, i didn't find any spoilers. The whole Telos outback was pretty nice, and some newer animations were shown when fighting in the Sith tomb. I had one grip though, and that was Mira's animation when running. It needs some serious tweaking, it looked really stale.

Also, by judging the new screenshots, i see a man in a Sith uniform in your party that uses Canderous' repeating blaster. Could it be...?

We'll see i guess.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yay ;) The walkthrough trailer looked pretty good. My only rant about the interface (PC interface might be different) is that yes, it took up a bit of room. Being able to have several options for action right there, however, is great. And moving it away from the 'above the head' of the target. Just make the buttons and name boxes smaller, and it'd be great ;)

I knew something like this was coming, much like the KOTOR 20 min video preview last year.

Like I said before, I'm not going to view anything like this cause I don't want to be spoiled.

BTW, it isn't like this is going to change my mind to make me view it, but how long is the video?

From what I saw, there weren't really any spoilers. It showed that new bounty hunter, Mira, in action, as well as I think the white haired Jedi. None of the plot or storyline was shown, and none of the end bosses or returning NPCs were shown.

Yeah, the E3 demo "storyline" had nothing to do with the K2 game - it was a conscious decision.

The white-haired chick in the demo isn't Arren Kae - it's just one of the female PC heads you can choose. I don't think the "white haired chick" was in any of the E3 levels, and if she was, then she's a sneaky one.

I knew something like this was coming, much like the KOTOR 20 min video preview last year.

Like I said before, I'm not going to view anything like this cause I don't want to be spoiled.

BTW, it isn't like this is going to change my mind to make me view it, but how long is the video?

From what I saw, there weren't really any spoilers. It showed that new bounty hunter, Mira, in action, as well as I think the white haired Jedi. None of the plot or storyline was shown, and none of the end bosses or returning NPCs were shown.

Yeah, the E3 demo "storyline" had nothing to do with the K2 game - it was a conscious decision.

The white-haired chick in the demo isn't Arren Kae - it's just one of the female PC heads you can choose. I don't think the "white haired chick" was in any of the E3 levels, and if she was, then she's a sneaky one.

Aaren Kae? well this is new.... thanks :lol:

So far all we see is XBox version stuff. I'm a PC version person, so I got a dumb question. Obsidian is making the PC version like the first game, right? :lol:

yup, they are and its going to be released at the same time the xbox version is

wait a dang minute, does that mean they change the name from Atris? OR Atris was wrong? and the white haired chick in Arren Kae now...guesses?

I believe Arren Kae is an example PC made for the E3 demo.

yea, but the way it was said (why do i get the feeling im reading into this):

The white-haired chick in the demo isn't Arren Kae

that implies that there is another true "Arren Kae", doesn't it? That the name is used else where?

I don't think the "white haired chick" was in any of the E3 levels, and if she was, then she's a sneaky one.

that right after the first statement makes it kind sound like Arren Kae is the white haired chick.

I guess I stick with Atris till further notice.

Are you guys saying that the interface shown in the video is exclusively for the Xbox? I hope so, I like the original better... that one is just... large. :unsure:

Those new environments look nice, though. I can't wait to check out the new planets. B)

Look further before that. The save file is in the format: Name at top, area at bottom. Otherwise, Eras Jast (a very KotOR name generator'ish name, might I add) is a place on Telos. Thus, the main character is named Arren Kae, whether or not it's a character you'll have join your party in the full game.

To be honest, I can't wait for the X-box version - and that's the version I'm buying. It'll run on X-box FAR better than my stupid comp. Of course, it would be a far better idea to buy the PC version if you have a good PC... lots of high res, quick loading goodness.

It loads faster on my comp, sure... but the jerkiness makes a lot of wierd glitches and stuff in the engine. To stop that from happening, I'd have to turn off all the fancy lighting and per-pixel effects, which is just stupid - at least the X-box runs with those effects on, and smoothly. I'm sticking to the X-box version, curse it.

Are you guys saying that the interface shown in the video is exclusively for the Xbox? I hope so, I like the original better... that one is just... large. :unsure:

Those new environments look nice, though. I can't wait to check out the new planets. B)

Well, it's consolidated. It looks more complex at first, but it really isn't.

I dunno, I was unsure about the look too... until this. Maybe I've just gone crazy.

True, maybe that is true. But I don't want to see the game in live action until I actually play the game for the first time. I want to have that first time shock of seeing KOTOR 2 in motion for the first time, I want that to happen when I buy the game rather then just view a video of it on the internet.

I'll look at screenshots and stuff, but no videos of it. Watching the 20 min video of the first KOTOR really took the shock out of playing the game for the first time with me.

Don't want that to happen with this one....