TOTJ and KoTOR

In order that another certain thread doesn't get completely derailed, I would just like to go ahead and put this thread up here for those who would like to discuss ToTJ, with or without how it related to KoTOR.

I don't have anything against ToTJ, just the discussion of ToTJ in a non-ToTJ thread. :)

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

*Sigh* non-fans....

Tales of the Jedi is a series of legendary comics from 1990s that for the first time

explored Old Republic Era (long before GL made Phantom Menace). The series established entire setting and key events like fall of the Sith Empire, creation of Yavin Temples (that you can see in A New Hope), Great Sith War etc as well as added new places like Cinnagar, Arkania, Onderon, Dxun, Korriban, Ziost, Cathar, Ambria and new characters like Nomi Sunrider (greatest defender of the light before Luke Skywalker) Ulic Qel Droma, Exar Kun, Master Arca, King Ommin, Beastriders, Mandalorians, Freedon Nadd, Sylvar, Satal and Aleema. The Series is today graphically somehow obsolete but has still great storyline and great movie-like quotes.

These are the chapters of the Tales of the Jedi:

Golden Age of the Sith

Fall of the Sith Empire

Knights of the Old Republic

Freedon Nadd Uprising

Dark Lords of the Sith

Sith War

Redemption

Bane of the Sith (short story)

Tales of the Jedi Companion (RPG sourcebook that expands the setting)

Satisfied?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

wait in that lis how long after knighs of the old republic is dark lords of the sith set? cuz thats freaky if its 5 years.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

wait in that lis how long after knighs of the old republic is dark lords of the sith set? cuz thats freaky if its 5 years.

And the Freedon Nadd uprising in between...now thats freaky, but I'm sure that somewhere on here it is said a million times that the Freedon Nadd episode is before KotOR! I maybe wrong though, can anyone clarify?

And the Freedon Nadd uprising in between...now thats freaky, but I'm sure that somewhere on here it is said a million times that the Freedon Nadd episode is before KotOR! I maybe wrong though, can anyone clarify?

The Freedon Nadd affair was before KOTOR, way before KOTOR. <_<

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Though I am not sure because I have not read any of the Tales of the Jedi comics, I am fairly confident the events and characters of the Dark Lords of the Sith comics and the Sith Lords game are not the same in the same fashion as the events and characters of the Knights of the Old Republic comics and the game weren't the same. So the timeline as far as the game goes has no true relevance to the timeline of the comics (In other words KotOR 2 can happen 5 years after KotOR 1 because the game isn't following the comics of the Dark Lords of the Sith, they're just named similarly).

Again I might be wrong, but there was no Malak and Revan I was aware of in the comics (The comics just served as an inspiration for the game with the backdrop of Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, etc) so Sion is probably not a character from the Dark Lords comics nor are the events in those comics the ones that will appear in the game.

Don't know what to discuss about TOTJ. It was a great series, and made the Mandalorians something Greater than any Fett could ever be.

I've always wanted to know how long the Sith war was though? I hear from a matter of weeks to years. Many sources say taht many battles were faught, not to mention where this Dark Reaper fits in.

Exactly nothing to add.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Though I am not sure because I have not read any of the Tales of the Jedi comics, I am fairly confident the events and characters of the Dark Lords of the Sith comics and the Sith Lords game are not the same in the same fashion as the events and characters of the Knights of the Old Republic comics and the game weren't the same. So the timeline as far as the game goes has no true relevance to the timeline of the comics (In other words KotOR 2 can happen 5 years after KotOR 1 because the game isn't following the comics of the Dark Lords of the Sith, they're just named similarly).

Again I might be wrong, but there was no Malak and Revan I was aware of in the comics (The comics just served as an inspiration for the game with the backdrop of Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, etc) so Sion is probably not a character from the Dark Lords comics nor are the events in those comics the ones that will appear in the game.

Well I'm sure your right concidering the replys so far to this thread, has hardly anyone knowing what the TOTJ was. The Game's themselves will work on their own thing, but make sure that anything that came before it is mentioned, if need be. Though it was said once that Vima Sunrider was to be Bastila Shans character, before she was changed to Bastila. So if that was to happen then KOTOR would have dived deep into TOTJ. Of course there's still rumors going around that the Vima idea was brought to this game.

I will say one thing though, on a completely different subject. The guy who made the Valley of the Dark Lords in KOTOR didn't look to TOTJ for it's source. I mean even Jedi Academy got the Valley remotely right. Though I hear they were able to do one thing fro the Valley in the PC version, which was seperate the tombs. My doing, but I told them either way they would never ever be able to make it right. They would have had go back and change the entire part of the game.

Jedi Academy is more tied to EU and Jedi Tales than KOTOR. Not only Korriban in JA is ancient and same as in TOTJ - also the spirit of Marka Ragnos is identical as

in the comic books, while Ajunta Pall looks like Revan's contemporary (his clothes are patheticaly modern-like everything in KOTOR). Last level of JA beats KOTOR's vision of Korriban completely.

Onderon and Dxun are part of the JAPREAL SYSTEM. Empres Teta Sytem is a different thing (on the other edge of galaxy).

I wonder why Lucasarts official site didn't mention in their KOTOR 2 site that Dxun lies in Japreal system (they say that its in Onderon system but that's wrong)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Don't know what to discuss about TOTJ. It was a great series, and made the Mandalorians something Greater than any Fett could ever be.

I've always wanted to know how long the Sith war was though? I hear from a matter of weeks to years. Many sources say taht many battles were faught, not to mention where this Dark Reaper fits in.

Dark Reaper? sounds cool was he/she powerful

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Jedi Academy is more tied to EU and Jedi Tales than KOTOR. Not only Korriban in JA is ancient and same as in TOTJ - also the spirit of Marka Ragnos is identical as

in the comic books, while Ajunta Pall looks like Revan's contemporary (his clothes are patheticaly modern-like everything in KOTOR). Last level of JA beats KOTOR's vision of Korriban completely.

Onderon and Dxun are part of the JAPREAL SYSTEM. Empres Teta Sytem is a different thing (on the other edge of galaxy).

I wonder why Lucasarts official site didn't mention in their KOTOR 2 site that Dxun lies in Japreal system (they say that its in Onderon system but that's wrong)

I heard Dxun was a moon of Onderon! And I also heard they where both in the empress Teta system, but I'm quite new to this EU stuff so maybe I heard wrong.

Its where the Krath originated right?

The Valley I believe was KOTOR's truely only and Biggest continuity mistake. Though something tha will be looked over if KOTOR gets a comic or book.

Dark Reaper? sounds cool was he/she powerful

The Dark Reaper was a Sith weapons built by Ulic Quel-Droma. He was also the one who helped the Jedi defeat it. The Weapons could harvest the force and use it to suck the life out of Jedi.

After it was defeated, Ulic made sure that the remains of the weapno were sent to different parts of the Galaxy. 4000 years later Dooku would find all the pieces and use it for the clone War, though it was destroyed by Anakin Skywalker.

I heard Dxun was a moon of Onderon! And I also heard they where both in the empress Teta system, but I'm quite new to this EU stuff so maybe I heard wrong.

Its where the Krath originated right?

Onderon is nowhere near the Empress Teta System

Krath were a secret darkside society. They were founded by Satal and Aleema Keto, heirs to the throne of the Empress Teta System. The name" Krath" they took

from the demon that their caretakers were telling them tales about. They stolen

artifacts from the Galactic Museum and later Freedon Nadd empowered the cult.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Krath were a secret darkside society. They were founded by Satal and Aleema Keto, heirs to the throne of the Empress Teta System. The name" Krath" they took

from the demon that their caretakers were telling them tales about. They stolen

artifacts from the Galactic Museum and later Freeon Nadd empowered the cult.

The Comics never say what happened to the Krath/Tetan Army in the Sith WAr comics. We know the Mandalorians got a new Mandalore, and what happened to them afterwards, but nothing on the Tetan army.

"The Valley I believe was KOTOR's truely only and Biggest continuity mistake. Though something tha will be looked over if KOTOR gets a comic or book."

Don't forget that title "darth" didn't appeared before battle of Ruusan 1000 years before TPM. It became ceremonial title of the modern Sith to respect Darth Bane, only survivor of Ruusan and founder of the New Sith ("darth" was Bane's name)

So Malak and Revan are simply Malak and Revan no "darth" with them.

Naga Sadow died on Yavin so what's his tomb doing on Korriban?

And there's no Jedi Council in so ancient times. Every master was independent and led his own school. Decisions were made by massive convocations (like that on Deneba or Exis Station) and only important rank was SPEAKER who guarded order during such convocations - Odan Urr later Nomi Sunrider.

Jedi of that Era normally had wives husbands lovers and children. There were entire jedi bloodlines for example Ulic Qel Droma descended from long line of jedi knights after his mother. So Nomi Sunrider and her husband. So all that Bastila romance crap is most stupid thing after Leviathan's duel. Normally Bastila would be a virgin only if she existed during the Phantom Menace times.

Let's say honestly devs sucked many matters in KOTOR with their false vision of the Jedi. Jedi in KOTOR are taken from Phantom Menace and that's wrong cause they should be portrayed according to EU material. Any of the bioweenies never read Tales of the Jedi Companion, Power of the Jedi and Dark Side Sourcebook.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: