New XBN

For those who have access to XBN magazine, they've been given an exclusive beta test for K2: TSL, and there is an extensive article in the latest issue outlining it, including details of the Q&A session with Kreia at the beginning of the game.

The question of whether or not Revan is male or female is a big factor, apparently.

Here is a review of said article as per CronoT from the Official XBox Forums.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

I just finished reading the article, (XBN 019, Oct. 2004, p.60-64) and I couldn't be more jazzed about this game. As expected, there is a point where the player is asked a question about Revan. However, it's not the question everyone was expecting. The question is, in fact, whether Revan was a man or a woman.

Once again, the Ebon Hawk is found on the first planet you arrive on, or start in, in this game. Your character awakens to find themself in a full body tube tank, kind of like what David Banner was in when they forced his Hulk tranformation. Reminiscient from Zelda: Link to the Past, you're woken up by a female voice in your head calling out to you.

You wake up and get out of the tank, only to find that the area is full of other, similar tanks. Unfortunately for them, they're all dead. You find the only other person still alive, the one who woke you up, ironically, in the morgue. She's appearently been hiding out from someone, since she's been pretending to be dead. Her name is Kreia, and she's a Jedi. she doesn't really give you any help, but she does comment on your near naked state.

After listening to her prattle on for a while, you start to do some exploring. A nearby computer console tells you the Ebon Hawk is docked at the planet you're on, and was severely damaged in a battle with an unknown alien ship. The computer also tells you that two droids are onboard, a protocol droid, and a utility droid. If I have to tell you who those two droids are, you're not a true KOTOR fan. :lol:

You eventually find your way into the minig portion of the complex, and have to put the Smackdown on the mining droids, since they've gone crazy and killed all the people. Next, you find a guy who could be Han Solo's ancestor. His name is Atton Rand; and he's the one who asks you the Revan question. He also mentions that Revan went on a jaunt to Korriban a few years back, and then disappeared.

Shortly after you get control of the "utility droid," all **** breaks loose. A Republic warship shows up, and Sith Assassins start to jump you from every direction. The beta test ends with you getting the Ebon Hawk up and running, and going into a battle, with you manning the guns on the ship, but XBN decided to keep the opponents a secret.

Also, the new Dark Lord of the Sith makes an appearance: Darth Sion. The picture of him in the mag looks like a Borg Jedi. If we all weren't foaming at the mouth in anticipation of this game, we certainly are now. This game is definitely on my "Buy" list, and I hope it's on yours, too.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

LOL, I just saw it and thought it would be nice to share.

And re: the spoilers thing, a lot of people want general info about the game; sys reqs, release dates, etc., without any actual info about the gameplay itself, thus the spoilers warning. :p

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

LOL, I just saw it and thought it would be nice to share. 

And re: the spoilers thing, a lot of people want general info about the game; sys reqs, release dates, etc., without any actual info about the gameplay itself, thus the spoilers warning.  :)

YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME!!! :blink:

Kidding. Good article and good find.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've heard that they're teaking the lightsabre construction model to now include three chrystals, a power source, a focusing lens and something else. Is there any other features they're adding to them. The main one I've heard people request is different hilt styles, based on the screen shots released so far, I'd say that isn't going to happen. Anything you could tell would be nice

Also, the new Dark Lord of the Sith makes an appearance: Darth Sion. The picture of him in the mag looks like a Borg Jedi.

Oh man I hope that's not how it sounds, if Sion is THE Dark Lord of the Sith and not one of the lower Sith Lords then this game just went down a couple of notches of interest due to lousy looking main villain.

Also, the new Dark Lord of the Sith makes an appearance: Darth Sion. The picture of him in the mag looks like a Borg Jedi.

Oh man I hope that's not how it sounds, if Sion is THE Dark Lord of the Sith and not one of the lower Sith Lords then this game just went down a couple of notches of interest due to lousy looking main villain.

ya i hope he is just a minoir sith lord

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well he is going to definitly be MIGHTY strong in the force, I mean, holding that jigsaw together with sheer force of will! WOW!

Have some faith. At this point we know next to nothing about his character.

I'm surprised that apparently you are only asked 1 question about revan. I really hope more come later, in fact I assume so.

I agree. I hope that you get asked more questions than just whether Revan was male or female. IMO, that's a pretty shallow representation of the events of the last game, and in all honesty, one of the LAST things I really care about.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm surprised that apparently you are only asked 1 question about revan. I really hope more come later, in fact I assume so.

I agree. I hope that you get asked more questions than just whether Revan was male or female. IMO, that's a pretty shallow representation of the events of the last game, and in all honesty, one of the LAST things I really care about.

I assume that plays into the whole Bastila/Carth angle.

But I think once you get of planet you might have other conversations that dictate to the game what happened in KOTOR.