My website

Mr. Teatime

My avatar is from my favourite album, 'Pleased to Meet You' by James, a British band that broke up in 2001... it's a very dark album, and the black and white image of a straight faced man looking straight at the camera is a really appropriate image for the album, that's all about the darker things in life.... I actually think MCA would really like it, given how he doesn't like happy endings. My signature quote is actually from a track on the album, 'Getting away with it all (messed up)'.

I'm glad you like the site and the music, music is an outlet for me these days and I'm glad I can use it as such. I'll be uploading more tracks over the next few days/weeks if you're interested.

What kind of music is it, it sounds interesting. ;)

P.S. The layout to you site is awesome, much better than anything I've ever done. Just curious, did you use a template, or did you actually code it in something like HTML?

It's kind of electro-pop. Hard to describe really, I recommend the album. I did my site from scratch in MS Frontpage, and then went into the HTML to hide things like my email address, sort out the background images and the menu that highlights when you move the mouse over... Frontpage puts a lot of rubbish into the HTML code but I'm unsure what is safe to remove at the moment. Plus, it's handy the way you can highlight a paragraph in the webpage, click 'html' and it will go to the code with the same part highlighted that you did on the webpage so you can orient yourself.

EDIT: the site counter is pretty interesting, it allows me to see the part of the world people are visiting from, where they got the URL from, how long they stayed for, and so on... I never knew so much information was given out by visiting a website.

I've added a new track, also the style of the site is more or less finalised, though there are some things I'd like to do that my current knowledge of HTML and CSS is preventing.

Let me know what you think of the new track (actually it's old, but newly uploaded), I have another piece that's in a similar 'epic' style to the new one, it depends what people think whether I upload it or go with the shorter, easier-to-listen-to pieces. It's 30mb... :|

EDIT: I'm also trying to get a guestbook set up, but no luck so far.

Good luck with the music, Mr. Teatime. I always like hearing about successes from folks I know. It's too bad you're not more interested in academics but reading, playing music, and enjoying life is probably more important than academics. (It's not more important than searching for truth and wisdom, whatever those may be.)

I, for one, found the website quite easy to read as of 1:01 am, PDT, on June 25. The colors are subdued, it's true. Nevertheless, I agree with your assessment that the content is more important than the colors, fonts, or other extraneous considerations.

Like I said, good luck.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Thanks Eldar.

I've uploaded a new track, this one messing about in wierd time signatures (try dancing or tapping your fingers to this.... ). If anyone is annoyed by me bumping this thread when I upload a new track, let me know and I'll stop.

If you can't tap the rhythm for a sustained period of time, but enjoy listening to the piece - my job is done! I was trying to take odd time signatures, mix them up in one piece, and make a coherant piece of music out of them.