Who's writing style do you bother to translate?

Darque

Who's writing style to you bother to translate?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who's writing style to you bother to translate?

• Gromnir
    • Sargallath Abraxium
    • Both
    • Neither

Disclaimer: This is not meant to offend anyone in any way, I'm just trying to see if the way they post helps or hurts their "discussions".

As I sit here, getting a headache as I try to decrypt a post by Gromnir, I was struck by a thought... how many people acutally bother to read these "alternate" styles of posts?

So speak up :D Do you bother? or do you just pass on by? Does it help to make their arguments more "memorable" or does it cause your brain to hemorage? :lol:

I don't need to translate Gromnir's posts. They ar every much understandable. Now, I'm lucky where Sarge is concerned as I'm used to his Wemician language I have a 1st Degree Knowledge of it now. I pity those who don't 'cause otherwise it's just gibberish. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought Sargy was wearing two baseball gloves when he first started typing the way he does. Now I don't have any problem understanding his gibberish :lol:

• Like 1

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Neither. Both are fairly easy to understand. What I don't understand is, why do they even bother ? :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They're both gibberish to me. I just ignore them. It's difficult enough reading and writing english (I am swedish) without having to go through another layer of translating. Besides, 90% of what those two write is crap anyhow :unsure:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Both are fairly easy to understand.

I find the same to be true.

If you find either of them difficult reading try the Canterbury Tales or The Sound and the Fury.

This knyght answerde, "Allas and weylawey!

I woot right wel that swich was my biheste!

For Goddes love, as chees a newe requeste!

Taak al my good, and lat my body go!"

"Nay, thanne," quod she, "I shrewe us bothe two!

For thogh that I be foul, and oold, and poore,

I nolde for al the metal, ne for oore,

That under erthe is grave, or lith above,

But if thy wyf I were, and eek thy love."

"My love?" quod he, "nay, my dampnacioun!

Allas, that any of my nacioun

Sholde evere so foule disparaged be!"

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Don't really bother :o Though Sarge is on occasions rather amusing.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I tend to skim it and read what i want to. other then that it is rather like reading a childs first attempts to spell and write sentances. some what hard, but you get used to it.

Doesn"t pl4y dummm lololo wewll bust /\/\ah bitches an' callm e str3ak3r!!!!!!!!1~~~~~ cuz Iw ill hack youuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!! evryb0dy knows trhetr krazy iS a fergei alt account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11~~ lololo~~ you r lame !!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~ .. on am oe s4riouz note, it'd be nicet "see a way t"conveneintly traXr0 developer posts tehs vboards, effn yo 4hd not jotic3d, is k|\|da sdaid, an" mebbe folks"d B3 mo"e intaR3sted effn tejhy cd find posts do|\|e by f0lks not darq, vo7o ' krazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 looolololl!!!!!!!!!11~~~~ lololololololoolo *shrugg*

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well, considering I was able to teach myself how to read Old and Middle English pretty well with a little help from reference sources here and there, Grom and Sarge are easy reading.

I find it helps if you imagine Grom's posts in a Gollum voice, and Sarge's in a bad Scottish accent. :rolleyes:

...bad Scottish accent, eh???...yer close, lad...OK; I's'll "spill the beans" a wee bit on where's I gits it:

...when I was in the military, me best friend was a lad by the name o' Chad "Moose" Hedderson from the grand Isle o' Newfoundland...now, y'all may 'ave a hard time believin' this, but I's'll be damned if'n ol' Moose didna talk jus' like this...ask any Kanadian whose had the pleasure o' takin' a trip ta "The Rock" an' theys'll tell ya that Newfie-ese ain't the easiest dialect ta translate, an' Moose's particular accent was e'en more poluted than most...

...there; now ya's knows... :rolleyes:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...e'er actually been there, dwarf???...go ta a few ol' fishin' villages (Moose was from Gricket (sp?)); some o' theys make me typin' 'ere look like perfect English... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

...bad Scottish accent, eh???...yer close, lad...OK; I's'll "spill the beans" a wee bit on where's I gits it:

...when I was in the military, me best friend was a lad by the name o' Chad "Moose" Hedderson from the grand Isle o' Newfoundland...now, y'all may 'ave a hard time believin' this, but I's'll be damned if'n ol' Moose didna talk jus' like this...ask any Kanadian whose had the pleasure o' takin' a trip ta "The Rock" an' theys'll tell ya that Newfie-ese ain't the easiest dialect ta translate, an' Moose's particular accent was e'en more poluted than most...

...there; now ya's knows... ;)

Hey neat :)

Hey neat :)

...watchin' Moose try ta order a beer, 3 sheets ta the wind already, in separatist Quebec was quite a sight, I's'll tell ya... ;)

• Like 1

Well, considering I was able to teach myself how to read Old and Middle English pretty well with a little help from reference sources here and there, Grom and Sarge are easy reading.

I find it helps if you imagine Grom's posts in a Gollum voice, and Sarge's in a bad Scottish accent. :rolleyes:

"Gollum voice." Love it. :D

Anyway, Sargy's accent is fun. Gromnir's just makes me want to smack him.