In kotor i was all excited about the scoundrel class do to the fact i thought you would get to be a smugler for a potion of the game. Now i know on korriban you could do two smugling missions but they were short and i wanted more. I was also disapionted by the bounty hunting jobs on manaan (geonoharadan or something).

I think they should have elaborated on that or at least have collectable bounties on all of the planets. Iknow these are things that dont really matter and wont get put in because they probly wouldnt want to take time away from the main game but i just thought I'd post my opinion.

im sorry i posted this in the wrong place im new and this is my first post

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

In kotor i was all excited about the scoundrel class do to the fact i thought you would get to be a smugler for a potion of the game. Now i know on korriban you could do two smugling missions but they were short and i wanted more. I was also disapionted by the bounty hunting jobs on manaan (geonoharadan or something).

I think they should have elaborated on that or at least have collectable bounties on all of the planets. Iknow these are things that dont really matter and wont get put in because they probly wouldnt want to take time away from the main game but i just thought I'd post my opinion.

im sorry i posted this in the wrong place im new and this is my first post

You've been hitting a wee bit too much of that pixie rock haven't you? :lol:

j/k That's a pretty good idea, but due to OE's flat refusal of most of our ideas, I doubt it will be incorporated....perhaps in KotOR 3? ;)

Hades have a point.

First we start as a force user and even if that does not mean we are stuclk playing as a Jedi there is things that really dont fit reguarding quests.

One of those things is focus, if the game starts to gear towards one type of quests its focus will be that type of quests, turing the game into bounty hunting shifts the focus of the game.

As for smuggling thing it really does not work for the game engine since it simply turns then into "fed ex" quests.

drakron.png

Hades have a point.

First we start as a force user and even if that does not mean we are stuclk playing as a Jedi there is things that really dont fit reguarding quests.

One of those things is focus, if the game starts to gear towards one type of quests its focus will be that type of quests, turing the game into bounty hunting shifts the focus of the game.

As for smuggling thing it really does not work for the game engine since it simply turns then into "fed ex" quests.

Not neccessarily. Are all of you forgetting Kyle Katarn and Jan? They were contract Bounty Hunters for the Republic for a time. Also, who's to say the smuggling missions have to be simple fed ex missions. I could see being ambushed by pirates in deep space, being set up by your employer and having your contact turn out to be a CorSec Enforcer, having to fight your way out of a bad situation.....There's numerous ways a smuggling mission could be spiced up and different from the routine Fed Ex mission depending on the creativity of the Devs......I really need to get into the gaming industry so I can put some of these ideas to good use. B)

Its a Fed Ex mission.

I played Privatter and let me put this way, having a confed stilleto squadron pissed because they scaned weapons as I was flying a Orion it was amusing.

Fed Ex means go from point a to point b to deliver something, not try to move around in space trying to illude patrols, SW:KotOR engine is unable to throw anything more that a turret shooter.

I refuse to call a Fed Ex mission a smuggle mission, it cannot be done right in the oddessy engine.

Also you are wrong, Kyle was a mercenary since he left the empire until he joined Luke Jedi Academy, he is a special ops and not a bounty hunter and as for Jen Ors she was a Rebel deep agent and she appears to have left the rebelion after the fall of the Empire to join Kyle, neither are bounty hunters.

I played ALL the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces games AND add ons.

Also you prove my point, if they did that it simply shift the focus of the game ... I dont consider FF X-2 to be a example of good game design.

drakron.png

its only a fed ex mission in kotor but they could make it more then that like someone said get like ambushed and taken abord a ship like a sith or republic ship

because what some people are forgeting is that star wars isnt just jedi and sith dark and light its also other things including smugling and hunting bounties and being a part of the sith or republic army i just think they should focus a little less on the jedi aspect in the original game one of the selling pionts was to choose your own path but that was light or dark side they should take this a step further and choose your own path as jedi or non jedi but they probly wont <_<

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Its a Fed Ex mission.

I played Privatter and let me put this way, having a confed stilleto squadron pissed because they scaned weapons as I was flying a Orion it was amusing.

i agree games like Privateer and Freelancer invloved real smuggling. like running Cardamine[Freelancer equivalent of SW "Spice"] from one end of the galaxy back to the other all the while trying to avoid hijackers and the local authorites. that added so much to the game as there was actual risk involved with transporting cargo.

I know this isn't possible with KOTOR but aside from getting the Rakatan in the Box sidequest it wasn't really worth the effort.

its only a fed ex mission in kotor but they could make it more then that like someone said get like ambushed and taken abord a ship like a sith or republic ship

because what some people are forgeting is that star wars isnt just jedi and sith dark and light its also other things including smugling and hunting bounties and being a part of the sith or republic army i just think they should focus a little less on the jedi aspect in the original game one of the selling pionts was to choose your own path but that was light or dark side they should take this a step further and choose your own path as jedi or non jedi but they probly wont  <_<

Since the republic and empire dont exist their struggle is not important to this SW game. Nor is smuggling or bounty hunting because as has been said before this shifts the focus of the game. I was more than satisfied fulfilling the bounties on taris and the genoharadan quests which were infinitely kewler than what most bounty hunting would be. Look at Calo Nord. When he killed those two stupid rodians. You want to be sent off to kill pathetically weak NPCs for little reward? Let's keep the focus of the game on the story.

Also SW is NOT about smuggling or bounty hunting etc. Just because Han was a smuggler or bounty hunters were sent to kill them doesnt suddenly make these things intrinsic to SW. SW always has and always will be focused on the Jedi. Sounds like SWG is the game for you. If you dont want to play SWG thats fine but dont go whining KOTOR2 should be made how you want it when there is another game out there with those things you want.

Since the republic and empire dont exist their struggle is not important to this SW game. Nor is smuggling or bounty hunting because as has been said before this shifts the focus of the game. I was more than satisfied fulfilling the bounties on taris and the genoharadan quests which were infinitely kewler than what most bounty hunting would be. Look at Calo Nord. When he killed those two stupid rodians. You want to be sent off to kill pathetically weak NPCs for little reward? Let's keep the focus of the game on the story.

Also SW is NOT about smuggling or bounty hunting etc. Just because Han was a smuggler or bounty hunters were sent to kill them doesnt suddenly make these things intrinsic to SW. SW always has and always will be focused on the Jedi. Sounds like SWG is the game for you. If you dont want to play SWG thats fine but dont go whining KOTOR2 should be made how you want it when there is another game out there with those things you want.

I think Hades_One should take your advice as well.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wasnt whining I was just stating something that I thought would be cool Im not telling them to completely rework the entire game and Im not telling you this is how you should want the game to be. There is no reson the be so hostile. And what do you mean just because Han was a smugler that doesnt make those things relevent to star wars? Just because it isnt in the new crap movies they are dishing out doesnt make it non related to star wars. What about the exchange? Its in the game unless im just dreaming all of that stuff with the exchange being in kotor. Or maybe i got the messed up copy that has the exchange in the storyline. To me its as if they are basing this storyline more off of the original trilogy rather than the new one. But thats just me.

Unfortuntly as the game is set its simply going to shift focus.

We start as a former jedi on a mining base and the Sith are hunting the character down because he is a former jedi.

On other RPG that might be done, starting as a ship owner that gets into trouble by accident and ends up saving the galaxy might work with smuggler missions but as pointed out we need a decent engine that allows space combat and a more "hands on" on moving the ship across space.

The idea have merits and I think everyone will agree with it but it simply does not work for SW:TSL as its set.

drakron.png

Well, this game is called Knights of the Old Republic II, so obviously the main focus of the game will be the Jedi. Is this true to the spirit of the Star Wars PnP RPG? Of course not. Does it take away some of the freedom associated with the cRPG genre? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. Look at PS:T and tell me that was not truly a GREAT cRPG despite it's narrow room for characterization.

Unfortunately, this means that Smuggling, Bounty Hunting, hell even Twi'lek dancing will not be of major importance in the game. Maybe someday Lucasarts will comission an RPG where the Jedi are in the background (or not in the game at all.) Just don't hold your breath, and if it does come out- don't expect it to sell well. 'Cuz then, you'll get munchkins complaining 'Where's my Lightsaber? I wanna be a Sith Lord!!!"

• 2 years later...

Yeah, I still think it'd be a great idea.

Working for the Genoharraden or whoever the jerks are in K1 was one of those things how it was the biggest waste of time, that sleezy rodian just to say "kthx you killed all the genoharraden for me kbye" was so annoying, going to all those places and not acctually doing anything really, just being used as a tool.