Dark side mechanical replacements

There should be an option like a feat or through the plot for the main hero to gain a mechanical part if he chose the dark side of the force just like Malak or Darth Vader. Well Darth Vader was like a cyborg but Malak lost his jaw by the power of the dark side so can the main hero lose an arm, an eye or even his jaw as well and have a mechanic part. This would increase some abilities and decrease some others. For example a mechanical arm would increase physical strength but decrease dexterity. An eye implant would increase your chances to hit opponents in battle as well increasing your blaster deflection skill but at the same time reduce your charisma. An iron jaw (like Malak's) would give you immunity to poison and mind affecting abilities as well as an intimidation bonus to persuasion (when used to intimidate) at the cost of constitution for lack of proper breathing. A mechanical rib could give you extensive regeneration capabilities but at the same time give you droid weaknesses and a constitution penalty e.t.c. Also I would suggest that everyone should react differently when they see the pale face and yellow eyes of a dark jedi, something I never saw in KoTR 1 and was very strange. I mean even though there are some pretty wierd looking aliens around the game your appearance should be at least intimidating. And I surely expected the Sith troopers on Mannan and the students at the Korriban academy would react differently to someone with so obvious dark mastery. :ph34r:

They may add something like this already. If KotoR 2 continues to stay true to the trilogy, I think you can expect to lose a limb whether youre DS or LS. If the replacement has any sort of benefit or penalty, we will just have to wait and see.

Well there is always the danger to lose a hand or two when you fight with lightsabers. So it would be reasonable for a jedi to get a disfiguring injury in combat wether he is following the light or the dark. But it would be better if you lost a limp by choice rather than by luck. I emphasize the matter for the DS because choosing to lose a part of your body in order to gain more power shows the resolve and ruthlesnes of a true sith. If someone stops before nothing in order to gain more power then he is truly to be feared. That should make someone a true Sith.

Well Darth Vader was like a cyborg but Malak lost his jaw by the power of the dark side so can the main hero lose an arm, an eye or even his jaw as well and have a mechanic part.

Malak lost his jaw by the power of the Dark Side? I must have missed that part of the game... :rolleyes: anyways, dismemberment, which is slightly related to your suggestion, will not be a function of the combat system, but it might be in the game, perhaps in a cutscene, which could then lead you to mechanical replacements...

People should only get a limb cut off if they do something stupid. Case in point Luke went against Vader before he was ready. That was stupid and he deserved to get his arm cut off. In the crapfest movies Anakin went against a far more powerful and knowledgable Sith and got his arm chopped off.

Both acts were the result of stupidity and serve a lesson to all future force users. Don't get stupid.

Maybe he cut himself trying to wield a double bladed lightsaber?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

There should be an option like a feat

A feat that replaces a limb? I could have quite a time imagining the scenerios around something like that.

"You took the mechanical arm feat. Now, stay still, this shouldn't hurt" *Pulls out rusty cleaver*

Well it should be quite a change from the only other augmentation system (implants). But I believe that a mechanical part should have more roleplaying value than enything else. Well I will agree that as a feat it is to weard but as a special subquest when you gain dark side mastery it could work. For example:

"You and your party are set upon by a cloacked dark jedi and a couple of assasins. The fight is hard but you prevail in the end, altough just barely. The dark Jedi proved to be quite strong in the force so he intrigues you enough to remove his cloack. What you see underneath the hood is not very intriguing... or is it?"

Now at this point you could get the idea that the dark side corrupts your body as well as your soul. So you should decide if you would be ready to sacrifice your physical integrity in order to continue down the path of darkness. This could also be a turning point for you, since it could make you think more seriously about the dangers of the dark side. On the other hand the dead jedi could be not so dead, so when you so carelessly leaned down on him, he took the opportunity for a last strike (everything in dialog mode). The moment that this happens you get a few dialog options in order to perform a few evasion efforts but each and every one of them would just beraly save your life and at the same time make you loose a specific-expossed at the time- limp... :ph34r:

why didn't malak get an artificial jaw?

a couple of years ago, a pic from rotten.com made its way around the web- malak reminded me of that poor sod...

as to replacements: i agree with hades- do something stupid, get an artificial limb. maybe one of the NPCs could have a mech. leg or something... oh and a mech. hooked hand. and a parrot. a mechanical one.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

od...as to replacements: i agree with hades- do something stupid, get an artificial limb. maybe one of the NPCs could have a mech. leg or something... oh and a mech. hooked hand. and a parrot. a mechanical one.

Wasn't he in Dr Who: The Pirate Planet (by Douglas Adams)?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Maybe he cut himself trying to wield a double bladed lightsaber?

Yep.

No, no, no you guys! Malak didn't lose his jaw in a duel, he lost it lightsaber shaving. Let this be a lesson to you young padawans, it may look cool, and impress the ladies, but only those very strong in the force are able to successfully shave with their lightsabers. ;)

Either Revan "removed" Malak's jaw, or he lost it while gaining mastery of the dark side. Either way no particular reference exist in the game, wich is very strange If you think that Malak's image is everywere in the game from the starting menu to the game icon. :ph34r:

Either Revan "removed" Malak's jaw, or he lost it while gaining mastery of the dark side. Either way no particular reference exist in the game, wich is very strange If you think that Malak's image is everywere in the game from the starting menu to the game icon. :ph34r:

With some luck you'll be able to find a datapad or what not in KotOR2 .. explaining how Malak lost his jaw. This was one of the things I missed in KotOR to be honest. They should have explained it .. darn it! :lol:

Greets

Either Revan "removed" Malak's jaw, or he lost it while gaining mastery of the dark side. Either way no particular reference exist in the game, wich is very strange If you think that Malak's image is everywere in the game from the starting menu to the game icon.  :ph34r:

With some luck you'll be able to find a datapad or what not in KotOR2 .. explaining how Malak lost his jaw. This was one of the things I missed in KotOR to be honest. They should have explained it .. darn it! :lol:

Greets

But then Malak wouldn't have been nearly as sinister... :ph34r:

<grin>

But he was never sinister. He was all muscle no brain. I dont think he had any idea what he was doing.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.