NPC quests

I'd like to know atleast what happened to my party.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Thatd be horrible and they wont do it. Why would they bother trying to come up with a story on what happened to every possible member of the Ebon hawk crew unless it relates to their story? And if it relates to their story they'd leave it open so you'd discover as you played. And you never know. If there's a KOTOR 3 they might decide to use someone again. But thats more difficult if they've already created eulogies for the entire cast of KOTOR. They will simply leave anything from KOTOR not related to the story of KOTOR2 open to player's imaginations. You can imagine Mission is wandering the galaxy with Zaalbar or is hanging with him on Kashyyk running rwookworro(or whatever) If you never see/hear otherwise then every player can give them the ending they want to give them.

I don't necessarily agree that it'd be that horrible to do. If they do it right, they can be vague enough so that it doesn't close the door for possible appearances in future games, while also satisfying gamers who are curious about what happened to their party from KOTOR1.

Also, like the characters or not, they're part of the timeline and therefore warrant mention, considering they accomplished something big. In KOTOR there were offhanded mention of characters such as Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, etc. without actually having to make them a big part of the story.

IMO, mentioning the whereabouts of the party members from KOTOR seems more logical for continuity issues. Especially considering you're using the Ebon Hawk again, plus T3. There's obviously links to the past, so an offhand mention of what happened to everyone shouldn't detract from Obsidian still being able to tell their own story.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Okae Ill do it for Obsidian. Everyone split up and went their separate ways. There problem solved.

You never did explain how exactly having a small mention (a tiny dialogue with someone in a cantina) of the old party members would detract from Obsidian being able to focus on the story they want to tell.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Okae Ill do it for Obsidian. Everyone split up and went their separate ways. There problem solved.

You never did explain how exactly having a small mention (a tiny dialogue with someone in a cantina) of the old party members would detract from Obsidian being able to focus on the story they want to tell.

Because now they have to think gee what did Mission do after KOTOR? Then they come up with that. When they do come up with something though it has to 1. make a lot of people happy. 2. not interfere with their story. This limits the eulogy they can create for the character. And inevitiably people complain because its not what they had in mind for Mission to be doing. Then they have to decide ok who is going to relay this to the PC. An important NPC? Is it going to be a super obscure reference someone makes in a cantina about running into a young twilek and her wookie friend? Or will it be Kreia who tells you Jolee died trying to kill a Sith Lord? Etc. Now repeat for every single character. Now you have to make sure that if you do ask the PC what happened in KOTOR 1 that either the PC cannot say Mission died or make it so that if Mission DID die all of these references do not happen. STUPID. Tons of work to make almost no one happy.

That being said I exect SOME references. Even some cameos. But only where Obsidian decided it worked into the story.

Uh let me see. You werent attached to the characters but you want obsidian to let you know what happened to all of them????? Oooooooooooook.  :rolleyes:

Way past bedtime when that one was posted.

What i meant was that would be NICE if Obsidian would let people know on what happened to the Ebon Hawk crew, but that doesn't mean that it would mandatory to include it. What was also mentioned, was that if some fates were revealed, then how to balance the KotOR-fansatisfaction/KotOR II-story without sacrificing too much of either one?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think it is kind of safe to say that an evil Revan wouldn't redeem Yuthura. So maybe if you say that Revan destroyed the starforge (eg he was good), then Yuthura would pop up somewhere in the universe.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

But it was quite difficult for even "good" Reven to turn her, so most likely she is dead, unless there is a specific question about her.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Does anyone kow how the Canderous sidequest goes when I'm on korriban with him. a member of his former clan comes to him to challenge him for a duel on tatooine but when I go to tatooine i can't find him and i've searched the level all over. <_<

Look in the desert south of the sandcrawler approching the entrance to the southern bit. Candourous must be with you obviously.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I'd like to know what happened to my party members, but it wouldn't have to be in depth or anything. Just tell me in general what happened. Like, Mission left with Zaalbaar back to Kashyyyk. Or, Carth and Dustil were last seen on Telos together trying to work things out. Personally, I'm more interested in Revan and Bastila.

Btw, I know this hasn't been asked yet, and I haven't looked at this whole thread because I'm lazy, but I would highly recommend doing the Genoharradan side quests. Regardless of your alignment. Not only do you get some really good gear that would normally cost you alot of credits to buy, but it's an excellent way to wrap up any NPC sidequests that you haven't had the time to complete.

SPOILER! (for anyone that hasn't played it)

My only warning is that towards the end of the Genoharradan side quest.....take two people with you :)

I'll be pissed if they don't include Yuthura. Her character was begging to be in the sequel.

Actually it was only "begging" to be in the sequel if you play as Revan again. Technically, as this new PC, you have no clue who Yuthura is.

I hope there's reference to certain NPCs, but I don't really think they're "begging" to be in there.